Chapter Five : I Demand Compensation!

The Time

 

"Soiled. They're....They're soiled and just l-laying on your floor and oh God I almost stepped on them!"
Kibum let out a dramatic sob, looking down at his sneaker clad foot in disgust. He had come so close- TOO close- to stepping on a pair of Black boxer-briefs. Which he, by the way, was totally not surprised the elder male wore; he just seemed the type. But thats beside the point here, he had almost stepped....in...Jonghyun's spunk. Spunk. SPUNK.
The thought made him flush, cheeks painted a deep pink and chest heaving with a huff. He would have rather not ever seen that. No matter how attractive someone is, it doesnt mean Kibum was willing to get involved with bodily fluids that he found particularly...private. 
"....Sorry?"
Snapping his head up, Kibum gave Jonghyun- who was still sprawled out in the hallway acting like his life was over- an incredulous look. Sorry? That would NOT cut it! 
"I almost stepped...in...o-on...you-....AISH I ALMOST STEPPED IN YOUR CUUUUUM!"
The last word trailed off into a loud whine of embarrassment, his hands coming up to cover his burning face. There was a whine from the floor not long after, followed by Minho letting loose eye-clenching, stomach-gripping, laughter. Minho had this weird thing where he was completely forgotten until he laughed or talked. This was no exception considering Kibum had not even noticed him entering the hallway. At the discovery of Minho being present Kibum didnt waste another second and flung himself at the taller, arms flying up to pull himself behind him.
"Sorry is NOT enough! I'm leaving, screw Jinki and Taemin and you and just.....just- ew."
There was a shortlived silence wherein Jonghyun sat up with the biggest kicked puppy expression Kibum had ever seen, Minho awkwardly unlatched Kibum's fingers from his biceps and Roo came loping out from the bedroom with a sheet of paper hanging from . She looked so pleased with herself, Kibum thought, why cant I just be a dog so I can be that clueless too?
Said shortlived silence was broken by Jonghyun squealing and diving for the paper as Roo scrambled off to the kitchen, half of the paper still in while the other half was being gaped at by a crest-fallen dinosaur look-a-like. Kibum mentally gave a victorious cry of joy as his innocence was revenged. Albeit by a dog. But hey, whatever worked; worked.
"M-My...."
"MY INNOCENCE."
Jonghyun looked up at Kibum with a deadpan expression, paper being clutched in his left hand while the other pointed to the kitchen. Kibum ignored it and pushed Minho aside (gently, mind you. he didnt want to hurt him.) no longer feeling like Jonghyun would somehow infect him with those damned boxer-briefs, and pointed to his own chest.
"You and you're underwear ruined my innocence! I demand compensation!"
Jonghyun's eyes widened as his jaw dropped along with the paper and his hand. Kibum stood tall and proud in the middle of the hallway, arms crossed over his chest and nose stuck in the air. He couldnt believe he was actually going to do what Jinki told him to do. He must have been insane, right?
Right.
 
Flashback
 
Walking back to the Hotel alone, in the dark, in the rain...gave Kibum some thinking time. His mind was reeling; he had just snuck out of the Hotel that was full of his classmates and teachers, embarrassed himself royally in front of the only females he had had the pleasure of so much as seeing, spent hours in a Bakery with two seemingly insane men- one of them looking like he belonged on a runway rather than in a kitchen and the other...well...he was just really freaking cute. Maybe he belonged, no wait he DID belong in one of those fancy commercials for cologne. Oh yes he did- and ultimately discovered he was attracted to the same somewhere along the way. Yeah, his mind was definitely reeling alright.
Was he supposed to just ignore the butterflies in his stomach? Or was he supposed to take notice and figure out a way to approach this Jonghyun guy, in more than just a friendly way? Could this be his summer romance trying to slap him upside the head to get his attention in a non-too conventional way? Why did every though lead to a question instead of an answer?
.....Or was there no real answer to any of his questions? Maybe they were neverending and he would have to spend the rest of his life wo-
"Hey you're back! Jeeze kid, you almost gave me a heart attack stayin' out so late in the rain like that! I thought you were just out getting medicine?"
Well .
Think fast, think fast!
"I got lost so I stopped in at a few places...But nobody really understood me so....Yeah it took a while."
The man behind the receptioist desk (Kibum really needed to learn his name later...) gave him a suspicious once over before his face lit up in what looked like recognicion.
"Hey you must have stopped by the Bakery down a few streets over, huh?"
For a second all Kibum could do was stand in the lobby frozen, wondering if the man had caught onto his plan of sneaking out without permission-....to what, hit on a Baker and his creepy-quiet side kick? Pfft.
"U-uh, what?"
The man chuckled and swatted his hand in a dismissing gesture, a smile planting itself on his considerably brighter face.
"The hoody your wearing, I always see that puppy wearing it when he brings my breakfast in the mornings. That kid has got the highest energy level I've ever seen but he's a good guy- but you would know that right?"
As if his night couldnt get any weirder the man gave him a very suggestive eyebrow wiggle, lips tugging up into a grin and oh God no.
"Yeaaaaah I'm just gonna go.....Just...Yeah...."
Blinking owlishly he turned and jogged his way up the stairs, waving as he heard an awfully loud, "Okay goodnight!".
He couldnt reach Jinki and Taemin's room fast enough.
The second he could reach the door he was pounding on it, earning a few curious peekers from behind cracked doors.
"WHAT-....Kibum is that you?!"
"Jinki open the door!"
There was shuffling from behind the door, a few clicks and a huff and the door was opened for Kibum to bound into the room.
"It happened, you guys."
Taemin raised an eyebrow from where he was lazing on a blanket on the floor, elbows propped up and chin resting on his balled fists- the kid was way too into his television, really.
"Uh, what 'happened'? Hey wait that's not what you wore out."
At the revelation Taemin was up and tugging on the hoody and jeans, eyes wide with curiosity and hands groping rather...innappropriately. Kibum swatted his hands away irritabely before plopping onto the bed and sighing.
"I....I met this person and I-"
This time it was Jinki who had both eyebrows meeting his hairline.
"Woah you....Kibum did you finally lose your ity?! And to an Italian girl holy , you lucky bastard!"
Kibum and Taemin shared a quick look.
"No, Jinki I didn't lose my ity. God, is that all you think about? Anyway I met....well, look don't freak out or anything ok?"
Taemin nodded, too excited to really be paying attention to that as Jinki hesitantly nodded, eyes narrowing. Kibum gulped.
"I met this guy at a Bakery who let me use his clothes and he tried to reach for a mug but he was too short and it was so cute and I said that outloud and he totally was hitting on me and at first it was weird. Like really weird. But then I dunno, I kind of started liking it and now I have to go back but I'm scared-"
"WOAH WOAH WOAH. KIBUM YOU-...HE-....But you're both men."
Kibum grimaced, not missing the saddened look on Taemin's face as he tried to hide how much that comment had bothered him by turning away.
"So...? I mean, sure I would have reacted that way- hell I still kind of am reacting that way to this. But...It's not that bad. It's not like I feel inferrior or whatever, I feel the same just...kind of...really, really giddy and nervous and happy and ugh he's ing up my emotions. What am I supposed to do?"
The three were silent as they each contemplated what should be said next. Taemin was the first to break the silence as he grabbed Kibum by the shoulders and smiled slyly.
"I kind of suspected you rolled that way. Since Middle School."
Kibum facepalmed.
"Taemin you aren't helping! What do I do when I go back tomorrow? Wait we have a tour tomorrow don't we?!"
Jinki nodded from where he stood, leaned against the wall looking all kinds of miserable.
"Yeah and I can't go if my fever doesn't break by Eleven....Look, just do what you want too Kibum. If you really feel like a giddy school girl- don't look at me like that, you're totally acting like one- than just go back and give...whatever this is a chance. It can't hurt. Unless you fall madly in love and then have to leave at the end of Summer-"
"JINKIIIIIII! Stop making me feel like for that even if it hasn't happened yet- or...might not even happen!"
Jinki shrugged as Taemin smiled softly this time, at Kibum.
"I'm actually really happy for you. But....Are you sure that what you're feeling isn't just a strong need for his friendship? Because trust me, I've been through that. It isn't fun....So just- just be careful alright?"
Kibum was shocked to say the least as he was then kicked out of the room by Taemin who was nagging at Jinjki to get back into bed or his fever would get worse- and hey wasn't nagging HIS job?!
 
End Flashback
 
Kibum heaved in a breath and looked at Jonghyun with sharp eyes, Roo chosing that exact moment to make her presence known to all by letting out a yip and barreling her way into Jonghyun's shins.
"Take me out to dinner tomorrow night."
 
A/N: OMG. WOW. DID KIBUM REALLY JUST DO THAT.
Yup xD
He totes did.
Why am I so excited.
L O L
 
So if you guys didnt notice this is actually the longest chapter in the fic so far O _ O and I was all worried I wouldnt have timke to update regularly tonight haha pfft. right. I only slammed this baby out in like 2 hours. my fingers want to keep typiiiing but they cant because they need sleep e . e
LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT UPDATE TOMORROW! 8D
P.S......I was gonna do comment responses again but it like ...takes up a chapter and it throws me off lolololol orz
also, you guys know how hard it is to find JongMinKey pics? no? well its really ing hard . - ."