22

Perfection in Pictures

 

“For you.”

The girl, by which Jongup has already learnt her name; Sohyun, pushes another file towards him.

He accepts it wordlessly, and Sohyun is about to leave the class when he calls out for her to wait.

Jongup rummages through his bag before pulling out a folded envelope. Blowing hastily on it, he passes it to Sohyun.

“Pass this to her,” he instructs.

Sohyun nods, before leaving.

Unknown to the duo, they are being watched. The guilty person puts down the thick history book he is using to cover his face and sinks down into his seat.

Himchan stares at that clear plastic file which Jongup is clearing the contents of. Feeling curious, but holding on to some unspoken pride and shyness, he resorts to looking back out of the window.



“Psst!”

He thinks he is hearing something, but does not dare turn around just in case.

“Psst!”

There it is again, followed by a somewhat hasty kick to the back of his chair. Himchan sighs before surreptitiously sticking a hand out, to which he feels the sharp ends of folded paper poking at his fingers. He grabs it and goes back to his already finished classwork, bringing up the crumpled paper.


Can we have lunch together today? :D

He chuckles at the simplicity of the content. Picking up his pen, he writes,

No, because I’m bored of eating lunch with you for five years.

Something weird is creeping up on him, but he doesn’t know what. Suddenly, he realises that the class is oddly quiet.

He looks up.

“Himchan haksaeng, hand over that piece of paper.”

And without even thinking twice, Himchan stuffs the paper down his throat and swallows it.

And the teacher stares at him.



 

__________________



“I told Yongguk hyung.”

“And then?” Sohyun is still a little apprehensive.

“He agreed to the deal that if I successfully ask you out, he’s going to go confess to Hyorin noona.”

“He did?” Sohyun’s eyes are wide, but there’s no stopping that sadistically wide smile on her face. If Hyorin unnie finds out... Man am I so-oo dead.

“Wait is that hyung?”

“Where?”

“There! Oh my god it is what are we supposed to do now?”

“I don’t know! It’s your idea!”

The fake couple ends up running into an empty classroom and Junhong quickly asks, “have you had a boyfriend before?”

“One,” Sohyun mutters.

“Well, it’s a bad idea but do whatever you do to him to me, okay?”

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Sohyun nods.

You can do this.

You are already over him.

You’re doing this for Hyorin unnie.


“Let’s go,” she suddenly announces before looping an arm through Junhong’s and pulling him out of the classroom.

“Where are we going now?”

“I don’t know, anywhere!” Sohyun replies cheerfully as she pulls him down the corridor.

“Yah, pabo slow down!” He laughs, while tugging her back lightly.

“Yah Kim Himchan, do not make things difficult for me!”

And then she crashes into someone.




Sohyun blinks for a moment, stumbling back from the impact. Her two arms are hugging Junhong’s left arm, and it takes a while to figure out why it feels wrong.

Because he’s not Himchan.

She immediately kills the thought, and looks up into the eyes of the student she’d knocked into.

“Yongguk hyung,” Junhong greets, a somewhat sadistic smile on his face. “Apologise to my girlfriend!”

Yongguk blinks, his jaw falling open.

“You really... really?”

“Yep,” Junhong grins, “and now it’s your turn, hyung!”

And then Junhong escapes, pulling said fake girlfriend along with him, leaving his hyung stunned.

Another person stands still in his tracks.

Two arms.

He used to ask her why she always looped two arms around his left arm. “One isn’t enough,” she’d explained, “I need two to spread all my love to you!”

And she’d always grab his left arm because she was left handed, like her oppa.

I’m doing it again.


Himchan unclenches his fist to find drops of blood prickling the surface of his skin through four well-indented curves. He walks off, ignoring the blood.

Stop thinking about her.


 

__________________



Jongup spreads out the amount of letters he has received in the past few days.

Printed on the left. Written on the right.

He picks up the first, written note on an exercise book paper.

You’re actually the maknae of a very, very, very rich company!

The second one writes something similar.

And you have two older brothers. Kim Jongdae and Kim Jongin. It’s weird how all three of you are good in dance!

“No,” Jongup mutters darkly. “It’s more weird how you’re acting as though you want me out of the house fast.”

He picks up all the papers in one go, before storming out of class.


 

__________________

 


There she is.

Moon Jongup knows clearly that the rooftop is out of bounds to all students, but what’s stopping all the students from going up there? Nothing.

“So you received my message,” he starts off, voice dark.

Kyumi nods, her eyes obliviously avoiding him.

“What is this?”

She looks up.

“I’m asking you what is this.” His voice is soft and deadly, decorated with sharp spikes that is meant to kill. He raises the files in one fluid motion, and Kyumi winces as though he is going to throw file and daggers at her. “Do you really want me gone that much?”

“Since you said,” she starts off slowly, “that you wanted to find your parents, I thought I could help.”

Kyumi feels the side of her eyes heating up, but she presses on.

“Since you said you were sick of me, I thought I could help you.”

“You’re not supposed to help me,” Jongup is confused. “You’re supposed to be angry at me.”

“I have no right to be angry at you.”

You have no right to be angry at her too, Moon Jongup.

“But anyway,” Kyumi looks down as she pulls something out of her pocket and holds it towards Jongup. He stares apprehensively at that piece of paper before taking it.

17 December, BTD Café, Mangwondong. 3pm. You tell your name to the waiter/waitress there and they'll bring you to the seat.

Before he can ask her what the address and slight instruction is about, Kyumi speaks up.

“I’ve arranged a meeting between you and your real family.”

 




( a/n )
kyumi is efficient. ; w ; /claps
you know something guys? i've been watching killing camp ep3 over and over again. somehow i can't write jongup as cold as i used to.
how can anyone, when said kid is rolling around on top of slides while other members are having exchange agreements. ; w ; /is slapped

oh and yay, the triple update! c':

early merry christmas and happy new year bc i'm running out of computer time, really.