Chapter 2

Beyon The Surface

- Decisions determine destiny -

 

I left my phone and all my things at home and simply ran out without thinking. But I couldn't stay there one more second. So I ran, ran and kept running without looking back until my legs gave up.

I took break on alley where suddenly some drunk punks cornered and punched me nearly to death.

Actually, I could defend myself but I felt so empty that I didn't do anything. I just let them punch me.

I hate myself for that.

After those drunk heads where tired they left and I just sat there for hours and hours thinking about my life. Or maybe it was just a couple of minutes, I can't tell. For someone at the mere end of his life time becomes irrelevant.

I had dropped out of Highschool and my family was in a mess. My father ran to another women, my mom is an alcoholic and my older brother, who should me my last pillar, thinks that drugs are his only solution.

While those things occurred to me I wanted to just threw myself at one of the cars that where passing by.

Yeah, it seemed like a perfect idea.  Wouldn't like that all my sorrow be gone? If i'm gone?

I stood up and walked to the street. Blinded.

Blinded by the pain, the sorrow and the yearning for ease and relief.

I saw a car approach and walked to the street without second thoughts.

I heard the honk.

But kept walking.

And that's when I felt someone push me

from behind. We both landed on the ground and I could hear the car pass by.

 

I fell down on my chest and looked to my side and saw an unfamiliar face. He looked back anger evident in his eyes as he got up. I got up also. He looked at me and then I felt a sharp pain on my jaw. I flew back. I glared at him holding onto my jaw.

Did he really just punch me?

„Come on. Don't just stand there. You wanted to ruin your life and the one of another who has nothing to do with your messed up mind. Well, I blocked your plans. So come on. Get angry at me.

I'm asking for it" the boy moved with his hand for me to come closer.

He was wearing a black sweater and wore the hood. But his face was visible and his eyes, they held something scary inside them which made me question if the angel of death had come for me.

But at that moment everything I held in me exploded. I felt so angry I don't know if it was towards him or myself but my hands started shaking.

I sped up to him and gave him the same punch I got. Just harder. He didn't block it and fell down.

He was crazy. He just smiled and wiped the blood from his jaw. His hood fell back. Revealing more of his face.

Still unknown. "That's it. Don't hold it back. Punch me!"

Just like on command I stepped towards him and landed another punch and another. He fell down and I pulled him up and continued punching. He did not block anything and let me punch him like that.

I don't know how long this continued but my knuckles started hurting. I screamed letting all the stress out and kneeled down.

I had reached my limit and couldn't stop panting.

The boy laid infront of me and I couldn't see his face as it was covered in blood now. It was strange but I felt like he was still smiling under the blood mask.

Pants filled the cold night air from both sides before I heard him clear his throat.

"You feeling better?" he asked with a quite and muffled voice. Shocked by his use of words and the exhaustion I just nodded. I don't know why but I felt lighter after it.

"Good..." he threw his head back. „So you don't want to kill yourself anymore?"

I looked at him confused. "You let me punch you...so that I do not commit suicide?" I asked.

„Well if you like you can put it that way." He sad spreding his arms on the ground.

„Who are you and why did you do that?"

I asked, stood up and walked to him. He opened his eyes and looked up at me. „Aw, I feel hurt. I'm your fan" he said.

„Fan? What the hell. Speak clearly dude."

„Well aren't you JK? The King of the underground hiphop dance battles." He said and sat up.

„Oh" I felt dumbfounded. „You are a dancer?" I asked.

„No, I just come to watch and admire the dancers. You are really cool. And your are obviously the best out of them all. I felt so surprised after I saw you on the streets tonight. But you where being beaten up" he said.

„Why didn't you help then?"

„I was about to but they where already done. I didn't knew how to approach you after that so... So I just watched from afar until I saw your sucide attempt.

I knew you where angry about something. I saw it in your eyes. But how could you just end all your hard work and leave your family and friends behind? I couldn't stand seeing you threw your life away like that. So I came to help."

I didn't say anything to that as he continued. "What happened to the JK on the battlefield. The one with so much confidence, the one with no care or fear. The one that loved what he did.

Why would he be weak so suddenly and harm himself?" he rambled on.

„Shut up are you my dad? I don't have anything left anymore and you don't know anything!" Somehow I wanted to cry. It felt like something he said hit me right on the spot.

„Why would you end everything only because one day of your life istn't being glorious like the other? Why forget all the days, weeks and months of happiness just for a few days of pain?

Obviously life is not perfect everyday. But I don't think it has to. It can be imperfect so we can make the best of it and handle it the way we want and make it go our own way. You know put some effort in it." He said brushing off my words.

"You always looked so happy and careless when you danced that I forgot that you are just human too. You can have bad days and it must be hard. But don't throw everything away. Don't leave the people behind that love you and are willing to spend the good and bad days with you.

And if you think there are no people that love you then make them love you. And you know how it starts?" He looked me right in the eyes.

"By loving yourself first.

And I thought that's the part I saw while you where performing. But I guess you just pretended?" he was on his feet by now.

I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks. He was right and wrong and I hated it. But one thing for sure is, I'm stupid.

I did love my life at some point even with the bad days and he was right I had people with me with whom I could share everything and anything and I don't mean my oh-so-called family, no. There where people from whom I could trust my life to.

How could I forget them. I felt so stupid and pathetic that I acted like a child. I was blinded for a moment. And that little moment nearly ruined everything.

So I started crying infront of that stranger. My face in my hands.

He just stood there watching me without a word.

 

* * *

 

„Well, thank you for saving me somehow. Yeah I was not thinking straight."

After calming down I stretched my hand out to him. „You forgot to tell me who you are."

He wiped out most of the blood from his face by now but there would be big bruises. I felt sorry. He just wanted to help me and I punched him to death as a thank you.

„Oh Yeah. My name ist Kim Taehyung" he smiled. „But I can't shake your hand" he showed me his hands. Which I now noticed where covered in blood. „I..is that your blood? Sorr-„

He looked at his hands „No it's not my blood or anything. You know the drunk men that punched you? I forgot to tell you that before I watched you from afar. I followed them and" he looked up at me. The moon shone on his face making his eyes sparkle in a scary way „made them payback."

I wasn't really that shocked. I am around people who probably do worse things to others and I myself am not that innocent. But this guy doesn't seem to be the type to do 'mean' things. He more looks like a carefree who enjoyes his life and does not harm a fly. But I should have known better to not judge a book by its cover.

I chuckeled „You didn't mention that earlier. Good I lowkey got scared wondering how long you where spying on me.

So you seem to be taleted are there other things I should know? You are also big fan of streetdance. How bout dancing?"

He pulled over his hood „No. Just watching. I don't really enjoy dancing. But it feels nice to watch people show moves to imply what's on their mind and just simply fight with their moves and not their hands" he smiled to himself.

„Nice, where do you live, I don't think I've seen you around"

"Oh I'm not from around here. I live a little far away. But I study at an university here. I live in a dorm by myself." He told.

„What are you majoring in?" I asked curiously. Could I also attend an university if I still went to school? I mean he looked around my age.

„Technology-Programming" he said and we started walking.

„Programming, I see. So you can also hack?" I jokingly said but he stoped and held my arm.

"Wow how did you know?

Well it is illegal but you can't stop a programming student from trying it out once in a while. I felt bored so I also tried to hack and I figured out that I really enjoyed it. There is nothing I can't crack." He said proudly.

I figured out that he enjoys talking a lot about himself.

"You know," he started but got quieter „have you ever heard of the Ghost?"

I stoped in my tracks.

"You know the group of white clothed men that are known to rule this area.

That terrifying yet powerful group?"

I felt a cold shiver down my spine.

„Why...why would you mention them out of a sudden" I said coutiously.

„Well, some members approached me a couple of weeks ago and forced me to be their hacker. I don't know how they figured out that I was one but they threatened me to join and help them" he looked around.

"They said that they wanted to invade the system of another group to destroy them"

I turned to him „What group?" And I hoped to not hear that name but-

"I think it was something like Malait or Mabayt" he said while thinking.

„Malbat" I corrected him.

"Yeah that was it, how did you now?" he snapped his fingers and laughed.

„Doesn't matter. Groups like that are well known. So did you help them?" there was more I needed to know.

„Well..."he stopped and laughed „I'm smarter than I look." I figured that.

"I told them that I'll do it and used their computer and put a virus all over their system without them knowing and ran away. I guess I'm on their black list now" he laughed again. Naiv or not? I don't know.

„I see that's good" I felt relieved. But he contiunued.

"Actually maybe the next time i'll join them."

"What?! They probably want to kill you now" that was not good.

"Wouldn't it be fine if I just apologize?" he smiled innocently. „I mean you know that our society is ruled by such groups as The Ghosts or Malbat. They actually offered me a lot of money just for a simple hack. You know even with working on a good job later on I wouldn't get half of what they where willing to pay me.

Joining such groups will make your life much easier and I mean I have no friends and my family lives abroad. Joining a group would help me stand on my own feet and give me confidence.

I could live everyday as it is. And on night I'll be a secret hacker of one of the most powerful groups in the city." he said and I could clearly hear the excitement in his voice.

„Don't be delusional. There is nothing cool about it. I don't know what type of fiction you read to make you have such ideas but people who are actually living like this go trough real hell. No one wants to live like that. And then there are people like you making a joke out of it. Are you too comfortable in life? Go look for some other habbies then." I caught my breath from all the ramble.

"I don't think you should throw your youth away. If you join a group especially the Ghosts your life won't be like usual. You'll have to put your family, friends and safety on the line. You could go to missions where you have to take the risks to die any moment. And once your in the group there is no way out" I said and hoped to change his mind. Never can I let him join the Ghosts.

"Are you a Ghost member?" he bluntly asked and his smile faded.

"What n-no" I was taken aback.

"Really? I felt like I was getting advised by someone who is more than just familiar with gangs" he looked at me right in the eye while raising a brow. This was getting dangerous.

"Follow me." I said and took his arm.

"Wait. So I am right? You are a Ghost member" he said.

Damn, he is persistent but I can't kill him here and now. That's against my principle.

I looked around. „No you are wrong. I would rather eat my eyeballs than join them"

„So-?" I didn't let him finish.

„You want to change your life? You want to use your ability to hack and you want to have friends?" he gave me a yes everytime.

 

 

After thirteen minutes of speed walking we were there.

Infront of us was a huge bunker within an old site.

"Where are we?"

Ignoring him I continued walking and we arrived in-front of a door.

I hope someone's there. They gotta be. I looked to Taehyung before I knocked the door.

"Why join the Ghosts if you can join a better group?" He was confused by my words. „ I can't let my fan go to wrong hands. Don't go to the enemies. Join me and my team. You where not completely wrong. I am a member of a powerful group. The best one. Join Malbat!"

I regretted it the moment I heard myself. Damn, I was definitely not thinking straight today. Killing myself was better that what I did now.

Why did I bring him here?

But Taehyung's eyes sparkled with such joy, he looked shocked but happy, really happy. Like a kid which got the perfect gift for his birthday.

"Oh my God JK-shi, I am so happy and shocked right know. You are a member? Wow and you invited me to join your group...omg. I would not expect out of all the people I know for you to be a member of a gang. Haha don't judge a book by it's cover must be meant for you" he voiced almost in one breath. I felt pity for him.

"Or you" i said.

So he accepted I guess.

What for a coincidence.

On a day where I wanted to end my life a fan finds me saves me and reminds me that I'm not alone. And on top of that he is an ace in hacking. I could stop him from joining the enemy and I saved my team from getting destroyed. And we got a new member in a field where we where lacking.

Those coincidences where perfect. Maybe even to perfect and that's scary.

But don't they say that many coincidences make destiny?

We'll see...

* * * 

„Oh that's Hyung's car" Daniel interrupted Jungkook from continuing.

Jungkook just plainly gave the conversations they had back and left out his thoughts and the part where he had a break down.

„So what happened then?" Daniel asked as they where approaching the van.

"You know. You where there that day." Jungkook said and crossed the street.

„Oh yeah you mean where you brought your fan inside and got a handful of beating from Himchan Hyung for bringing an outsider to our secret base. Man, he beated you so hard I thought your face will get out of shape" he laughed.

Jungkook gave him a hard punch.

„Ow" Daniel rubbed the spot on his arm.

Just three meters away from the van Jungkook stoped. „Okay the conversation ends here. He is probably inside too."

„Okay but one last question. Did you gave him his Codename?"

„No it was Youngkuk Hyung he wanted to name him V."

„Wow Youngkuk Hyung must be really liking him. But indeed he seems to be crazy and out of this world sometimes but he is pretty smart and he learns fast. He almost won against Sehun Hyung one day in combat"

„Yeah Yeah" Jungkook dismissed as his hand was on the door knob of the van.

He opened the door.

„Took you long enough kids. I thought I had to come in and help out." said the men on the driver's seat.

He was in charge of the getaway cars or helping out if something happens if things go out of hand.

Every one had his duty in the team and that was why they where strong. Every one had a field to cover and took it seriously and supported each other.

"Sorry Sunggy Hyung, we got a little distracted" Jungkook glanced to the boy sitting next to himself. Which on proceess made him look back.

"Hey bro nice job„ He gave V a fist bump. Daniel shortly looked back at him and turned around again.

Then the van took off in a fast speed.

 

to be continued...