Three

Her (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON's POV


          I chose to stay at home rather than trying to get people help me recover the restobar. It's not that I don't have plan to rebuild it but I guess I'm still shocked to even make a move that I don't have the energy to do so. Some of my people even wanted to pay me a visit but I told them I want to be left alone for a while.


I bitterly chuckled after I remember myself calling out Jessica's name as if she'd come out of nowhere to help me get back up my feet. “Idiot, this isn't a fairytale. You're living in a misery, Kim Taeyeon.” I reminded myself. 


Still, I find myself sat on the edge of my bed, holding our photobooth film together. 

 

I used to keep seeing this face of yours every day. Now, you're slowly fading in my memory.

 

I traced my fingers on the film, reminiscing the past. “It's been six years, Sica. You didn't have to distance yourself that much.” 


Thinking about her made me search up her name on instagram but I remembered unfollowing her for the sake of my peace. And it's on private now, I can't see her posts anymore for how long already. I turned to her company's official account but there were only a few photos of her which I didn't regret seeing. She was beautiful then but she looks stunning now. I don't have to see her in person to tell. 


My heart felt a pang again, remembering the old times. How I wish everything turned out differently. How I wish I was spending time with her, holding her hand and hearing her laugh instead of being away from me. It would've been so much better if I was beside her while she makes her dreams come true and the other way around. 


After all these years, I always find myself back to her for some reason. I couldn't try getting it on with others, it makes me sick in the stomach even and I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing to keep on pushing people away because of my feelings for her. 


“Everything happens for a reason.” there goes that saying in my head again. As much as I don't like hearing it, it keeps on repeating inside my head. I think it's pure bull. 

 

How does loving a person could cost this much suffering?

 

I would never understand. It didn't have to be this cruel, it didn't have to feel like this. She didn't have to be away from me. 


As I was quietly thinking about the past, Yuri's name suddenly popped up on the screen. My favorite ringtone is heard around the room as I let it ring for a while. 


“Yul?” I finally answered. 

“Hey, I happened to pass by the restobar and I think you would love to see this.” 

My eyebrows knitted out of confusion. “What do you mean?” 

“I'll pick you up. I'll be there in 10 minutes.”


I let out a heavy sigh and put the photobooth film back on the desk. I put on a sweater, not wanting to look like a loser that I already am later on when I go outside. 


Not too long, two horns were heard outside, indicating for me to go out and so I did. Yuri's Audi isn't hard to spot since obviously it was just right out front. 


I quietly got in when she broke the silence. “How are you holding up?”


“I'm not. I feel like .” I responded immediately. 


“Well, this might cheer you up.” she says and drove off. 


I didn't mind what she said because I'm pretty sure nothing could possibly cheer me up right now except maybe, of course, if Jessica would show up but the possibility of me dying has a higher chance than that.


Once Yuri parked her car, I could only look at my burnt establishment from the window. It breaks my heart again, recalling what happened. 

 

Maybe I could've done something if I was there that time.

 

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Yuri looks at me and nodded her head, indicating me to get out of the car. I let her lead the way because I don't know what she's talking about. We're here in the middle of the night so what could possibly cheer me up? 


“Go over there and see what's in it.” she says, pointing a finger in what seems to be a box near the entrance of my restobar. “I've already taken a look at it so it's safe.” I squinted my eyes at her, believing this is some kind of a prank. 


“Are you trying to pull a prank on me?” 


“Oh, come on. At times like this??” she said. Well, that makes sense. “I assure you, you'd be happy to see those.” 


I slowly walked towards the box and inside it were letters

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter