Seven

Her (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woah.” 

“What?” I sat back up and leaned against the headboard. 

“Nothing, I just...I missed hearing you call me that. It brings back so many memories.” I bit my lower lip to refrain myself from smiling.

“It does?” 

“I can even recall the first time you called me that.” she lets out a soft chuckle. “The day before you left after spending a night at my dorm.” 

I averted my eyes elsewhere trying to recall it but failed. “Do you remember that?” she asked. 

A frown appeared on my face, feeling bad for not remembering. “I'm sorry, I don't...” 

“That's okay. But it was special to me.” she said. “I made you feel safe that night.” 

Hearing her talk to me like this makes me wonder if her feelings stayed the same even after a long time. Maybe this is the perfect time to ask her the one thing I'm most curious about. 

“Taeyeon.” 

“Yes?” 

I was hesitant to ask at first, not knowing whether I should get straight to the point or not but I figured there's no point in prolonging it.  

“Have you...really been waiting for me?” 

“I have.” her voice suddenly sounded sad. I don't know if it's just me but it's like her voice became serious. “Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.” 

“You're lying.” I told her as I remember the tall girl she was with not so long ago. 

“I know it's hard to believe but I've never dated anyone else, Sica. Not even once after we...” 

She didn't finish what she's about to say but I bet it's because she already knows that I know what it means. I feel my heart start beating rapidly the moment she said those words. Now, there's the answer to my question. Who would've guessed she still has the same impact on me? 

“So you don't have a girlfriend?” 

“I don't.” I unconsciously bit my lower lip again as I get up on my feet to walk around the room. “How about you? Are you in a-”

“I'm not.” I quickly cut her off before she can even ask. “I'm not.” I repeated to make it clearer and I heard what seems to be a sigh of relief from her. 

“Okay. Uhm...cool.” she chuckled again. “That's cool.”

“It is.” a giggle escaped my mouth knowing there's nothing to be afraid of now. We didn't say anything for a bit but I hope she's as glad as I am right now. 

I was playing with a pen I found by the desk when she suddenly decided to speak again. “Listen, I'd really love to take you out sometime. You know, catch up after we-” 

“I'll let you know immediately after I check my schedule.” I gave her an answer right then and there.

“Okay.” she said softly. “Well, I should give you time to rest now. I don't want to ruin the princess's beauty sleep.” 

“You're an idiot.” it made me laugh a little. “I'll see you again, Taeyeon.” 

“I can't wait. Good night, Sica.”

“Good night.” 


I don't know why but I can't stop smiling after we had our talk. “Oh my god, I'm like a teenager.” I laughed after seeing myself in front of the mirror, blushing like crazy. I know I'm gonna have to see her again someday but I never thought it'd make me feel like this. Just thinking about how she asked me out earlier makes me want to roll in my bed. 


Once I composed myself, I kept on staring at my reflection in the mirror. “You're still in love with her.” I told myself with a small smile on my face, followed by low giggles. 


As I get ready for bed, my phone started ringing again. Assuming it was Taeyeon, I immediately answered without bothering to look at the caller. “Hey, I thought you don't want to ruin my beauty sleep?” 

“I never mentioned anything about that.” my eyes widened upon recognizing whose voice it was. 

“Sorry, I thought you were somebody else.” 

“So you're talking to someone else now, huh? Interesting.” 

My eyes rolled at her statement. “What do you want, Kelly?” 

“Just checking on you. Don't you miss me sometimes? You don't even call me.” 

“I'm busy.” No, really, I just don't have reason to do so.

“Doesn't seem like it when you answered the call. You were giggling and stuff.” she teased. “Mind telling me about the lucky one?” 

“I'm getting ready for bed. Good night.” 

“Wait, Jess, don't hang up the call yet-” 


I rolled my eyes once more after hanging up on her. “God, if I only don't need her when it comes to business matters.” 

 

AUTHOR's POV


“So you're telling me she invited you guys on purpose because she wants to help you?” Yuri cannot believe what she just heard from Taeyeon after telling her the whole story of how she reunited with Jessica. “God damn...she still cares about you, Taeng.” 


“I was surprised to know, too. Said she saw me on the news and all.” 


“But isn't it strange, though? That she knew exactly where to find you?” Yuri questions her. “You said her secretary went to see you by your house, right?”


“Yeah, so?” Taeyeon quirked a brow.


“I don't know. If you'd ask me, I think she really was keeping an eye on you or something before that.“ Yuri throws a teasing look at her friend. “But hey, that's just what I think.” she shrugged. 


“Nah.” Taeyeon shook her head. “I don't think she has any reason to do that.” 


“You really are stupid. I just told you, I think she still care about you as before. Maybe she just doesn't know how to talk to you then so she used that opportunity for you to finally see her.” 


Taeyeon laughed at Yuri's 'theory', thinking it was a silly thought. “What, do you think we're in some kind of a romance movie? You're so corny. Sica just happened to find out accidentally about it on the news like she said.” 


“Yeah, whatever.” Yuri gave up and rolled her eyes at Taeyeon. “At least, my theory makes sense.” 


Taeyeon snorted and sarcastically says, “Yeah, right.” 


The two of them are currently in Yuri's house enjoying a bottle of wine. This is how they typically hangout with each other through the years.


“When are you going to see her again? Tell me there's next time.” Yuri hopefully tells her and that's when she sees Taeyeon's lips turn upward. 


“There is. Fortunately, we're both single so I asked her out.” she said before taking a sip on her glass of wine.


“That's what I'm talking about!” Yuri made her way over to Taeyeon and gave her a pat on the back. “Now my theory makes so much more sense.”


“Aish, stop talking about your theory.” 


“But for serious, this could be the chance for the both of you to start anew.”


“I know.” Taeyeon said. “If we're still on the same pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter