Chapter 13

We were meant for each other

NOTE: Changes will be made with regards to the 'name' of the female lead; you. I will no longer address you as '_______' and will call you Jane. I decided to do this because I felt like it was less awkward =) I don't know why I used that techinique in the first place xD

Chapter 13

You were woken by a calm melody playing. Slowly, you squinted your eyes to your surrounding and eventually realised you were in Jay's bed. You never got out of bed as fast as you did just now. After quickly fixing yourself you walked out of his room. The calm melody was still playing, but Jay's voice combined. You stood there for what seemed forever just listening to the soothing track. It was new, something his working on for the next album maybe. You began thinking of where you woke up this morning and realised the dream you had was indeed reality. You glanced over at the sofa and noticed how the blankets weren't the way you left last night and it mean he had slept there. It made you feel that he still cared for you and a small smile appeared on your lips. Falling back to reality, you were just about to knock on his studio room before you turned back, resorting to a note.

Jay,

Thanks for letting me stay the night. Hope you're feeling better.

Jane.

With that, you walked to his kitchen and looked around; spotless clean. A sorry swarmed in as you knew he hardly ever ate cooked meals. You found yourself tracking back down memory lane. You used to cook for him whenever you were over and you both would just relax and watch a movie; enjoying each other's company.. A smile naturally formed on your lips but reality took over eventually. And that's when you see yourself preparing him a small meal and leaving the note beside it. Immediately, you left his apartment.

"What?!" Chacha was surprised. Yes, he interrogated you immediately as you stepped foot into the studio room.

"Yeah.. he insisted I'd leave and then he demanded I stay.. I don't know what he wants.." 

"Imma' teach that boy a lesson."

You let out a small smile, "It's funny because he's older than you but you always seem like the bigger guy."

"Ha, that's cause he's- oh right, Kikwang came looking for you this morning.."

"oh! my gosh, I forgot to messsage him back.." 

"You know his interested in you right?"

That never came to mind for you, I had always treated him as a brother.

knock knock

Chacha stood up to greet whoever was behind the door.

"Heyy!" It was Jay. You turned your seat around facing him and a smile formed upon seeing how much better he looked compared to last night. He returned the smile that thus resulted in a staring contest. Chacha was observing, he knew one thing was for sure. You both never stopped loving each other. How did that come to be? Well it all started from a single phone call.

FLASHBACK

"Bro, could I speak to you?"

"Yeah, come to the studio"

Within 10minutes Jay was at the studio. His stance and facial expression was different, completely different. A mix of frustration, hurt and pain could be seen. Chacha knew this was going to come to be. He knew what this was going to be about because he saw that frustration Jay carried everytime Jane received any type of hate from the public. 

Jay didn't wait till Chacha asked what was wrong and began, "I'm like- I'm sick of it. I'm angry that certain people can't accept us. Why? I can't even take it anymore. I love her, a lot, more than words can explain actually. But... who am I? I'm someone who can't live the way I want to. The longer Jane is with me, the more hate she's receiving. I don't get why.." he paused for a moment. Chacha was trying to process what Jay had just said. "But I do know how this can all end.. and thats by ending our relationship.."

Chacha was stunned. Jay's tone and content showed every frustration his been dealing with. But Chacha didn't want things to end this way, "I understand where you're coming from. But I want to make sure you understand one thing. You are the only person that's perfect for Jane. I know that. The way she smiles when you're around her, the way she talks about you; clearly shows how happy she is being with you."

"It's the best for her bro, you know that. It kills me even more to see her acting strong in front of me. Once this gets officialised, she won't receive any of these hate. As much as it kills me, I've decided.. I hope you can support me and be there for her.." Jay said softly.

Chacha knew clearly well that as much as he tried to persuade Jay, he wasn't going to change his mind. But he tried anyway because he honestly didn't want this outcome to result. But as suspected, he couldn't change Jay's set of mind. So all he could do was nod and accept this decision of his best friend's.

PRESENT

And that's what happened. Jay never wanted to hurt you. Never. He loved you and still does. And he was certain no one ever can replace the way you made him feel; loved. It hurt him seeing you smile brightly to other guys because he hoped to see that smile, genuinely smile at him. He missed you, dearly. There were many times where he wanted to run to you, to tell you his sorry and that he have never wanted to hurt you but he simply couldn't. He simply didn't have a choice.

"Bro, I'm out. I'll speak to you later Jane!" and with that Chacha left.

Jay came over to the seat next to you and sat down. He proceeded to gather the sheets that Chacha had left for him to go through. Once again, an awkward but familiar silence filled in. There was something bothering you and you wanted to ask him. Something you've been meaning to ask. Or its because you were afraid to ask.. afraid of the outcome. But today, something motivated you to speak up.

"Jay.. can I ask you something?.." you began.

"Mmmh?" he mumbled,

With a deep breath and switching your attention to a pen infront of you, "Why-Why did we come to be?.." was what trailed out of you. As soon as it was out, you were suprised yourself that you had even manage to say that.

He didn't reply. No one made a sound. As a result, you started to feel irritated.  Why hasn't he ever given you a real answer? Or was it the fact that you simply didn't want to accept the 'I've moved on' one because it pained you so much?

"Things happen, it's the past," he softly said.

This wasn't the answer you wanted. Not at all. You placed the pen down and switched you attention on him entirely. "Why can't you at least give me a proper answer?"

Observing him, he really did not show any emotion and continued looking through the sheet he was holding. "I did. We moved on, its simply as that." he bluntly replied still not looking at you.

"I haven't," He looked back at you immediately and held a gaze with you. His eyes was filled with emotion this time. Within them, hurt and confusion could be seen.

Just then, the door knocked, breaking the tension circulating the room. You sighed heavly and looked away, then proceeded and walked over to open the door to whoever was there. To your surprise, Kikwang was there. He smiled to you and patted your head. "What are you doing today? Are you free?" 

"Um.. I'm sorry but I've got some recordings to do.." part of it was a lie but the other was the truth. Well you did have recordings to organise but that was happening later on. Actually you didn't even know why you said that. Maybe it was because of Jay..

"But its lunch time! come on, come with me for lunch at least?"

Knowing he was still going to insist even if you kept rejecting him you decided to give up. As much as you wanted to spend a little more time with Jay in hopes in getting an answer out of him, reality is what you had to deal with and reality is you and your stubborn mind, not wanting to accept Jay's answers. You nodded and forced a smile, "Okay then!"

He was standing at the door so he couldn't actually see Jay was in the room. Suddenly you heard Jay walk towards you. As he left the room he left the words, "And you said you haven't?" hanging.