Chapter Two : You Don't Have To Speak Italian, Man.

The Time

 

On the Second day of nothing but watching static-y television, naps and rain Kibum was about ready to kill someone. Or sneak out with Jinki.
Which, in a way was a stupid thing to do considering Jinki was very much still feeling under the weather. Hence why Kibum found himself hiding behind a decorative plant in not-so weather appropriate clothing (he hadnt thought of bringing a raincoat...or boots.) trying to hide from the man lazing around behind the receptionist desk. He was really just waiting for him to fall asleep or turn to the back room; There was no chance that the man would pass up the chance to get something interesting going on, even if it meant tattling on a student probably half his age. He looked bored out of his mind, and then some. Kibum huffed quietly, puffing his cheeks and narrowing his eyes as he impatiently waited, wanting nothing more than to just get up and walk out without causing a fuss. So he did.
About half way to freedom theman raised an eyebrow and stopped him and Kibum couldnt help the whine that pushed out of his mouth.
"hey hey hey, you cant be leaving without that teacher of yours."
"Yeah, he sent me out to grab some medicine for that one guy whos been sick since we got here, so..."
It almost scared him how well he could lie straight to someones face, but as he got a hasty nod and a "oh then, go on. The closest place shouldnt be too far from here. Just be careful." he was grateful for it. As he took his first step out into the street he almost wanted to stop and just stand there for a while. Rain or not, in daylight this place was beautiful...He vaguely wondered why he had thought otherwise when they had arrived. The first place that caught his attention was a small shop that was across the street and down a few businesses, it had two large storefront windows full of blown glass figures of all colors- it was whimsical. He was, of course, immediately drawn to it the closer he got. His feet were starting to get wet through his high tops and socks but he was far too awed to care in the least as he entered, the bell on top of the door jinggling and a few heads turning in his direction. He gave a slight bow of his head in aknowledgement to the girl behind the register, his eyes moving to look at everything the store had to offer. There was just about anything he thought he could possibly be looking for; Jewlery, clothing, soap, perfumes and colognes, cards, heck there was even pottery. But it was all made up of so many different colors and textures that it was almost enough to make him short of breath in pure awe. 
The first thing he did after collecting himself (it totally had nothing to do with the Two female employees giggling at him) was to look through the scarfs. His hand landed on a Red one, it was silky and pretty but as he pulled his hand away he knocked over a display of hand knit mittens- gaining himself louder giggles from the girls and a few stern eyes from other customers. He shrank back with pink tinted cheeks and quickly picked up the mittens that had fallen on the floor and all over the display table, ignoring the sudden urge to get the heck out of there because oh God that was so embarrassing! And in front of girls too.
He didnt think twice before he was walking back out into the rain with a shy goodbye that got reactions worthy of the crimson color his cheeks had decided to display. Apparently speaking English to Italian girls made them squeal their lungs out.
 
By the time he had reached the end of the street he was able to calm his flaming cheeks and embarrassment. He was already wondering if it was such a good idea to be leaving the street, knowing h e could easily get lost in such an unfamiliar place- But all it took was a single glance around to change his mind. It was like he was about to walk into one of the paintings his Mother had hanging in the living room; there was a quaint little Cafe, what looked like a Bakery and even a Book Store that looked like a place he would die and go to heaven in. Despite the rain there was even people scrambling around under umbrellas, it was like the scenes from those romantic movies, the ones where the Two main characters bump into each other and somehow end up sharing an umbrella and its love at first sight. He was up for a summer romance if a pretty girl bumped into him and knocked him over, asking to share her umbrella because he obviously was not prepared for the rain and biting cold temperature. Oh yes, he would so be up for that- and oh wow his Mother was starting to rub off on him.
Shaking his head Kibum pushed his rain drenched bangs out of his eyes and decided he could probably use something (anything) warm to drink. He ran for the Cafe, whinning as he tried to open a locked door, before he made a run for the Bakery which he had much more luck with. The second he opened the door his senses were in heaven; it smelt loike fresh bread and something sewwt but not overpoweringly so. He closed his eyes as the door shut behind him with a clang, lifting his nose in the air and taking a good whiff before sighing out an exhale. It smelt like his Grandma's kitchen used too. He subconsiously smiled as he opened his eyes, shaking off what rain he could from his torso and hair before walking up to look at the chalk-written menu above a glass display case of sweets.
"Buongiorno."
Kibum glanced down from the menu, head tilted as his eyes landed on a male with large- WAIT HE COULD BE KOREAN!
"A-ah, no...I dont speak Italian..."
The male tilted his head, a crooked smile forming on his lips as he let out an amused chuckle and leaned over the counter on his elbows, getting all up in Kibum's personal space without a care in the world. Kibum kind of wanted to shove him away for being so rude but the other just kept leaning closer even as Kibum backed away.
"You dont have to speak Italian, man. I can read your body language-"
Kibum blinked owlishly at the other before dropping his jaw as a wink was in his direction.
"Uh, are you seriously hitting on me right now?!"
The other male rolled his eyes to the ceiling in thought before flicking back to Kibum's face.
"Uh, do you want me too?"
"NO!"
"Theeeeen, no Im not. How can I help you, cutie?"
Dumbfounded was the only word Kibum could think of that would poperly describe how he felt at that moment. A guy was hitting on him, blatantly, and then denying it even as he was making rather crude expressions and hand gestures as he tried to figure out what the heck Kibum had been pointing to on the menu. This didnt happen to Kibum- this being hit on by men. Especially rude ones like the-....ok he kind of had cool hair but that was about all he had as far as compliments went. It was a gradiant chocolate brown in the back that faded to almost platinum as it reached just above his eyes in a side swept bang. Come to think of it the male himself reminded Kibum of an anime character; he was petite with large round eyes that sparkled slightly, a dark tanned complexion and pink lips that were just the right mix of soft and a bit chapped- almost like he had been biting them frequently- AND OH GOD WHY WAS HE EVEN DOING THIS.
"So you want the Am-"
"OH FOR GODS SAKE JUST GIVE ME A COFFEE!"
Kibum sulked his way over to a table and sat down, grimacing at the way his wet clothes clung to his body and sent a chill down his spine despite the warm temperature of the room.
"okey dokey...then..."
Kibum only watched after the blonde turned his back to yell something he didnt understand into the back of the kitchen, only then realizing how short he was. He held in a chuckle as his discovery was further proven when the other had to jump a few times to reach a mug from a high shelf which he failed in doing-
"Pffftha-"
The male whipped his head around, eyes narrowed and targeting Kibum who had his hands clamped over his mouth with smiling eyes peeking over his fingers. It was hard not to laugh, really. It was like watching a chihuahua trying to jump up its owners leg to get to a toy; entertaining, amusing, cute even. Especially the way his apron would tug down and his shirt would ride up the slightest bit as he stretched his torso in an attempt to reach the mug.
"Thats so cute."
Kibum froze in his spot, eyes widening as he realized that holy it was HIM that had just said his thought out loud.
The male glanced over at him from over his shoulder, that crooked smile in place and a glint in those eyes that really made Kibum want to hide for the rest of his life-...because it made his stomach twist and knot without his permission in ways he was all to familiar with.
He was actually attracted to this guy. A GUY. Even if it was just the slightest of attractions, it was still there and making itself known. All Kibum could do was shoot out of his seat and make a run for the Hotel.
 
A/N: W00T! finally got over that damned writers block! 8D so the little 'Buongiorno.'  used is Hello in Italian (feel free to correct if its wrong because I got it off of Google OTL) Im going to try to keep to an updating schedule, either everyday updates or every other day updates. sound good?