Four

Her (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Hey, guys! I'm back after a few days ksjsksjsk. I had to do something important and I had somewhere to be. I wasn't home for days but I'm back now! I'll also try to update tomorrow :)

 

 

          Taeyeon's breath hitched at the mention of the name of the person she's been longing for. And the moment she sees Jessica come out from backstage, it made her stand frozen. 


The sight of Jessica in front of her left agape. She was staring so deeply, she couldn't even hear things clearly anymore. Taeyeon's eyes then moved to observe every piece of Jessica's existence; her hair color has now changed into a lighter shade of brown, she only has light makeup on but still shines bright, she was wearing a long-sleeve satin shirt tucked in a white tailored trousers with heels on. Taeyeon could not deny the fact how breathtaking Jessica looked despite not seeing her up close. She can see Jessica's lips moving but the words coming out of were inaudible for Taeyeon. 

 

How the did I forget that B&E stands for Blanc & Eclare? She thought. 

 

It was like slow motion, a dream she has always looked forward to having. Taeyeon blinked her eyes a few times to make sure it was all real; that Jessica is indeed in front of her, giving speech. 


“Unnie.” Winter tapped the older girl's shoulder after noticing that she had not moved one bit. “Is everything alright?” 


Taeyeon finally came back to her senses but couldn't utter a single word, worrying the other three. “Noona, are you okay? What happened to you?” Chanyeol asked. 


Her breathing becames heavy the more she stare at Jessica. Her emotions are getting intense, wanting to go up the stage and embrace the woman she's longing for. 


Just then, Taeyeon's world stopped the moment she met eyes with Jessica as she finish her speech. “...please, enjoy the night.” Jessica was smiling but shortly cut the tension when she started walking towards backstage. 


“Unnie.” Winter turned her around to fully get her attention. “Are you okay? Why were you dumbfounded just now?”


“I...” Taeyeon uttered but couldn't find words to speak. Knowing they won't be able to perform like this, Sehun went up the stage and whispered to the host that they might need more time before they perform. Thankfully, Jennie handled it like a pro and gave them what they need. 


Winter brought Taeyeon again backstage to calm her for a bit while the latter is busy looking for the presence of Jessica knowing she went back here earlier. “She was here...” Taeyeon mumbled to herself as she wander her eyes around until she was stopped by Winter. 


“Taeyeon unnie.” she held her by the shoulders. “You need to get ahold of yourself. We can't back out now.” 


Taeyeon stared at her for a while, letting words sink into her. She then sees Chanyeol and Sehun over to the side, not knowing what to do. Sunny also made her way to check on them. “What's happening, guys?” she asked worryingly and they all turned to look at Taeyeon. 


“We think Taeyeon noona is not in good state right now.” 


Suddenly, she gulped hard, finally able to control herself. “I'm sorry. We should head back and get to work.” Taeyeon said nonchalantly. 


“Yeah.” Sunny nodded her head. 


“Are you sure, noona? Are you feeling well?” Chanyeol asked. 


“I'm fine. Let's move.” Taeyeon flatly said before going down again on her own whilst the others exchanged looks as if asking ‘What just happened?’ to each other before following Taeyeon. 

 

TAEYEON's POV 


“Relax, Taeyeon.” I told myself as I inhale and exhale slowly before we start to perform. I knew there's a reason why I feel more nervous today. 

 

Stupid of you again for not realizing the company that invited you. 

 

I exhaled deeply for the last time and forced myself to perform and get done. I knew I was going to do well nonetheless and while at it, my eyes only looked for her in the crowd but to my disappointment, she was nowhere to be found. I started to think my mind is playing me again because of how desperate I am to see her. How after all these years, she's still the only one who makes me feel alive. 


I've been dead for the past six years, at least that's how it felt. It's quite hard to believe how I managed to get here without loving somebody else but that's how it is. I guess, you can't just choose to forget the person who became a huge part of your life.

 

Even up to this day, she's still a part of me.

 

We finished the gig after a few hours without a sweat and the party continued. I let Winter, Chanyeol and Sehun have some fun while I go looking for a specific someone. 


I should be eating or drinking right now, having fun like the rest of the people here but my eyes keeps on wandering around and cannot stop searching. 


“Don't tell me she already left.” I told myself as I let out a sigh. I rested for a while and grabbed a drink from a waiter to cool myself. I won't leave this place without saying a word to her. I am here for a reason. 


“She knew I was going to be here.” I said to nobody. “She knew.” I nodded to myself, remembering how our eyes met earlier. 


I was b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter