Five

Her (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR's POV


          Taeyeon couldn't stop smiling at the thought of meeting Jessica tomorrow. Sunny just informed her about what time she should go around and it brought a smile on her face in an instant. Days ago, she was just hoping to see her even in a dream and now, she's actually going to see her again face to face. 


She then goes in front of the mirror to practice on how she's going to approach her. 


“Hi, it's been a while.” she smiled at herself softly then screwed the idea thinking Jessica might not give the same approach. 


“Hey, how are you doing?” she tried again with more confidence, grinning like crazy but ended up chuckling at herself. “God, I look like an idiot.”


Taeyeon then went back to lay on her bed deciding she should just go with the flow when she meets Jessica tomorrow. She stared at the ceiling for a while thinking whether she should give something to her or not. 


“Aish, it's only the first meeting after six years. Why would I give her a present? She'd think it's weird.” she screwed the idea again before deciding to tell Yuri about it. “Ah, she won't believe me.” 


“Taeng?”

“You doing anything right now?” 

“I'm not. Why?” she asked but before Taeyeon could respond she added, “Want to drink?” 

“Yah, do I only call you when I want to drink?” she laughed at Taeyeon's response.

“Most of the time, yeah.” Yuri teased. “I'm just hanging out with Yoona.” 

“Ah, I see.” this time, it was my turn to tease. Yuri has been hanging out with Yoona a lot these days. She told Taeyeon that they realized something more within their relationship and Taeyeon thinks it's a good thing considering Yuri hasn't dated since two years ago. 

“Don't jinx it.” she warned the older girl. “Why'd you call then?”

Taeyeon bit her lip refraining herself from smiling before she break the news to her. “It's about Jessica.” 

“It's been a while since we last talked about her, huh?”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon took a deep breath. “Well, I called to tell you I'm going to see her tomorrow.” 

Silence occurred for a while. Taeyeon thinks Yuri didn't hear what she just said. “Yuri-ah.” she called her out then heard Yuri started laughing, making her tilt her head out of confusion.

“Ah jinjja, Kim Taeyeon. I thought you were going to tell me something serious about her.” she said on the line. “You need to go out more, Taeng. Seriously, you're starting to get delusional.”

“Yah!” Taeyeon yelled through the phone. “This is not a joke, I'm really going to see her tomorrow.” 

“It's more easy to believe that you woke up having a than what you just said.”

Taeyeon looked at an invisible camera in her room to express her annoyance with the idiot over the phone. “I'm not ting you.” she said with a serious tone, bringing silence between them again. 

“For real?” 

“For real.”  

“Well, damn...” Taeyeon is convinced Yuri finally believes her. “But how?”

“Long story. I'll tell you when I see you.” Taeyeon said before playing with the sheets. “I'm just...nervous. I don't know how she's going to react.” her heart suddenly started beating rapidly again just thinking about it. 

“Understandable. But isn't that what you want? To finally see her?” 

“Yeah. I'm just worried.” Taeyeon told her, letting out a nervous chuckle. “And excited. Whatever happens, happens right?” 

“Just go for it, Taeng. I think it's a sign for you to shoot your shot.”

 


          The following day, Taeyeon gets out of her car and walked towards the front of B&E building. She looked up to it and thinks about how Jessica manages something like this on her own. Jessica must've struggled a lot as well, she thought. Taeyeon took a deep breath before heading in and takes a seat to wait for Sunny. 


She takes a look around the ground floor whilst relaxing on the lounge area. Everything was designed simply but enough to call it classy. Minimalist style. Taeyeon smiled remembering how simple Jessica used to design her room back then yet it always looked neat inside. 

 

Very Jessica. Taeyeon thought as she observe the building. 

 

Taeyeon repeatedly shakes her leg, anxiously waiting for Sunny to call on her. She can't help but think about how Jessica is going to approach her. Will it be just like the old times? Or the Jessica she used to know was long gone? She can't stop thinking about how they'll carry on with the conversation. Will it be awkward? Or will it be normal just how they were back then? 


She her lips and swallowed hard. Taeyeon even put up an effort to look extra good for Jessica today. She's lucky, she doesn't feel like like she used to or else it would be the worst timing to face Jessica after a long time. 

 

What if she's a whole new person now and the only thing she can remember was how badly I made her feel back then? 

 

Her negative thoughts then were washed away when she heard Sunny calls for her. “Ms. Kim, over here!” she waved a hand for Taeyeon, making the latter stand up immediately and walk towards her. 


“Good morning. It's nice to see you again.” Sunny happily greeted her. 


“Good morning, Sunny-ssi.” Taeyeon politely gave her a nod as she follow behind her.


“You know, I don't mean to pry but other than Kelly, you are the only one whom she agreed to meet with immediately despite her hectic schedule.” Sunny initiated a conversation during the elevator ride.


“Who's Kelly?” Taeyeon did not hesitate to ask but rather than getting an answer, nothing but silence occurred. She wanted to have one but she clearly doesn't want to push Sunny into talking.


They walked and walked until they finally reached the floor of Jessica's office. “She's already expecting you so I won't have to introduce you myself. I'll leave you two for privacy.” Sunny gave her a smile before walking away, leaving a nervous as hell midget standing in front of Jessica's door. 


Taeyeon firstly took deep breaths before knocking on the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter