Chapter 8

Beyon The Surface

- You will never understand the damage you did to someone until the same thing is done to you. That's why I am here -

-Karma

 

"Daniel, shoot him" Baekhyun shouted as Chanyeol was cornered by the enemy. But the enemy was his friend Ong Seongwoo.

 

I can't.

 

What for a situation was this?

 

He actually had to chose if he was going to shoot at his bestfriend or the men he called his brother.

 

The two guns he reflexively aimed at them started to feel heavy. His arms hurt and he could feel his whole body tremble.

 

He saw Ong Seongwoo start to push the knife into Chanyeols neck earning a groan from the latter.

 

„Don't!" just now for the first time Daniel spoke up. It was not a scream but loud enough to reach his friend. Sengwoo haltend in his move and questioningly looked over at Daniel.

 

Daniel didn't waste anytime and dropped the gun from his left hand the other still aimed at their direction. Everyone froze to witness this unusual scene.

 

Daniel lifted his hand to the mask slowly taking it off.

 

Peng!

 

A loud groan came out his mouth as Daniel felt a enormous pain in his chest and with that he fell to the ground with a loud thud.

 

„Daniel!" Chanyeol voiced out in shock and ignored the pain on his neck and rushed to the boy.

 

Seongwoo couldn't even move after what he had witnessed. The voice from the guy he heard and the name he was just called by hit him like a cold shower. He looked over to Daehwi and Jihoon. They only looked back at him questioningly. None moved or did anything as they watched the scene infront of them.

 

Chanyeol and Baekyun were knelt infront of the lying body while Sehun still held the guard.

 

Chanyeol didn't waste time and lifted the mask from his face.

 

„Daniel?!" Daehwi held his hand up to his mouth. „Oh no, I shot Daniel." he looked at his mates and tears welled up in his eyes.

 

Without second thoughts the boys moved to their friend ignoring the glares of their enemies.

 

Seongwoo knelt infront of his friends body that was leaving signs of life with each passing second. „Oh no Daniel, what type of mess have you gotten yourself into? We are so sorry, no this shouldn't happen."

 

„Are you his friends?" Baekhyun hadn't even dealt with the shock of losing a member yet he was met with another one.

 

„Daniel please wake up" Seungwoo couldn't bring himself to answer the questions and broke down in tears.

 

* * *

 

„We lost Kang Daniel" Baekhyun's voice popped up from Jungkook's right ear.

 

„What!?" What do you mean?" Jungkook was devastated upon hearing the news.

 

„Damn don't make me repeat it.

We are struggling right now. Back us up. A bunch of new members came rushing and have cornered us" Jungkook clearly heard the horror in Beakhyun's voice.

 

Jungkook tried to pinpoint the feeling he had inside of him. A mixture of emptiness, shock and pain. But that all formed into rage in a second.

 

Jungkook didn't waste time thinking as he shot a bullet after another. His mind was racing with toughts as his body was moving on its own.

 

He didn't know how long it continued as Baekhyun's voice was heard again.

"Hey, what the hell Jungkook?! You almost shot Sehun!! You know what?

Let it be. Calm down a little bit. Notify me when you are on your right mind again!" Baekhyun was screaming now.

 

Jungkook stopped his movements as his vision blurred, tears falling down.

Jungkook couldn't calm down. How can someone calm down right after hearing such news?

 

„It's all this damn gang's fault. We never should have joined them" now Jungkook regretted all his enjoyments within the group. His life was already miserable without the gang and now he got himself into more trouble.

 

Turn around while you still can. Because once the road ends you won't be given any chances.

 

He recalled his brothers words.

 

Reconsider the people you call your friends. Others misery shouldn't be your enjoyment.

 

Eventhough regret hit him, Jungkook couldn't just leave. The members still put their trust in him. He was angry at the situation and not s so he shouldn't leave them hanging.

 

Just for the sake of your help in a time I needed it the most I won't turn my back on you.

He promised and position himself infront of his sniper once again.

 

Now with a different determination.

 

                           * * *

 

„Listen mate. We can end this here without furthermore trouble. We only want someone. Give him to us and we let you be. For ever." Himchan spoke up stopping the one sided conversation Zico was forced to have after both of them got shaken from the first gunshot.

Now the war officially had begun.

 

Zico was taken aback. „Oh, so that's what you have been wanting all along,

a member? Well you could have somehow made it clear to us. I was thinking that I got myself into someone’s bad side" he scoffed.

 

Himchan and Youngk looked at eachother, "So you'll hand him over to us?" Youngkuk carefully asked.

 

Zico gave them a look before he spoke „Over my dead body" his voice was backed up by a serious and cold tone.

 

„And that is the reason why we didn't even waste with the talk" Himchan said and aimed his gun at Zico.

"Well we came here to take him with us no matter what. So hope you prepared yourself" it was obvious by his voice how angry Himchan was.

 

"You handle him. I'll go search the other rooms before he tries to run away" Youngkuk whispered as he jogged past Zico.

 

"Stop" Zico's attempt to stop Youngkuk but failed as Himchan used the opportunity to knock a punch.


*** 

Now that Jungkook used the little time to sort of his toughts he promised to back up his team no matter what. But he was thankful that none of his bullets took the life of the opponent.

 

Before, he would never make killing someone a big deal. If it happens then it happens, he always said. That's the part of being in a gang anyway.

 

But now the thought on shooting someone made him recall Daniel's death. Now he realized they weight of his deeds.

 

He helped Baekhyun's team while trying to injure the opponent so that they won't be able to fight furthermore. He could do that effortlessly since he had practiced it a lot. He recalled the day he shot off the men's thumb at the roof of the hotel when Daniel stole money from them.

A lump formed in his throat at the memory of Daniel now being a memory of a death friend now.

After clearing the coast for Baekhyun he checked every floor in case someone was needing any help.

 

First floor, neutral

Second floor, neutral

Third floor, where V was positioned was empty, negativ.

 

Jungkook looked through his sniper ocular. "Where the hell are you?" he hissed. "l swear to you, you better not try anything stupid-„

 

„Or what?" the voice came from behind him and Jungkook felt the coldness of a gun pressed against the back of his head.

This can't be, he thought.

 

„Okay, tell me this is a joke" Jungkook looked ahead.

 

„Im sorry to disappoint you but it's the bitter truth" V's voice pierced the quiet and dark night air.

 

„So you were the spy of the Ghosts?" Jungkook felt a lump in his throat as he spoke. He was definitely not prepared for this.

 

„No, I'm the spy of the government that wants both gangs gone." V spoke up. "You are such a smart guy - what a waste." he added as his finger was ready to pull the trigger.

 

to be continued...