Chapter 7

Beyon The Surface

- If you fail at preparing, you're preparing to fail -

 

Your life is pretty boring if studying is all that you are occupied with.

Jihoons voice echoed in his mind.

 

How he wished that he would be studying instead of the situation he was in now.

 

"Daniel are you ready?" Chanyeol's voice woke him from his thoughts.

And he returned to the reality he was in.

 

It was the awaited day of the raid against the Ghosts and currently everything was going according to plan.

 

They sneaked to the secret base of the Ghosts splitting up to their respective places and taking out the things they were tasked to do.

 

They've knocked out the bodyguards from outside first and where currently in front of the doors leading to the main hall.

 

From here on it was about eliminating all enemies, taking all the goods they can take, waiting for Youngguk's order and then leave that instant.

 

He nodded towards Chanyeol who's face was hidden behind an animal mask.

And with one nod Chanyeol used all his might to kick the door open and speed inside with Baekhyun, Sehun and Daniel following his tail.

 

And just like V told them from the earplug the majority of the members where present sitting at the round table.

 

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun didn't waste any time and attacked the men head on.

 

Daniel ran right behind them and pulled out two guns. He was the backup for this mission together with Jungkook.

After Jungkook he had the best aim.

 

But this time things where different. Daniel thought a lot about what he had talked with his frineds a couple of days ago and revived his life and the road he had infront of him.

 

Somehow questioning his doings made him doubt his real intentions.

 

He joined a gang when he was young but now that he grew up and had seen it's reality he noticed that this was definetly not the way he wanted to lead his live.

 

He rather wanted to be an university student with a monotone and boring life worrying about exams instead being a member of a brutal gang stealing money and killing people. How would he ever tell his parents that their son had become a murderer?

 

Cool and nice gangs don't exist and no matter how nice the members in Malbat where he knew that they were involved in not so nice things. But then again thats the whole thing of being in a gang and being part of it, it's just hell.

 

I won't shot anyone Daniel told himself.

 

They can handle it on their own. They can beat them up to death but I won't do anything, he thought.

 

I'm done with this.

 

No more killing.

 

No more stealing.

 

No more ruining my own live.

 

But all those thoughts came to a halt as he saw Sehun hit punch the enemy . The so called enemy being Ong SeongWoo.

 

No, there was not something wrong with his mask, he clearly saw it. It was his friend being punched.

 

And as he turned around there was Jihoon and Deahwi agains Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

His friends were also part of a gang? And it had to be the Ghosts from all of them. This can’t be.

 

In war even your brother is an enemy they said. How much it hurts to confirm those heard lines from own experience.

 

His eyes widened and his throat became dry. This looked like a bad joke to him.

He couldn't even process anything.

He wanted to tell them to stop.

But why didn't his voice come out?

 

And that's when Daniel understood there was no other chance for him to change his life. All the chances where given to him already and today was payday. He regretted letting so much time pass by. He knew what he had to do but it took him to long and time didn't wait.

Now it was too late.

 

At that second Kang Daniel saw that he lost his chance of doing everything better the moment they entered the room.

 

                          * * *

 

Yonguk adjusted the animal mask of the shape of a tiger as he and Himchan walked inside from another entrance where acoording to V, the Ghosts said boss was.

 

They walked into the heart of the basement. Only if they rip out the heart - the boss and mastermind behind all of it, is when the Ghosts can be destroyed once and for all.

 

And just as they decided on which door to walk in, a distant voice appeared from afar.                 

 

"What do you mean we got attacked? Are you sure it‘s them? Damn, okay where are you right now?" by now Woo Zico appeared from the middle room as he walked out. He was still on the phone after he noticed them he stoped on his tracks.

 

„Nevermind, I found them" he ended the call not breaking his gaze from the two.

"I don't really like surprise guest but I guess we can make an exception as I finally have met my secret admirers" he said. His words were playful but his tone stiff. He was taken by surprise and unprepared so getting a little nervous was understandable.

 

„Well guessing on how you pulled a raid on us this quick and even managed to enter into our base tells me that you have some extraordinary skills.

Maybe you would be cooler if you get rid of those ridiculous masks. Why not be confident and show yourselves?" he said and tried to buy time to think of what to do.

 

He had one gun with him but was only one person. Whilst they were two with probably at least one gun each.

 

„You are not really on the talking side I see" Zico said as no response was coming from both of them. They didn't even move since the moment of their encounter.

 

Suddenly a loud gunshot halled trough the entire hall making the ground shake from all the echoes it caused.

 

With that Zico got alarmed and imidietly pulled his gun out aiming it at them.

 

His opponents copied his movements as they did the same.  

 

to be continued...