o1

Perfection in Pictures

 

“Oppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

Daehyun’s head immediately jerks up from his DSLR as a piercing cry cuts through the entirely silent living room as he accidentally deletes one of his photos. Cursing slightly, he turns off his DSLR and carefully removes the lens from the camera body, wiping both ends of the lens with a piece of cloth. Making sure that no dust goes into the image sensor, Daehyun recaps the open lens of the camera.

He then looks up, blinking. Youngjae is settled comfortably on the largest couch, his eyes closed as his head nods slightly to the beat of the music issuing out from his white Beats headphones, his schoolbag scrawled on the carpet beside him.

Meanwhile, the girl who issues the high pitched shriek was nowhere to be seen. Daehyun sighs as he goes back to cleaning his precious DSLR.

The sounds of someone jumping down the stairs echoes around the now-silent house as the Jung family’s one and only precious little girl skips down the stairs, ignoring the look her two brothers are giving her. Sure, Jung Sohyun may have just turned seventeen a few months ago, but there is no stopping her from her childish ways.

Sometimes, Daehyun worries that the girl’s innocence may be used against her. He knows how most of the girls at school will get close to Sohyun just because of her brothers, because he receives the same treatment from guys who thinks they could try to get close to Sohyun.

Not a chance, Daehyun thinks.

“Oppas, can we go yet? Hyorin unnie’s already at school, and she—”

Sohyun is temporarily cut off as Youngjae picks up his bag and walks off towards the main door, the sound of keys rattling as they hang on a huge keychain that Youngjae sticks his finger through. Sohyun then turns to face her other silent oppa. “Daehyun oppa...?”

“You go on first, I don’t like the crowd.” Daehyun smiles at his little sister. The Jung family are a rather quiet one — no one ever talks, even at mealtimes, everyone is content to hear Sohyun drag on and on about her terrible day at school.

Other than that, it wis usually just... silence.

Sohyun shrugs, her face looking a little unsure. “I’ll see you in school then oppa.”

Daehyun tries to keep his smile on as she picks up her bag and shooting him a final, worried glance, walks through the door that Youngjae is holding open. The latter shoots him a cold glance of recognition before slamming the door shut.

Daehyun goes back to keeping his camera. Youngjae and him are never on good terms anyway.

 

 

__________________

 

“Ready?” Himchan asks his elder sister as he takes a last look at himself in the reflective car window, correcting a few strands of blonde hair that is standing out. He only finally allow himself to smile after making sure he is completely perfect.

Kim Soyeon jumps down the front stairs and almost trips as she stumbles in the patch of green grass in front of her younger brother. “Yeap,” she replies, shaking her head a little which messes up her hair. Himchan rolls his eyes a little as he sticks out his hand and combs his sister’s bangs until they are all lying down neat and perfect.

“Are you going to drive?” Soyeon asks incredulously as she stares at the black car in front of them.

“Drive?” Himchan scoffs. “Please nuna, I’m seventeen.”

“Then the car...?”

“It belongs to the neighbour, stupid. He’s going to the same school as us, so why not get a free ride?”

 

 

__________________

 

Yongguk buttons up the last button on his school uniform as he waits for the boy on the other end of the phone to stop droning on and on. After tightening the idiotic, blue tie, Yongguk flops down onto his bed and begins pulling on his socks.

“Junhongie, I’m sure you’ll still be able to go to the school using public transport,” he says to no one in particular as he fixes his shoelaces.

“But hyung! What if I get lost? And you know, the bus is full of those e ahjummas...” A slightly high-pitched, irritated voice emits from the black Samsung lying on the cold glass table.

“Junhong, sometimes you have to learn to be independent,” Yongguk stands up, shaking out his arms a little before grabbing the phone and turning off the loudspeaker, balancing it between his shoulder and ear and picks up his bag.

“Independent doesn’t mean having to be molested by those e ahjummas! Ah seriously hyung, why can’t you just—”

“I’m picking up the neighbours, see you in school then Junhongie~”

“Yah, Bang Yongguk!”

Yongguk ignores the boy’s futile pleading and his lack of honorifics as he presses the home button on his phone, abruptly ending the call and slips the cold phone into his pocket.

 

 

__________________

 

“Moon Jonguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!” Kyumi shouts at the top of her lungs as she pulls at the end of her skirt.

This thing, it is too short. Kyumi winces a little as she continues tugging at the skirt, hoping and wishing for it to grow longer on the spot.

“Jongup, hurry up!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming!”

Jongup races down the stairs, a few buttons undone, slinging his tie loosely over his head to find his girlfriend looking very uncomfortable in her new uniform.

“How long was it since I’d seen you wearing a skirt?” Jongup chuckles, causing Kyumi’s face to turn into a shade of red comparable to cherry tomatoes.

“It looks horrible on me,” Kyumi whines as she looked down. “Everything looks horrible on me, the tie, the skirt, the shoes, the—”

Kyumi is temporarily silenced as Jongup places his warm hands on her shoulders, smiling brightly into the constantly reddening face of Jang Kyumi.

“What?” she says, trying to sound annoyed but can't help smiling a little.

“You look perfect to me,” Jongup says cheesily, earning himself a slap on the arm.

Yongguk gives a polite smile to his new neighbours as he pulls out his car keys and with a small hand movement, causes the car to emit two loud beeps and the headlights lights up, causing the petite brunette to jump in shock.

“Nice car,” the blonde guy beside him offers. Yongguk observes that the guy has on mild, very mild eyeliner to make his eyes look slightly bigger. There is also something forced in that face of his — it just looks very unnatural.

What for? Yongguk thinks. Guys with small eyes are the trend nowadays.

But he can't help himself noticing the big height difference between the pretty boy and his equally pretty sister. Both of them look very different — the girl has big eyes while the guy has small ones, the guy has a rather skinny face comparing to his sister, and of course, the height difference. No one will have grouped them as siblings in the first place, maybe something like a couple?

“Your little sister?” Yongguk replies, with no connection to the topic the blonde has thrown at him previously. He immediately knows he has made a wrong guess when the blonde does a slight eye roll.

“My older sister,” the blonde replies irritably as he opens the door and motions for the girl to go in first, before going in himself and slamming the door shut.

How rude.

“Anyway, how do you know if I’m not going to kidnap you and sell you to a brothel or something?” Yongguk jokes as he slides into the driver’s seat. From the mirror, he sees the girl’s eyes widen and the blonde’s eyes shoot towards his mop of flaming red hair. Yongguk smirks as he spots the blonde’s face drain a little of confidence.

Owned.

 

__________________

 

No red carpet, but that will come one day.

Shin Hyorin brushes away any daring bit of dust from her skirt for the nth time. Pulling out a small Hello Kitty mirror, she checks herself again — start of school, first day, deep impression.

She scowls a little as she fingers one of her light brown waves. It is bleached blonde a few weeks ago, with streaks of purple in her hair. But according to her mom, a good student should always look like a model one. Hyorin put away the fake glasses she wears to school to give her mom another impression of a good student and finally keeps the mirror.

What’s taking that girl so long?

When this school opens for students this holiday, there wis a mad rush of crazy, frantic parents trying to settle their kid in a good school. An arts school, situated in the middle of nowhere and literally nowhere, which doesn't accept much students, willing to accept students now, of any age group, any year, so long as they pass the general auditions.

The principal has said that every student will be a leader — a star.

Then imagine how many stars this world would have if that is to happen, Hyorin thinks sarcastically.

Pulling out her phone and calling someone on speed dial, Hyorin strolls away from the main gate.

She isn't going to wait long.

“The bus?” Sohyun groans as she realises where her brother was going. “Seriously, Youngjae?”

“I don’t want to either, but none of us can drive.” Youngjae grumbles as he put on his headphones, shutting out the noise of the world and his little sister. Sohyun sighs as she readjusts her bag strap and hurries to follow her brother when she hits, headfirst, into the chest of a very very tall boy. She stumbles backwards, hand holding her head when a pair of hands shoots out and holds her steady.

“I-I’m sorry, I’m such an idiot, I didn’t see where I was going, I—”

“It’s alright,” the boy replies, smiling a little. He is way taller than Sohyun expects, with blonde, keeping his straight hair in place with a blue and red cap, scarf hiding his smile. Sohyun’s eyes goes over to his nametag. “Choi Junhong…”

“That’s me,” the boy replies cheerfully. With him being so tall, plus the blonde hair and the sun shining at him from behind, he looks like a kind of… god. “You’re going to Kirin, too? I mean… Do you know which bus to take? Because I don’t…”

“I’ll bring you there then!” Sohyun isn't sure what, but something makes her feel oddly at ease with the person she has just met a few minutes ago.

“Yah, what’s this?” Someone suddenly comes over. Youngjae. “Did he do anything to you?” he asks, directing his question at his sister. Youngjae raises his head a little to look carefully at the boy. Damn he is tall.

Junhong grins at him.

“Nope,” Sohyun replies, just as cheerily as Junhong is, making her brother scowl a little. “We’re bringing him to school!”

Screw that little sister of his.

Himchan keeps his glance directed at the tinted window, trying not to look at the driver with flaming red hair.

Of course he is lying about the brothel thing, right? Trees fly past and the familiar sight of a school gate comes into view. Soyeon nudges him, and Himchan tries his best not to feel nervous.

Middle school days are over anyway. That one year in another high school is over anyway. It’s just a fresh start, and nothing that uses to happen would happen.

Instead of being bullied, Himchan now wants to be the bully.

Then, unexpectedly, a girl suddenly flings herself— or rather, looked pushed, in the car’s path. Yongguk curses as he suddenly brakes, the car squealing to a stop right outside the school gates. The girl then turned to face them with big eyes and a shocked expression on her face.

The very last person Himchan wants to meet — Jung Sohyun.


 

author's note c:

the horror of having aff dying on you and only you and not everyone else ;www; So hi there, I've finally updated -3- Thankies to all of you here reading this. YOU GET FREE CHERREH TOMATOES. AND LEMONS. No steak though, I'm not rich.

Anyway, the main main main characters haven't made their huge appearance (actually they did but not big in here) with the red carpet so it might take awhile for me to prepare the red carpet nae? *drags red carpet* this thing... is... heavy.

Anywhoooo there's definitely something bad that happened to Himchan when he was younger, and somehow Sohyun had a part in it? Why? What did she do? What happened? >.< Sheesh Himchan, don't think too much about it! (And yes, it's Kirin again. Why Kirin? 40% cos I'm watching Dream High 2. 60% cos I couldn't think of a new name OTL)

Comment please c: Don't do the no comment on me~