o8

Perfection in Pictures

Kim Soyeon lingers around the corridor near her classroom, clutching at the pale blue sketchbook almost painfully as she waited for The One to arrive.

Looking back at her wristwatch, Soyeon almost freaks when the minute hand touches fifteen. Damn, how can she even skip lessons just for one dude who has her most precious possession in his hands?

Unknown to her, The Jung Daehyun is already in class.

So when Soyeon runs back to class, feeling irritated by how ‘late’ he was, then seeing him calmly taking notes in his seat and realizing that The Jung Daehyun is in class all the time.

After all, there is more than one way to the classroom.

Soyeon literally slaps her own head with the offending sketchbook when the teacher spots her trying to creep to her seat.

“Kim Soyeon, late again? Detention. Tomorrow afternoon.”

She does a inner groan as she slowly slides down her chair, trying to make herself look smaller and more invisible to her classmates who are all shooting her weird stares.

They all look at me like I’ve murdered someone. If killing people wasn’t illegal I bet I’d be a mass murderer by now, judging by their looks.

The funny thing is that the teacher used ‘again’ when she has not even been late once. Out of curiosity, or instinct, Kim Soyeon’s eyes scan around the room.

Her eyes rests on a certain boy.

And she almost screams when she finds out what the certain boy is doing.

His fingers are closed around the spine of the— her sketchbook, and he is casually flipping the pages as he reads.

What they both don’t realize is that the teacher is behind him too, glaring at the back of Daehyun’s head. If eyes can cook, Daehyun’s head willbe a very delicious piece of toast right now.

She almost gets another heart attack when the teacher just snatches the book right out of his hands, surprising the boy.

“What’s this—” the teacher’s eyes narrows, “ ‘Sungyeol gently caresses Myungsoo’s cheeks, and he lifts one hand, his long fingers entangled in Myungsoo’s baby soft hair as he softly whispered, “Myungsoo-ah... I love—” ’

Daehyun coughs, his face reddening slightly.

The teacher’s eyes narrowed even further, if that was possible. “Whose is this?”

Daehyun lifts an eyebrow. “I don’t...”

He looks across the room, just as Soyeon sends him warning glares. Their gazes lock for a moment, then Daehyun looks away, coughing again.

“Mine... It’s mine.”

The whole class burst into laughter, and the girls start to gossip, but the class is slowly lulled into a dull silence when the teacher starts glaring toasters at all of them.

“So... Jung Daehyun who doesn’t have any personal talent but writing these... these kind of things... Detention. For three weeks. And don’t ever think about getting your camera back unless you’ve found other talents.”

Soyeon can’t help the guilty feeling building at the bottom of her stomach when Daehyun’s mouth falls open in disbelief.


 

__________________

 



“Moon Jongup! Yah, Jongup!”

It is probably the fifth or sixth time the younger girl has tried to call the unresponding boy in front of her. Irritated, and a little unnerved by his unusual behaviour, Kyumi covers the distance between them in a few, quick steps, and latches both arms around Jongup’s neck, successfully clinging onto his back like a stubborn Koala, and also successfully catching his attention.

Jongup doesn’t complain or anything, but just silently piggybacks his girlfriend as they go near the school gates.

“Did you hear what I said just now?”

“Huh?”

“I said we have to go to the bank, Mom just sent me our monthly cheque.”

“Oh...” Jongup’s voice got softer, “okay.”

Kyumi frowns, then pounds at Jongup’s back, a signal that she wants to be put down. When she finally slides down his back, Jongup just continues walking like nothing just happened.

“Yah Moon Jongup, what the hell is wrong with you?”

No answer.

She tries again, this time grabbing his forearm, and in a softer voice. “What’s wrong...?”

He stops, but doesn’t turn back.

“Nothing.”


 

__________________

 



“Hmm.”

Jung Sohyun lightly taps the eraser end of her wooden pencil against her lips, humming lightly.

“Yah Junhong, do you think it’s possible... yah!”

She pokes the sleeping boy’s cheek with the eraser end of her pencil, poking until he had any intentions to wake up.

“Whaaaaa...” Junhong mutters, rubbing his eyes sleepily. “Did you say some—”

He is abruptly cut off when the girl suddenly reaches over to him, and using the end of her long sleeve, dabbed lightly at the side of his mouth.

“So I was thinking...”

“But your uniform...”

Sohyun smiles drily. “Daehyun oppa washes my uniform, so it’s nothing.”

“But—”

So I was thinking...”

“Yeah.”

“Stop cutting me off! We should set Hyorin unnie and Bang Yongguk up.”

“No!” Junhong blurts out, accidentally hitting the table in the process. He winces, rubbing his bruised knuckles. “No. Just no.”

“What? Why not?” Sohyun retorts back, eyes narrowed. “They’d make the coolest couple. The coolest female on the campus and the coolest male on the campus, they’d look so—”

“I said no.”

“Why, you like Hyorin unnie or something?”

“I...” Junhong bites his lower lip, suddenly feeling his cheeks heating up. “I just don’t...”

He takes in a deep breath.

 

 

___________________________________

a/n;

i am a horrible author ; - ;
sigh. but after listening to bap's crash i think all the ideas suddenly crashed onto me. LOL. /shot
anyway. major character changes in this chapter c;
some might say i was influenced by reply 1997 /coughhintcough
don't worry. i think i'll update soon.
this story is by far the most fun one for me to write. c; /coughs
and that myungyeol scene. shoot me someone. it was the most awkward thing ever. ; - ;
comments? :o
before you throw pineapples at me ; - ;