Chapter 3

Beyon The Surface

- In life the real win are people not money -

 

The money was staked on the big brown table inside the base.

 

Himchan took a stack in his hands and examined the money before smiling in approval.

„Good - good, Maknaes. You handled this mission quite well and quick and as far as I see it, using his abilities is a big advantage for the missions" Himchan said looking at the newest member, V.

 

All members of Malbat where seated around the table at their headquarters.

At the far end of the table sat the leader, Bang Youngkuk. Quit and stern. He did not even touch the money.

 

„So" his deep voice drew everyone's attention. „How did you got with your mission today?" he looked at V.

 

„I..it was good I didn't had to do much so it was not a big deal" V wasn't really scared of him but there was the feeling of nervousness whenever he spoke to the leader. A sense of big respect.

 

Youngkuk simply nodded and stood up followed by Himchan.

„Take your share and Baekhyun you put the rest into the save" the leader voiced over his shoulder and left.

 

With that a set of hands moved to the center. Everyone taking two stacks in their hands.

 

V didn't join and let them finish while he was taking in his sourrounding. In a couple of months he suddenly had became a part of a Gang.

He looked around the familiar yet unfamiliar faces.

 

He had watch Bang Yongguk leave. He was the Alpha and leader of Malbat. He and his right hand  Kim Himchan were now his two superiors. Both seem to held a huge grudge against the Ghosts. According to Himchan it was about an unfinished business with a member of the Ghosts.

 

Youngkuk doesn't really speak about it or about himself. Actually he doesn't really speak at all to begin with. Just some orders or some things he had to say and that's it.

 

There are just a few things known about him. That he had a group of close friends. His brothers he always said. But in a gang war he lost all of them except Himchan. He said that being inside a gang and living in such an environment was meant for him. So he made Malbat. Another gang.

 

Kim Himchan is his right hand. While Youngkuk was a calm ocean Himchan was an angry river. He always had a more angry and pissed off look on his face and on top of that not that wasn’t chill at all.

 

V's eyes wandered to the person sitting in front of him, Park Chanyeol also known as CY. He was an excellent combatant but had a very short temper. It looks like he speaks with his fists and not his mouth. But all in all he is pretty caring toward s except for....

V looked at Chanyeol's seatneigbour, Byun Baekhyun or BH, also a combatant.

 

More approachable than Chanyeol and pretty skilled and fast on combat. Unfortunately he and Chanyeol seam to be in a constant cat and mouse fight for some reason. They seem to get along well but at the same time fight a lot.

 

In contrast to that the guy next to them seemed to be more quiet. Oh Sehun or SH. He is much more laid back and also easier to approach since he doesn't talk as much as the others do. He is also a combatant and teaches a lot of fist fight and self defense for close combats.

V learned a lot from him.

 

Just like he learned from Kim Sunggy. The one in charge of escape plans and vehicle transport. He is like the cool, experienced Hyung.

Sunggyu was currently in a conversation with Kang Daniel.

 

Daniel was one of the youngest members and really witty. But since they where close in age he was also easier to approach and really cool to hang out with. He is really funny and also a little clumsy but changes totally to a rude little brat when he is on mission. He really knows how to trigger the enemy and is also pretty skilled with the gun.

 

Just like Jungkook. With that V glanced at Jungkook and noticed that he was also looking at him. As they locked eyes Jungkook raised an eyebrow. V felt caught and just gave him a sheepish smile.

 

Jungkook then averted his gaze and continued looking at his phone. There weren't many things V knew about him expect that he went by the codename JK and that he was a street dancer. He held dance battles in underground hiphop duels. He is working as the sniper and is the youngest one in the group, two years younger than himself.

 

But he seemed to also love his job and s. Even though he has a really cocky attitude and doesn't really listen to Himchan Hyung.

 

He remembered the first time he was brought to the base by Jungkook on the night they met. Himchan just looked at V and then started to punch Jungkook and scold him. No one stopped him or did anything.

Also Jungkook didn't fight back and took all the hits. Was this fear or immense respect, he didn't know.

 

This group surely went through a lot before he came and therefore he couldn't say much. But those where just few members. Was this really all of them?

 

That can't be.

The whole country was scared of this mysterious group of masked individuals. They are so powerful to stand against the Ghosts, which have at least fifty members. 

 

No, that's ridiculous.

 

There gotta be at least twenty more members under Malbat who weren’t here today They can't be just eight people, no way. They would be smashed imidietly.

 

V felt his pulse quicken.

 

His head hurt from all the thinking. There where to many open questions and not much time.

 

to be continued...