Ten

Her (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You should order, it's on me.” she said, pointing at the menu in front of me while she scan on hers. Apparently, she wants to have a ‘proper’ talk.


“I'm not here to eat.” I told her coldly. I didn't even want to be here in the first place but if this is the only way to truly know who she is, then I'm all in. 


“Oh, come on. This might take a while.” she said, still has her eyes fixed on the menu. “And I don't want to ruin my image by not offering you a meal, at least.”


I stared at her for a while, fighting the urge to roll my eyes. There's something about her that irks me for some reason since I know people like her; the overconfident ones and they're mostly bad news. I leaned closer and talked in a calm manner. “Why don't you just tell me who you are and why you're here? What else is there to talk about?”


She finally met my eyes and let out a low laugh. “Aren't you an impatient one? We haven't even formally introduced ourselves yet.” she puts down the menu and straightened herself up before speaking again. “I'm Kelly Yu and I'm originally from China but I work in United States as a COO. Being in the same industry as Jess, we had to see each other a lot for business matters. And you?” 


No wonder why this woman is overflowing with confidence, she's also working in the business industry like Sica but that doesn't mean she has to behave accordingly especially when she's in no place to do so. Sunny and Jessica clearly weren't happy to see her and that's what I'm also here for. Although I'm a bit intimated because of her social status, obviously I won't show it. “You already know who I am.” I spoke nonchalantly. 


“Well, technically, I want to hear everything from you. How you're associated with Jess and all.” the way she talked annoy the hell out of me. Maybe it's her tone, her attitude, or just the fact that she's interested to know about my relationship with Sica. 


“I don't have to tell anything about my life. I agreed to come here because you want to tell me all about you, isn't that right?” I'm beginning to lose my temper but still managed to get ahold of myself. She was looking at me intensely in the eyes but I can very well see how is turned upwards. 


We stared at each other for a while and each second, I feel like shifting my gaze anywhere else because I know she has something in her mind based on the look she's giving me. 


“That night when you answered the call...” she started off and talked as calmly as ever. “...why didn't you tell me right away that she wasn't there to answer it?” 


“I wanted to know why you keep on bugging her. Clearly, you gave me a bad impression.” I straight up told her as the memory of the first time I've seen her flashes in my head. 


“And you're bothered with that because?” she raised both of her eyebrows as she question me.


“Because I care about her.” I said with the intent to stick the words in her mind. “No offense, but for a woman with a high social status, you obviously don't know what a boundary is, barging in and making a scene like that with a lot of people around to see.”


Her eyes never left mine until she let out a laugh that's obviously meant to make fun of me. “You know, for a friend, you're kind of overprotective, Kim Taeyeon.” 


Once again, my vision became intense because no matter what I say or how I say it, she would always wear that stupid grin on her face.


“But you don't have to keep an eye on me, really. You have no idea how fond we are of each other.” she said as if hinting on something but I didn't pay it no mind. 


“Yeah, right. I can tell she was really glad to see you.”  I laughed in a mocking tone. “You know, I think we're done here. This conversation is going nowhere.” I finally stood up, getting ready to leave. I figured there's no point in talking to her anymore and that I should just ask Jessica about her myself but it didn't take long for my expression to change after she told me the next thing. 


Just when I was about to take a step forward, her words stopped me from doing so. “I'm Jessica's ex-girlfriend.” I saw Kelly in the corner of my eye looking up at me. “I have an unfinished business with her so I prefer you stay out of the way.” 


My eyes widened and it made my heart stop for a moment. Kelly really turned out to be someone I was thinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter