Eight

Her (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stop looking.” she told me as I keep on staring at her whilst she does her work. “You're distracting me, do you know that?” 


“Should I be glad or sorry?” I asked to tease, not taking my eyes off her. I suddenly remembered the time when I first did this to her. How she was telling me to stop looking because it's embarrassing but I don't think it's possible to stop doing it now. 


She then tilted her head slightly and had this amused look on her face. “Since when did you have this much confidence? You've suddenly become...flirty.” 


“Spent too much time with Yuri, I guess?” we both laughed at the mention of Yuri's name. I didn't even notice how long I've been keeping my eyes on her ever since I got here. 


“How is she, by the way? You should bring her next time.” she said and continued her work. “We haven't really kept in touch as well.”


“I know but she's doing great.” I nodded my head and smiled before breaking the news to her. “She has a thing for Yoona now.” 


“Yoona?” she repeated and let out a gasp upon confirming. “No way. That's cute!” 


“Right?” I said. “But be quiet about it. She told me not to jinx it so...” I put a finger on my mouth as a sign to keep that information to herself. 


“Ah, I'm telling her about this if we ever meet.” she teased but I just laughed it off since she looked adorable. Looking at her like this right now, I still can't believe that none of this is a dream. Everything just feels surreal. 


“Earth to Taeyeon?” she waved a hand in front of my face in an attempt to take me back to my senses. 


“Sorry. I just can't believe this is all real. You, me, laughing.” I gave her a smile. “I didn't think this would still be possible.” 


“You really wanted to see me that much, huh?” she teased again.


“You have no idea.” I said and leaned in a little closer to take a better look at her face. “So please, don't mind me staring. I've missed this for the past six years.” I don't know what she thought about that exact moment but she just smiled and didn't say a thing anymore. 


It was almost midnight when she finished like she expected so we hurriedly made our way to the parking lot to get to my car since the both of us are already starving. I almost forgot I haven't eaten anything as well before I go here.


“You sure you don't want a drive through? There are still a few open restaurants around.” I asked when we got in because as much as I'd love to cook for her, I don't want her to wait for how long again before she gets to eat. 


“No, I want the dishes you make.” she said, making me smile in an instant. I guess she already made up her mind. Well, if that's the case then...


“Okay, let's go.”


Thank good heavens her house isn't that far and we arrived in no time. And holy , let me tell you guys, it is one of those luxurious houses you see in movies where it would leave your mouth agape because of it's breathtaking look...and I haven't seen what's inside yet.

 

I already expect her house would look beautiful but god damn, president Jung.

 

“Let's go out.” she tapped my arm as she gets ready to get off my car. 


“What, like, right now?” I asked in confusion because I haven't even had the chance to park it yet but Sica nodded her head. “But I haven't parked yet.”


“Leave it to him.” she pointed at one of her people standing outside. “He's my driver, he'll take care of it.” 

 

Alright, whatever she says hehe.

 

“Jess.” her driver greeted and waved his hand. 


“Sup, Siwon oppa?” she playfully punched his arm before asking him about my car. “Can you take care of her car for me? We'll head inside.” 


“Oh, sure.” then I handed him over the car keys. “Boa unnie won't stop bugging me, you know? She keeps on asking your whereabouts.” 


Her lips turned into a pout which I found adorable. “In my office, as usual.” 


“She thought you went somewhere because you didn't call me to pick you up.” 


“Nope.” she shook her head before turning onto me. “I just have another ride.” I felt my cheeks burning when she met eyes with me. Good thing, it's kinda dark in this spot.


“I can see that.” he said and spins my car keys around his finger. “Well, you two should head in. I got this.” 


“Alright, thank you!” Sica told him before clinging onto my arm. 


“He's your driver? I thought he's one of your friends.” I initiated a conversation once we're away from him.


I heard her chuckle. “Oh, but he is. I just don't like it when people whom I consider family are too formal towards me. It makes me uncomfortable.” 


“So that's why Sunny-ssi calls you Jess, too.” I said upon remembering how she almost slipped into calling Sica informally earlier in B&E. 


“Yeah, I let her call me by my name when it's only the two of us but I can't let her call me that all the time. The other employees would find it unprofessional.” 


“I see.” 


Despite almost dying out of st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter