Chapter Seven : There Is A Difference, You Know.

The Time

 

Sneaking Jonghyun into a Hotel proved to be a whole lot easier than either of them had originally thought. The second he had returned with a "bag of goodies *insert creepy grin*" Kibum had promptly grabbed his forearm and casually walked into the lobby like Jonghyun was just another student who had gone out to broaden their snack stash. They had made it halfway up the staircase successfully when the receptionist came out of the backroom looking a bit surprised. Expecting to be scolded, Kibum hung his head and Jonghyun turned around and started decending the stairs....But he paused when the man gave him a knowing look and pretended to be going through a box of...something, behind the counter. 
He glanced over to Kibum who was looking back at him wide eyed, completely frozen where he stood with a foot hovering over a step. Upon letting out a snort, they quickly took off up the stairs and flew around the corner only to stop and turn back because they had run in the wrong direction. They ran their way to the hallway Kibum's room was located on, laughing and whisper-yelling about how they had actually just made it past the lobby and poked their heads around the corner to check for Teachers or Students.
Once Kibum deemed the coast clear, he turned to Jonghyun.
"Ok, stay here. I have to get Dongho to stay somewhere else for a while."
Dongho? Who was that?
......"Who's Dongho?"
He gave Kibum his best 'Im innocent' look and was immediately given a slightly annoyed glance.
"My roommate."
Jonghyun nodded and set down his bag- which was full of movies and, of course, food- before huffing. Really he knew that of course Dongho was Kibum's roommate. He sighed as he watched Kibum jog down the hallway (he may or may not have been watching his the entire time) and disappear into a room. He looked down to his hands and tried to occupy himself for the short amount of time it took for a male to storm out of the room with an annoyed expression and a pillow. After he had let himself into a different room Kibum popped out of the doorway with a bright smile.
"Common, hurry up before you get cau-"
As if on cue an older man stumbled his way out of a room. Kibum slammed his door shut and Jonghyun flattened himself against the wall, eyes wide and hands clenched into small fists. Not ten seconds later he was watching a tall (intimidating) male walk sleepily by him to an ice machine. 
"Hey, lights out is in a few minutes, go back to your room."
Jonghyun nodded stiffly in response.
The second the mans back was turned, Jonghyun bent down and grabbed the bag, bolting to Kibum's room and knocking rather loudly in an adrenaline induced frenzy. He didnt quite undertsand how his body tricked him into feeling like it was life or death that he got into Kibum's room.
Kibum opened the door and dragged him into the room, trying not to laugh at the look of pure terror that Jonghyun's face was displaying.
"WHY are you so noisy?!"
Jonghyun gave him an odd look as his terror seemed to disappear before collapsing onto the floor in a dramatically huffing and puffing heap. It was hard running around like that- He vaguely wondered how the hell people did that in movies.
"Are you seriously that out of shape?"
Kibum closed the door before sending him a raised eyebrow as he walked over to the heap that was Kim Jonghyun and promptly nudged his cheek with his foot. He got a whine in return as Jonghyun lazily rolled onto his back and slid the bag toward Kibum.
"Good God your Teacher is freaking huge!"
Kibum, who had snuck over to take a peek in the bag, simply shrugged with a highly amused look on his face as he excitedly retracted his hand- taking a cookie along with it.
"He's not even Five Foot Nine, Jonghyun."
If that wasnt a good way to shoot down Jonghyun's pride then he didnt know what would; it was already laying on the floor in a puddle.
"Yah that's not the point! The point here, is that he's big and scary- and that's, that-"
"-Actually it should be that this floor is really disgusting and your on it."
Jonghyun grimaced for a few seconds before shrugging, unwilling to get up from his comfortable spot.
Kibum snickered and grabbed the first movie his hand landed on-
"What the ? Jonghyun, The Notebook?"
Jonghyun nodded from his spot on the floor, hands behind his head and eyes big. The Notebook was a Classic, sure it was stereotyped to be a sappy chick-flick romance, but it was a good movie considering. He wasnt shamed in the least as he promptly informed Kibum of his thoughts, which ended with Kibum popping in the DVD and attempting to drag him by the ankle to the bed with the bag in his other hand.
 
The room was dimly lit by the light provided from the tv. Kibum and Jonghyun pushed and fought over whos hand would get the biggest handful of popcorn as they intently watched the couple on the screen start to dance, alone, in the road in the middle of the night with absolutely no music. Jonghyun bit his lip and retracted his hand as an idea popped into his head. He turned to Kibum, grinning, and plucked the bowl of popcorn from his lap to set it on the floor. This was supposed to be a date, not two guys hanging out together, right?
"Come on, follow me real quick- Hey don't give me that look! Just pause the movie and we'll come back to it I promise!"
"Promise?"
He watched as Kibum pouted, pushed the pause button then grudgingly followed him as he left the room. The hallway was dimly lit, silent and a bit eery but Jonghyun continued to saunter down to the lobby with that stupidly happy grin oin his face. The receptionist was nowhere to be seen as they quietly made their way onto the sidewalk, both clad in sleep wear (Jonghyun had changed into his favorite sweats and A-Shirt). 
As Jonghyun came to a hault just before stepping off of the curb, Kibum looked at him hesitantly and lightly tugged his arm back . Jonghyun smiled over his shoulder reassuringly and took hold of his hand instead, which he found he rather enjoyed. Kibum had soft, warm hands that surprisingly covered his own by the sheer size of them. His grin softened a bit as he walked the both of them out to the middle of the road.
"You have nice hands you know."
Kibum looked up from where he had been looking at their hands, a light tinge of pink on his high cheekbones and a nervous glint in his eyes. Jonghyun shrugged, let go of Kibum's hand and layed down- Right in the middle of the road.
"Uh, what are you doing? This is a street, you c-"
Jonghyun lifted a hand to signal the younger to stop talking and folded the other behind his head. When Kibum just stood there, he lowered his hand and patted the street beside him, watching with amusement as Kibum's face showed the internal battle he was waging.
"Common, lay down."
Kibum shook his head.
"No....It's dirty..."
Jonghyun sighed, getting to his feet. Kibum was so...uptight. He never acted before he thought; it was the other way around and Jonghyun could only imagine how many things he had missed out on because of it. Jonghyun himself was like Kibum's oposite it seemed. He acted on impulse, did what he wanted without thinking of how it would make him look in the eyes of others....Just as long as it was something he wanted to do; he would do it. Kind of like how he really wanted to do what he was about to do.
"Fine, theeeeen...."
Feighing being in deep thought, Jonghyun tapped his chin with his pointer finger. Of course he had already had this planned out the second he remembered what was happening in the movie. Without saying another word he grabbed Kibum's hands and draped them over his shoulders, ignoring the shocked expression Kibum was shooting him. After Kibum seemed to catch onto what he was trying to do, he felt the hands clasp together and rest on the back of his neck, a smile tugging Kibum's lips up slightly.
"You want to dance like Noah and Allie? You are so cheesy Jonghyun."
"No, I'm just romantic. There is a difference, you know."
He, with no hesitance, dropped his own hands to rest on Kibum's waist- and immediately felt like they were tingling. He had been so right when he saw Kibum that day in the Bakery; all soaked and looking like a drowned kitten. His first thought had been about how that kid needed clothes pretty badly, the second being that said kid was actually kind of beautiful, and the third-....The third thought was one he would never admit outloud to ever thinking. He never believed in love at first sight, but this was different. He thought he'd fallen in love at first touch. It was like touching a livewire, like he was being pumped full of thousands of volts of electricity simply from touching Kibum's hand. If he knew love when he felt it, then this...this was a whole lot of love.
"You're right....But I declare that there is now a chessy romance. Sure, they might be different but this is just plain cheesy-"
Jonghyun let out a chuckled and rolled his eyes, tugging himself closer to Kibum so when he started dancing he wouldnt be more apt to step on his feet. Kibum went quiet for the longest period of time for the time Jonghyun had known him- which wasnt long but still the kid never shut up.
The air slowly started to get stiffling to Jonghyun, too quiet and empty. He glanced down at Kibum (who had somehow managed to dip his face to hide in Jonghyun's shoulder) with a smile and started humming the first song to pop into his head. 
Kibum pulled back slightly with an incredulous expression.
"Are you trying to reinact the entire movie? Huh?"
Jonghyun shrugged, continuing to hum as Kibum rolled his eyes- but his cheeks were bright red and his eyes had a sparkle to them that told Jonghyun just how much he was enjoying it. Truthfully he had expected the younger to react badly...He didnt seem to be the type to like being romanced. Pampered and loved; yes. But not romanced. 
Oh how he was wrong.
 
Kibum's POV
 
If it were up to him, he would never let Jonghyun stop humming in his ear, he would never let his hands seperate from his waist and he would definitely not let their feet stop moving. It was so strange being in the position he would put girls in; Jonghyun was holding him like he was made of glass....treating him like he was the only thing that mattered to him- not just at the moment, but all of the time. He liked it. He liked it a lot, actually. He could understand why girls always reacted the way they did, when men treated them this way. His cheeks were burning pleasantly, butterflies fluttering away in his stomach and-....well, he couldnt say fireworkrs were exploding behind his eyelids because he couldnt keep them off of Jonghyun. He couldnt say he was going all sentimental with soft smiles and such, because he was pretty sure he was grinning like an idiot. This was all new to him, it was like taking a step in a new direction in life. He was scared, excited, nervous, happy. But the emotion that seemed to plow over all of those at that moment just happened to be one that he couldnt quite describe.
He couldnt help but thank Jinki mentally for pushing him in the right direction, because this- what he was doing with whom he was doing it with, felt so, SO right.
"Hey Kibum?"
Kibum glanced up, expression questioning. Jonghyun's smile widened a bit before he leaned down and planted a peck on his cheek. 
Kibum's mind went completely blank.
"We should get back in,. I think we have a few uh....well, we kind of have an audiance."
Blank.
Jonghyun chuckled at him, pulling back but lacing their fingers together as he did- and Kibum felt like his entire life was nothing but fluffy things and marshmallow fluff, because he was getting more than just a summer romance. He was getting a ing fantasy, a fntasy-turned-real. Wasnt this, this entire...thing...date?...yeah, date, wasnt it what girls dreamed to have happen to them by a man who loved them?
He sighed as Jonghyun lead him back to the Hotels front doors, waving sheepishly to a few shop owners and people watching them from their windows. Apparently this was a rare occurance.
"Kibum?"
"Hm?"
"Uh, I should get...You know get going...."
"BUT THE MOVIE!"
Jonghyun jumped slightly and Kibum cringed at his own loudness, before he rubbed the back of his neck and squeezed the hand in his.
"I mean, the movie isnt over and I dont want you to go yet..."
Jonghyun looked at him with an odd expression on his face but nodded none the less.
Was it bad that Kibum didnt want that date to end? Ever? Even if it wasnt dinner at a fancy restaurant or a walk on the beach? 
He smiled to himself and walked into the Hotel behind Jonghyun, feeling all kinds of crazy (amazing) emotions battling each other to be presented in their full.
"I like a guy."
"....Well, yeah, I mean thats obvious Kibum."
Oh he really needed to learn to keep his mind and mouth on seperate wavelengths.
 
A/N: OMG so The Notebook is legit my favorite movie (ive always wanted to just do that with a girl orz i kind of tend to put my own fantasies into my fic I guess ahahahahaha) and my best friend reacted the same way Jonghyun did when my brother asked him why the he wanted to watch that xDD
BUT. AFF has been flipping out as you all know so I didnt get to update until now ; A ; 
Forgive me for my choppy writing lately...idk wtf is up with that, really . - . I need to find out why Im writing like that *headdesks* Also there will be OnTae and slight  OnHo. (possibly past!JOngHo not too sure yet orz)
Also gonna shamelessly ask you guys to click here to vote for SHINee on Mnet's 20s choice. So far SHINee is in Second place and Im like sobbing here guys ; A ; So please make an account  it takes seriously like 2  minutes! Come on SHAWOL'S UNITE! *fist pumps*