Chapter Nine : Yes Dear

The Time

 

The first time Kibum was awoken, was by the sound of the rooms heater kicking on. It scared him less and made him jump up into a sitting position, his eyes popping open wide for a few seconds before drooping tiredly. He glanced over to his side and there Jonghyun was, sound asleep, looking all kinds of adorable. Kibum let out a yawn and quickly glared at the heater before settling back down and gently pulling the older back into his arms.
The second time he was awoken, went completely different.
Kibum was kicked awake.
What a lovely way to wake up.
A foot jabbed into his shin, an elbow was embedded into his gut and then his hearing cleared (was his head smushed under a pillow?) at the sound of a vaguely familiar voice...Speaking Italian?
"Buon...Giorno...Am-....Eh?"
Kibum sat up quickly, his eyes still more closed then open and his muscles aching in a way that told him he'd slept in an odd position his body wasn't used too. He blinked a few times to clear his vision and then he reached over to the small bedside table for the glasses that he realized were still in Jonghyun's bathroom. He huffed in annoyance as that voice reached his ears again.
"Um, wait what? Who the heck are you? Why are you not speaking Italian?! HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUM-....WHERE AM I?!"
Oh God why was his roommate so ing noisy? Blindly slapping his hand behind himself (and succeeding on smacking a thigh with...a lot of force), Kibum proceeded to complain loudly in hopes that it would a.) bother Dongho, or b.) ......really bother Dongho.
"Oh my God Dongho shut the up and go back to sleep already! When did you even learn Italian anyway? You know what never mind-"
An offended squeal interrupted him, just before he was about to start really cussing. He felt his eyes pop open when he remembered exactly who was in the bed with him, what had happened the night before, and who was probably on the phone with a slightly hysterical-disoriented-confused Jonghyun.
His Mother.
Without a second thought he slapped a hand over Jonghyun's mouth and grabbed the phone, slamming it against the side of his face (why was it so dark? He couldn't even see his own hands, damn it).
"MOM, MOM CALM DOWN IT'S JUST JONGHYUN HE'S COOL IT'S OKAY JUST CALM DOWN I SWEAR HE DIDN'T, LIKE, BREAK INTO MY HOTEL ROOM OKAY?!"
Silence.
Jonghyun somehow had ended up half laying on his lap,  half hanging off the side of the bed with Kibum's hand still over his mouth, and his eyebrows were practically halfway up his forehead. Kibum couldn't deny that it was kind of...actually really cute and he couldn't deny that he really wanted to move his hand and kiss him but that was definitely the wrong moment seeing as he had his Mother on the phone.
"Mum. You're too quiet. Say something?"
Why wasn't she like flipping out? He pictured his Mother to flip out and yell and have a ing heart attack if some strange Italian man answered her sons hotel room phone. Once she had even flipped when Jinki answered his cell and his Mother had actually cussed him out and accused him of mugging her baby boy.
"Kibummie..."
Oh God why did her voice sound so guarded? He could just see her face now; her eyes narrowed and her eyebrows furrowed while she bit at her lip nervously. Probably standing in the kitchen with the wireless phone getting ready for work. Maybe on her way out the door. Either way it didn't matter, she was freaked out and he wasn't there to calm her down and reassure her that he was one hundred percent A-Okay.
Which was bad.
Very, very bad.
"Mom look I'm perfectly fine alright? I swear on my life that I'm not hurt or sick or being mugged. I'm fine and the guy that just answered the phone was just my roommate."
Jonghyun gave an indignant snort at that, sending Kibum a glare over his hand. Kibum just shrugged and gave him pleading eyes, because seriously his Mother could flip out and sometimes it got bad...He needed Jonghyun to understand just how important it was that he didn't give his Mother a reason to get anxious.
Which was kind of already happening.
"....Mum?"
Silence.
'click'
Kibum could have sworn he felt his heart jump up into his throat before it bombed its way down to his stomach.  
"Oh , no no no-"
He scrambled to call his Mother back, and failed epically when he started yelling at the receptionist thinking it was his Mother (even though he hadn't even gotten time to dial any numbers after hitting '1'...) about how Jonghyun really was his roommate and he had been taking Italian lessons and she had no reason to get all worked up. To say the least; the receptionist just kind of stayed on the phone until Kibum was out of breathe before he told him that he could of gotten in so much trouble for having a non-student in his hotel room....Had it not been for the fact that he knew Jonghyun and wouldn't rat them out because (and this is where Kibum blushed furiously, choked on his own saliva and then slammed the phone back onto the jack) and I quote, "Jonghyun deserved a real good lay. CONGRATS BUDDY!"
That old man was so freaking creepy.
The two of them sat in silence for a few minutes, Jonghyun fiddling with the blanket awkwardly while Kibum tried to run a few ideas through his head about how the hell he was supposed to explain Jonghyun to his Mother without saying "oh by the way, your only son is gay for a man he literally just met the other day. Hope you can accept the fact that you won't be having those oh-so-precious Grandbabies you've always hinted towards wanting!" Unless of course....wait, this was just a fling, a romance that won't even make it past this Hotel room- the airport if he was lucky. Why was he thinking so far into a future that isn't even a possibility? He could still settle down with a nice, respectable girl and have kids and a great job. They could visit his Mother on holiday's and she could babysit and be the favorite Grandma who hid candy around the house and had a never-ending supply of soda and sweets. But he could picture a future with Jonghyun just as clearly (if not more) because...Jonghyun was the person in bed with him, Jonghyun was the person who made his heart clench in the most pleasurable ways and Jonghyun was definitely the person he had just kissed the night before. There was no girl who would leave out dirty boxers for him to freak out about (ew, ew, ew), there was no girl who would treat him like he was so fragile that one touch could break him. At least that's what he had observed....Sure he didn't particularly enjoy dirty boxers and such but cuddling in bed and watching cheesy American love stories and feeling so goddamn loved that it physically hurt? Those things made up for nasty boxers and loud, obnoxious remarks. Heck it even made up for Minho's creepiness. A future filled up to the brim with love and laughter and good times was one he really wanted. He was sure a future with a girl would be enjoyable too but he could just see one with Jonghyun so clearly. He had a face to picture waking up too and a voice to picture saying "'Morning, love~" and it made everything all the more easier. But there was always that other side, the one where he had to face the fact that he would go home and leave Jonghyun here...That made it harder. 
He didn't even want to think about that. Not now, not ever, and so he decided that would come back up when the time came for it to be discussed which he irrationally hoped would be never.
"That was my Mom...You totally freaked her out, I bet."
Jonghyun silently nodded his head in apology, biting his bottom lip and keeping his eyes on his hands. 
He looked like a child that had done something wrong, but they had no idea what.
Kibum sighed, and then smiled big before he pouted out his lips and wrapped his arms around the guilty-looking puppies shoulders in a kneeling back-hug.
"Ppoppo?"
He dropped his cheek onto Jonghyun's shoulder and gave an eye-smile when he noticed the corner of the others lips curl upwards into a small, adorable smile. A quick peck had his nose wrinkling and his eyes squinting as he tried (and failed) to hold back a giddy squeal.
"Aaaah why are you so cuuuuute?!"
With yet another squeal, this time one of surprise, Kibum was flopped onto his back on the bed as Jonghyun laid down and playfully poked at his sides with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"So, I slept here last night. Aaaaand you kissed me last night. Aaaaaaaaand we had our first date last night."
Kibum, now emitting little squeaks of giggles, grabbed at Jonghyun's hands and laced their fingers together so he would quit tickling and poking him long enough for him to actually form coherent words. He nodded his head, tugged on their hands until Jonghyun was practically laying all of his weight on top of him and then flung their arms out to the sides. It would have looked rather odd for another person to see, Kibum thought. But it's comfy and I like it, so yeah. Weird or not I'm staying like this.
"You know what that means....Right?"
Kibum nodded yet again, feeling his entire torso fill with fluttering wings, and leaned up to bump his nose against Jonghyun's with a faux serious expression.
"Yes, yes I do Mr. Kim. I may now call you my official Boyfriend."
The smile he received in return was one that simultaneously had his heart melting in his chest, the air in his lungs whooshing out in a slow content sigh and his limbs feeling like jelly.
 
 
 
Lee Jinki, much to Lee Taemin's amusement, was a very heavy sleeper. He didn't wake up when there were squeals and giggles and God knows what other overly-cutesy noises came from the room next to theirs. He didn't wake up when Taemin got bored and used a string from his pillow to tickle under his nose in hopes that it would finally wake him up. He didn't wake up when Taemin got out of bed and squatted next o where he was sound asleep, one arm resting awkwardly above his head and the covers pulled up high enough to just barely reveal the top half of his face.
"Hyuuuuung."
Nothing.
"Jinki."
Nothing.
"Jinki...HYUNG! GACHA! HUUUUHAH!"
Jinki stirred, rolled onto his stomach and sighed. Still very much so asleep.
Taemin pouted.
"Jinkiiiiii ....I really, really like you, you know? Why are you so damn nice and happy and sweet all the time. It disgusts me how much it makes me like you."
Once again, there was nothing but a light snore in response as Jinki pushed his face into the mattress. Taemin let out a heavy sigh before he stood up and quietly pulled on his shoes. Why was his taste in guys so...Unfair? He liked Kibum way back in Middle School, I mean who wouldn't at one point? He was ing gorgeous  he always knew what to say or do, he was amazing in the kitchen, and Taemin, as unamused he was to admit something like this in his mind now...had even gotten it in his mind that Kibum would be fantastic in bed. But he learned early on that Kibum was in denial about being full-on gay (Taemin's gaydar went ing hysterical when he first set eyes on him) and he indeed didn't feel that way, it was more like an older brother-younger brother kind of relationship. It took a while to get over him, but of course, along came Lee Jinki with his megawatt smiles and his gentle touches and his stupidly adorable laugh and Taemin was head over heels. Kibum was, to Taemin, nothing in comparison to Jinki. It was like finding his other half or some cheesy like that, and he felt like he more than just wanted this guy in his life; he really, really needed him.
You can only guess what happened with that, right? Yup, another straight guy who wanted to play video games on the weekends and talk about which girl had the bigger chest and it absolutely crushed him every time Jinki would act like a normal guy friend around him. For Two years he wondered why he liked guys who wouldn't return his feelings because of a ual orientation barrier. And after Two years of putting up with unrequited love, he gave up. He just...Stopped talking to Jinki in hopes that he would get the hint that he was done with him.
Fast forward a few years and here he is, stuck in a hotel room in Italy with the man he never really could get over,  and he wanted nothing more than to get the hell out. 
So he did; he grabbed his sweatshirt and left the room. He wasn't sure where he was off too quite yet but he would find out when he got there. He just needed to be away- away from Jinki and away from Kibum and away from his feelings that he knew wouldn't exactly be left behind in the room.
He took the stairs two at a time and then speed walked through the lobby when he noticed one of his Teacher's was talking to the receptionist, before he was out in the chilly morning air of Italy. 
Which he noticed immediately and tugged on his sweatshirt-
"What the ?"
...Jinki's sweatshirt.
Which had a pack of cigarettes in the front pocket.
Holy , Kibum would have a ing field day with this.
 
 
Minho was a morning person.
He liked to wake up early and go for a jog, open up the bakery early, and then make the loudest clattering noises he could in the kitchen to wake up his ever-sleepy Hyung who's bedroom just so happened to be directly above the kitchen. But this morning was different right from the start; he opened his eyes to a large, murky brown pair of puppy eyes and a cold, wet nose nudging into his cheek. He didn't like dogs for a reason. Roo was no exception; although he had to admit she was pretty cute. When she wasn't being an absolute nightmare that is. He loved his Hyung enough to close up the bakery, lock his apartment door and even babysit his Noona's puppy (which he knew Jonghyun hadn't asked him to do, but would highly appreciate when he came back to a clean apartment-...Well, semi clean apartment.) which was a feat for him. He wasn't a bad guy, he just didn't particularly like screwing up his daily routine like this.
From waking up too Roo on him, too eating breakfast with Roo climbing on his leg and whining for scraps, too being forced to take her along for his jog where she innocently decided to piddle on another joggers brand new running shoes, Minho decided that being a nice guy and watching out for his Hyung was overrated.
To be honest, now that he thought about it (he had time to think now that he was headed back to the bakery with Roo happily bounding along side him) he hadn't really done it for Jonghyun as much as he'd done it for Jonghyun's Noona, Songdam. She was a sweet, gentle care-free kind of girl with a hint of spunk that nearly had Minho wanting to shove Jonghyun aside and just beg her to marry him or something. But this Noona in particular was one who was...Not quite a Father's Girl but a Protective Little Brother's girl. It scared him less just thinking about how said protective brother had reacted to her past boyfriends. He didn't even want to think about how he would have reacted if his best friend had locked up his apartment with a whining and whimpering Roo left all alone for the night.
He would ing kill Minho for letting his Noona's baby suffer like that.
Yeah he definitely did this to spare Songdam Noona any suffering...And he definitely didn't do it to save his own neck from the wringing Jonghyun would have dished out.
"Oh, Minho-yah?"
Minho stumbled, surprised as Roo practically launched herself forward on her tiny little legs, and let out a few incomprehensible sounds as he was pulled by an embarrassingly tiny dog over to the side of the bakery where the back entrance to Jonghyun's apartment was located.
And standing there was none other than Songdam, looking just as adorably tiny as she usually did- petiteness definitely ran in the family- in her usual Brown scarf and Black rimmed glasses with a smile on her face as Roo propelled herself into her now-squatting owners arms and proceeded to cover her entire face in sloppy doggy kisses.
"Yah, yah Roo stop trying to shove your tongue up my nose!"
Minho raised an eyebrow and decided it was past his usual time for opening and quickly unlocked, opened and then held-open the bakery door for the woman who was cooing at an exceedingly happy puppy in her arms. He smiled as she walked by him, letting the door fall shut behind him when she offered a quick grin before her attention was back on her baby. 
"So where's my baby brother? Is he still sleeping? I knew I should have brought that blow horn Oppa let me borrow."
Minho snorted from behind the counter, his eyes glancing up to at least be a little bit more respectable as they conversed.
"Nah he had a date last night. Said he wasn't coming back, so I closed up and took Roo home-"
"OMO YOU HAD A SLEEPOVER WITH MINHO-YAH?! AAAAAH HOW CUTE!"
....Why did he have to like his best friends older sister? They were way too much alike. It was actually starting to freak him out.
"She also ate half of my breakfast, emptied more than half of my wallet to a complete stranger for a new pair of running shoes and then bit a hole through my pant leg when I wasn't paying her enough attention. And I'm pretty sure she just dislocated my shoulder."
Jonghyun so owed him.
 
 
'beep'
Jonghyun froze, pouting as he leaned over to the side of the bed and pulled his phone from his pants pocket.
 
From: Choi Boii
 
Noona took Roo home u owe me BIG time and im opening now so get your lazy back here before i find out where u are and i drag you back or not :)
 
Kibum didn't pay him any mind, laying flat on his stomach and popping pieces of a broken cookie into his mouth that they hadn't finished the night before as he watched the television intently  Jonghyun was convinced that they were made for each other; they cuddled and goofed off and then ended up watching yet another movie as they cuddled again in a...Well, a rather intimate  Was that the right word? Position. Kibum's body was a very comfortable mattress, his shoulder made a perfect, yet bony pillow and his hands were perfect for feeding cookie bits apparently. 
He didn't want to leave.
....Screw work. He could miss just one day right? yeah, Minho would cover for him it's not like the place is ever that busy anyway.
Oh who is he kidding Minho would kill him.
"Hey Kibum...I have to go, I kind of forgot I have to work today..."
He felt Kibum's back tense under his chest and felt his lips pull into a frown.
"Oh, okay. So...You'll be like, back, right?"
Jonghyun grinned dropped his phone, stretching his torso along Kibum's back and held onto his hands. Kibum let out a huff of laughter and stuck their arms out in front of them.
"Superman and....Super...Puppy?"
"BAH! NONSENSE."
Kibum's answering chuckle sent a wave of happiness through Jonghyun's veins and he leaned down to press a quick kiss to his temple before he sluggishly got up and started to gather his things. Kibum just watched from the bed, pouting and being generally adorable in hopes that he could convince his boyfriend to stay and skip work.
It didn't work. Jonghyun had his clothes changed and his bag of movies inhand as he squatted at the end of the bed so he was eye level with a brooding Kibum.
"Yah at least give me a kiss goodbye, you pouting little brat."
He watched Kibum's eyes narrow before two hands pulled him by the collar of his shirt so he was leaning his chest onto the bed.
"Byyyyyye. Have fun at work and make sure to eat and be clean and not  leave out your uckie boxer briefs~"
Chuckling between quick, repetitive pecks, Jonghyun squished Kibum's cheeks together and watched in amusement as his...Adorable...boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriiiiiend, tried to look pissed off.
"Yes dear, I'll make sure to clean my room and eat enough sweets to get fat and tell Minho not to hit on my wi-"
He was cut off, mid sentence, by Kibum wiggling his face out of his hands and then giving him a long, slightly rough kiss. 
"Yah, who said I would be the wife huh?"
There was an awkward silence after that comment.
"Um. What?"
"Nothing, huh?"
......"Okay, I gotta go...Bye Kibummie, I'll definitely be back or I'll call you or I can just come back again tonight and-"
"God, just go before Minho bites my head off for keeping you here!"
With an unamused huff Jonghyun made a face and pecked Kibum one last time before heading for the door- a rather unexpected grab was added to the mix, not that he was complaining but it took him so off guard that he let out a high pitched scream and blushed bright red.
Kibum roared with laughter even after Jonghyun left him alone in the room to clean up the wrappers from the previous nights date.
 
 
A/N: omg sobbing you guys I love all of the comments and subs but for some reason I cant reply! D;
its killing me cause i wanna interact with you guys and whatnot ; n ;
but anywho, this chapter is unbetad cause im a lazy and theres probably a billion kajillion grammar and spelling mistakes lolololol
so whats up with Kibum's Mum? Jinki and his cancer sticks? Minho and his crush on Songdam Noona? Kibum and Jonghyun's new relationship role dilemma? :o