Chapter 5

Beyon The Surface

- If your Intention is powerful, your action will be powerful.

If your action is powerful, your results will be powerful.

But if it's all bad...it will powerfully backfire on you -

 

„Okay, this is the real deal. If we make any mistakes on this last mission of ours then it's over. Understood?"

 

„Yes" voices overlapped one another lazily.

 

„What is that?" Chanyeol stayed infront of the boys arms crossed and not very happy about the attitude.

 

„Yes sir." now the voices got a little louder.

 

„Again!" Chanyeol demanded.

 

„YES SIR!" Jungkook, V, Daniel and Sehun screamed now.

 

„I can't believe you Chanyeol" Baekhyun who watched the scene from afar said.

 

„Wait, why do you treat me like a rookie?" Sehun asked walking away and destroying the perfect line he stood in with the boys.

 

„Because you are young and inexperienced. Just like them." Chanyeol stated it matter of factly.

 

Sehun scoffed at the attitude of his older friend and turned around before exiting the hall they were in. "Than you must be even more inexperienced counting how many times you lost against me on combat" he said and closed the door after him.

 

"Look at that brat, picking a fight with me first thing in the morning" Chanyeol said between gritted teeth and ran after him.

 

Malbat had met up at their usual hideout. This time earlier, as the time of the Raid Day approached.

 

The plan was simple, or so Youngkuk said.

 

Everyone stay in your position and do what's on the plan. We will take him out and that's it.

He implied.

 

They also were given guns. Just in case things get dirty. Himchan told them.

 

The guys left the row they stood and each took a seat around the table Baekhyun was seated at.

 

Sitting down each of them made their exhaustion audible in the form of a groan. Chanyeol had let them go trough his soldier program on combat and condition training from the early morning on.

 

"I know he is giving you a hard time but trust me he knows what he does. He just wants to make sure you are on your best on the day we approach the Ghosts." Beakhyun said while briefly looking up from his paperwork to the boys.

 

V looked at him. He didn't really know what Beakhyun was doing besides being a gang member as he never understood why he was always busy with paper work. But he didn't wanted to seem nosy and didn't ask. The other members also seemed to not really bother asking.

 

Daniel's phone interrupted the silence as he pulled it out of his pocket.

"Well, since I'm done going trough torture I would like to use my free time for myself. I want to meet up with some friends" he said and stood up.

 

"Yeah, I think I'll go to. I haven't visited home in a long time" Jungkook said as he also stood up.

 

Baekhyun looked up from his papers again. "Did something happen? You usually try to avoid going home" he stated.

 

"Yeah but my mom said that my brother came back home. He was gone for months without any trace. So before he leaves I want to ask him some things." Jungkook said.

 

"Okay, but if something happens make sure to call us. Not Chanyeol tough as he will most probably be no help" Baekhyun jokingly added.

 

"Thanks, but I will handle it on my own" Jungkook put his hand on Beakhyun's shoulder and looked to V.

"Well see you too buddy" and waved.

 

"Bye" V mimicked his movements.

Shortly after they both left the room turned into complete silence again.

 

"You have no plans for today?" Baekhyun didn't let the silence stretch out as he spoke.

 

"Not really actually. But I was wondering if I could walk around a little in the base"

V said.

 

"What is there to see?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

 

"Nothing but since I don't have any plans or anywhere else to be I thought I could stay here. But if that's a problem then I'll leave" with his words V stood up.

 

"No hold on" Baekhyun threw his papers on the table as he massaged his temples.

"That's not what I meant. It's just that this is an old and dirty place. You won't really find something interesting here. But if you want you can take a look around. You are new, so I understand if you get curios."

 

"Cool, thank you" V said and walked to the door.

 

"Oh and don't try to walk into locked rooms. They are closed for a reason." Baekhyun said before V could leave.

 

While his hand was on the door knob V turned to him. "This sounds like something someone would say if he hides something" he tried to make it not sound taunting.

 

Baekhyun looked at him „Or it sounds like someone who loves his privacy" he countered.

 

„Oh yeah thats true, too" V opened the door and walked out. On the process he took a glance at the papers on the desk Baekhyun was working on. Eventough he couldn't grasp what they were about the title of one of those sheets definitely caught his attention.

 

                            * * *

 

„You're late. As usual" Seungwoo looked up from his game.

 

„But now I'm here, no?" Daniel sat and chunked down a piece of pizza. "I had things to do" he added.

 

"How can you always be so busy. It's like we have to make appointments to meet up" Park Jihoon said and didn't leave his gaze from his phone he was scrolling through.

 

"You know the life of a college student guys. I hardly find time to shower now that midterms are about to start" Daniel said chunking down another piece.

 

"Oh please, don't start with your college and studying" Lee Daehwi groaned.

"You have such a boring life if studying is all that you are occupied with" he added.

 

Oh if you guys just knew. Daniel thought.

But then again it's better if you don't.

 

                           * * *

 

Jungkook slowly walked down the familiar path to his house, the streets he has been growing up.

 

He wanted to drag it as much as possible eventough he wanted to meet his brother even more.

 

He was in front of his house but didn't knock. He had his own keys.

So he slid the key and opened the door and the familiar scent of his home met his nose. No matter what, a home is still a home.

 

The house was quite but he could hear faint sounds from the kitchen. A low voice and then some soft laughters. It was his mother's laugh which he hadn't heard in a long time. He missed it. He missed her smile. Everything changed after his father had left. His mother became someone else. No smiles.

No laughters.

 

He was right next to the kitchen door.

„Son, I'm proud of you. I'm sorry I burdened you so much just because you are the oldest" He heard his mother's voice.

 

„No mom, this is what I ought to do."

 

Jungkook never looked up to his brother. His brother was the oldest but lacked in many things. He had quit school and committed to something he never should.

 

Their talk continued as Jungkook appeared infront of the door not being able to stay calm and quiet and more.

 

Both looked up from the table.

 

„Jungkook." his mother exclaimed.

She didn't get up to hug him, ask him where he had been and tell him that she had missed him.

 

„Hey brother" his brother smiled as he stood up and walked to him.

 

„Why are you here?" Jungkook ignored the handshake and looked at him.

 

His brother took his hand back and looked to their mother.

 

„Mom we'll be back in a bit."

 

                            * * *

 

Just like Baekhyun told there wasn't really much to see in the base.

 

There was a gun arsenal, a map room and two rooms with beds which where really neat and clean.

 

V stood infront of Yongkuks room.

Of course he didn't went in.

He knocked first.

 

No reply. He tried to opened it.

It was locked.

 

No problem, he tought. He put his hand into his pocket and took out a silver object. And in a matter of seconds the sesame was open.

 

There was nothing inside.

Well, nothing special like gold, diamonds or money. Just a bed, a desk and a closet.

 

He looked around a bit until he approached Youngkuk's bed.

He walked to the drawer and opened it.

 

There was a gun and a notebook.

But what caught his attention more was the edge of a little picture shown under them. He took it out.

 

And on that particular picture V got all his questions answered. All his suspicions confirmed.

 

"So his aim was a family reunion" V muttered surprised.

 

to be continued...