Chapter 12

We were meant for each other

Chapter 12

You couldn’t get Chacha to pick you up either; he was probably sleeping by now. Besides, you didn't want to bother anyone at this time of the night. You concluded on calling a taxi, which meant you were going to have to walk down to the main street so no one knew you came from Jay’s. Because, well.. that would just turn the world upside down. You picked up your bag and quickly slid on your shoes. You opened the door and headed for the elevator. It was currently at level 10, so it shouldn’t be too long before you could leave.

“Jane.” Upon hearing your name being called out, you knew that voice very well. It was Jay, looking tired as ever.

“Where are you going?” he asked you, concerned.

“Home.. you better get back inside before you get anymore sick,” you honestly replied.

He still stood there, staring back at you, which started to make you feel a little uncomfortable. As if on the cue, the elevator doors opened. You looked back at him and softy smiled before slightly waving, taking your leave. Once you were inside, you let out a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, the doors re-opened. You looked up to see him staring back at you, again. “Is there anything wrong?” you asked, breaking away this stray of uncomfortable silence.

He shook his head, “You can stay..”

Surprised and confused at his sudden change again, you looked up to him; searching for answers.

“It’s already late; you can just stay for the night,” he continued.

Not wanting to cause any more trouble, you shook your head. “It’s okay, there’s no need..Bye”

You looked up at him and sincerely smiled and then pressed the close button of the elevator. But it suddenly re-opened; yes..again.. just like before. Jay standing there staring at you and you fully drowned into this confused circle.

“No, really., just stay,” he insisted.

You really didn’t want to continue this drama-like sequence. It’s weird, things felt so awkward and luckily no one else was in the elevator. “It’s fine Jay. Please.”

He took a step into the elevator this time and then within a couple seconds you were suddenly in his arms. Suddenly, a flash of memories escalated. This same position you guys shared when you first met each other. That feeling that never left you since that day. You were so deep into thoughts but was interrupted to reality when he started walking out the elevator.

“W-what are you doing?” you stuttered. He gave you no reply so you tried to get away from his hold, struggling.

“Can you please put me down?” you gave up.

“Promise that you won’t run away?” he eyed you suspiciously.

“Promise,” you reassured him.

He finally put you down and that’s when you decided to go with his flow because you knew you weren’t going to get your way. You followed him back into his apartment and awkwardly stood there once you were in. Totally a different feeling compared to how things.. used to be..yes, how the past used to be.

“My manager has been staying over so you can sleep in my room and I’ll use my managers’.”

“Oh no, I’ll take the couch, please. Get some rest Jay, I’m fine.”

He nodded, "thanks for coming today by the way.. oh and thanks for the present too.."

You sincerly smiled, "no worries, Jay."

And then he turned to his room. You sat down on the couch and started looking around. The place you were once so familiar with; visually hasn’t changed at all. Jay’s bedroom door opened, revealing him carrying a pillow and blanket for you. You immediately stood up. He handed you them and you accepted it, thanking him before he left.

You sat back down, bringing your legs towards you; resting your chin. Everything just came rushing back now. The time you confessed, the time he confessed, the moments and memories that was shared after. Everything was as if it was meant to be, that you both, were destined for each other. That’s what he used to always tell you. And now, you were both distant from each other; mirrored to strangers. Every look, touch, smile and connection just withdraws itself, leaving an abandoned history and past that you both once shared.

You eventually fell asleep. Not long after, having a dream of him tucking you into his bed.

 

A/N:

SORRY for such a delay in getting this chapter out; writer’s block really takes a major toll.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT =)