Chapter 14

We were meant for each other

Chapter 14

 

After his words had processed through, you looked up and saw that Kikwang had been trying to get your attention. You gave him a small smile. "What happened? Jay seems really upset..." he worriedly asked.

".. I don't know.. Don't worry about it. All is good." Of course you lied. But at that moment you really didn't want to talk about the situation. Your excuse was probably the most obvious, but really, you didn't know either. Kikwang saw the hurt in you eyes and decided to change the topic. "Come on! We have lunch to get to!" And with that, the conversation was dismissed. 

While having lunch with Kikwang downstairs at the cafeteria, your mind constantly drifted off to Jay's words. Why did he say that? And what does he mean? Why was he angry..

Kikwang would look at you and notice your mind was else where. He just didn't know what to say to make you feel better. After lunch was done Kikwang had another schedule to attend. After your goodbyes you went up to the studio again. You had remembered Chacha wanted to talked to you about a new project. You were once again, sitting alone, thinking about everything. The good, the bad, the hurt and the unanswered questions.

After a while Chacha came through the studio door, "hey Jane!"

You smiled and walked towards him to give him a hug, "it's great to see you Chacha!" 

"Okay! So I have something to tell you.." You nodded, waiting for what he was going to say.

"Well you see, umm.. Jay is releasing a new single, just a single, he will promote it though. Our boss wants you to participate in it."  he paused and then continued, "is that okay?"

After a short silence, you smiled, "of course." Chacha looked at you, giving the look asking for reaasurance.

"Chase, its all good. I'm fine with it," you insisted.

"Awesome, umm.. Jay will be here within the next hour."

You just gave him a small smile and nod. Chacha and you walked over to the sofa and sat down. You both had to wait for Jay to arrive before you started on anything. It was the planning stages. You and Chacha had your usual conversations; music and life in general.

"Are you okay?" Chacha asked, noticing you zoning out.

"Yeah, but I'm hella sleepy!" You really were.

Chacha laughed, "you slept late again didn't you?" 

"Yeah..."

Chacha began playing on his phone. Every now and then, you'd hear a "YES YES!" "NOOOO" and then, "stupid game.." You giggled at his impatience and annoyance towards whatever game he was playing. You looked up at the studio clock and notice there was still more than 30minutes before Jay would arrive. "Chacha, if its all good, I'm going to take a 20 minute nap. Can you wake me up if I don't?" Chacha just nodded his head in agreement followed by a, "WHAT!? This is ridiculous, who on earth invented this game?!!" You laughed and then placed one of the cushions on the left side of the sofa, opposite Chacha. You lied down with your legs brought towards your chest. Quickly, you took your phone and set an alarm that would ring in 20 minutes. Soon after, you fell into a sleep. 

Chacha was still trying to pass this game level on his phone, even though he had numerously said he hated the game. When he would realise his shouting was too loud he would looked down at you and laughed because you still hadn't woken up from his loud noises. Your alarm started ringing which caught Chacha's attention. He watched if you'd wake up and like he guessed, you didn't. He decided to turn off the alarm, allowing you to sleep some more. He patted your head and frowned, "oh Jane, you must be so tired these days."

Chacha continued on with the game and eventually heard the studio door open. He closed the game and looked up to see Jay waking in. Jay looked up to Chacha and then waved, "Hey bro!"

Chacha returned a smile, "Hey!" He then notice Jay look down at you. 

"She been hella tired these days man, my poor sister," Chacha noticed Jay didn't really respond to what he said. Jay just looked at you for a bit, then switched his gaze away and continued to place his things down on the table. Chacha tried to read what Jay was thinking, but he couldn't. It was like a whole lot of things were just running in and out of Jay's mind. Chacha walked across to Jay, he placed his hand on Jay's left shoulder to get his attention and asked, "are you okay?"

Jay looked up, smiled and nodded, "I'm fine."

Chacha shook his head while walking back to the sofa whispering, "why has everyone been saying 'fine' a lot.." He sat back on the sofa and started calling you to wake up. 

Jay was deciding on what to do. "Chase, don't worry about wakin--" Jay stopped because he notice you began waking up.

You looked up to see Chacha calling you to wake up. Everything processed through and you quickly sat up and looked at your phone, "OMG, I over slept!-- what happened to waking me!?" You notice Jay's presence in the corner of your eye. You looked over to him and quickly stood up. You awkwardly greeted him, "Hi.. umm sorry."

Jay just blankly looked at you, "its fine."

His look made you feel uncomfortable. His previous statement once again filled your mind. Why did he seem so angry at you. You forced yourself to pay attention since this was work.

"Guys, sorry but I have a question, is it me or have yall been hearing the word 'fine' a lot today too?" Chacha asked. Seeing as both you and Jay didn't understand what he was saying, he kept quite and laughed at himself.

"Anyway! Okay, so the three of us will prepare for this new single for Jay. We haven't set a release date yet, lets just finish everything perfectly and then set the date," Chacha began. "Jay, have you got any ideas on the concept you want to go with this time round?" Chacha asked. You looked over to Jay. 

"Actually, yes I do. Since I've been doing a lot of upbeat songs I think I want to try going with a more mellow one.. It'll be something different for the public," Jay responded.

"Like real mellow? Hella depressing one?" Chacha questioned.

Jay laughed, "well, not hella, but yes, something like that.. meaningful"

"And do you have a topic in mind?" 

Jay thought about this question, "Yeah, I do. You know, maybe like a break up or something."

It clicked, Chacha had a feeling Jay would eventually want to write a song about the breakup between Jay and Jane. He decided he'd asked Jay when you weren't there just to make sure. But he was pretty sure he was correct. I just hope everything goes smoothly..

 

A/N:

Hello! =D

Before I start, let me apologies for the long absence. I am well aware that I stated I would update sooner. I am sorry!

Nethertheless, here it is =)

How are you all? I hope you have been well! It's been such a long time hasn't it?!

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing. Thank you for your endless support. I really do appreciate it =)