o7

Perfection in Pictures

Jung Daehyun lies down on his bed, hand automatically reaching out for the camera that should have been by his side.

Instead, his fingers meet air.

A loud groan escapes his lips as he remembers that his precious darling is taken, kidnapped, and most probably brutally by that freaking teacher.

So...

Daehyun sits up properly on his bed, head lowering as his mind replays his stupid actions and assigns weird reasons for it.

I took a picture of that girl...

Why did I do that?

Well, I have a tendency to take pictures of seemingly perfect stuff...

So Jung Daehyun, are you trying to say she’s perfect?

Daehyun can almost hear the sarcasm laced in the last comment his brain automated.

Does he really think that she was perfect?

No one’s perfect.

But...

The conflicting thoughts battling a war inside his head clashes, and it is absolutely something his brain capacity can not handle. Jung Daehyun lets his body relax and groans repeatedly as he slams his head into the pillow.

“Jung Daehyun is going crazy~”

That one voice that he absolutely does not want to hear at the moment.

Daehyun forces himself to sit up straight again as he faces that irritable face.

Yoo Youngjae.

“Show some respect, I’m at least one year older than you!”

Youngjae shrugs, his face expressionless. “Sohyun doesn’t exactly show me respect either, and I’m older than her, too.”

Daehyun feels his facial muscles automatically pulling into a scowl. “Can you stop dragging Sohyun into almost every conversation we have?”

“Isn’t Sohyun the only thing we ever talk about?”

Daehyun’s scowl deepens and he mutters something along the lines of ‘I-so-do-not-want-to-deal-with-you-right-now’ as he storms out of the room, leaving behind a fiery aura.

When Daehyun is safely out of the room, Youngjae’s expressionless face tightens as he lets out a hopeless sigh, running his fingers through his blonde locks.

Why can’t you treat me like how you treat Sohyun?



__________________

 


To: Junhong
From: Sohyun


Hahahaha, yeah right.

To: Sohyun
From: Junhong


I’m serious! There’s a huge school project at the end of the year, but I have no idea what it’s about or who is involved in it.

To: Junhong
From: Sohyun


How did you even know about that?

To: Sohyun
From: Junhong


I have my connections >:)

To: Junhong
From: Sohyun


You mean Yongguk’s connections.

To: Sohyun
From: Junhong


............. it’s the same thing.



As Sohyun types out a reply, the door to her room slams open and she stuffs her phone protectively under her pillow, plastering on a very innocent-like look as she turns towards the door.

“Yoo Youngjae again?” Sohyun says bluntly, not bothering to use honorifics or asking what happened.

Daehyun doesn't reply, and that is all Sohyun needed to know.

“Did I disturb you?” Daehyun suddenly blurts out as he spots the edge of a black, metal casing sticking out of Sohyun’s pink pillow. “You were texting someone, weren’t you?”

“Nah, who would I text?” Sohyun laughs the matter off — in fact, she has gotten so good at acting nowadays.

“A boy, maybe?” Daehyun prods on, as he tries to study his sister’s face. At the mention of ‘boy’, Jung Daehyun suddenly recalls something important.

“You... and him... are over right?”

He doesn’t know how to phrase it into proper Korean without hurting her unintentionally in any way.

The question still brings a slight change in her face, but Sohyun just smiles lightly. “I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me. Maybe you should try worrying about Youngjae.”

“Youngjae? What’s there to worry about for that brat. I wouldn’t waste my time and brain juice worrying on someone like him,” Daehyun says spitefully.

Jung Sohyun just continues smiling lightly, listening to Daehyun vent, knewing that her topic change attempt worked, like it always did.

She just finds it a little cute how childish her two apparently older brothers are.



__________________

 


Why isn’t that kid picking up?

Shin Hyorin pokes irritably at her Galaxy Note, hating the fact that it is sooo huge and so inconvenient.

But after all, like her mother says, only smart people use the Galaxy Note.

Hyorin lets out a low sigh as she re-adjusts her huge, nerdy glasses and almost feels like throwing a chair at the mirror when she sees her horrific reflection.

Shin Hyorin — no makeup, no explosive hair colour, no contact lenses...

She starts wondering what may be the students’ reaction if she turns up to school like that.

Hyorin slides off her chair and stands in front of the full-length mirror, tying her wavy hair into a loose but high ponytail and pushes her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She looks down, eyeing the Hello Kitty pajamas she was wearing and puts on a wry smile just as her phone rings.

Maybe she shall just go shock the school tomorrow.

Without even bothering to check the caller ID, Hyorin swipes the ‘answer’ button and literally shouts into the phone. “Jung Sohyun! I’ve been trying to call you for over an hour now, why the hell did you not answer?”

“Jung Sohyun? I didn’t know my name changed...” a painstakingly low and familiar husky voice chuckles, causing Hyorin to almost drop her phone in shock.

“B-Bang Yongguk? Why the hell do you have my number?”

“I have my connections. And besides, I was only testing the number. So bye!”

Hyorin doesn't even have a chance to say bye before the line clicks, showing that the person on the other end has hanged up.

Still in a stage of premature shock, Hyorin lowers her phone from her ear as a small grin sags at the ends of her lips.

It isn’t a proper conversation, but boy, that voice makes her heart race.