o5

Perfection in Pictures

“You can’t sing? You? Can’t sing? Who are you trying to cheat, Daehyun oppa?”

Jung Sohyun stands in front of her elder brother, crossing her arms with a defiant look on her face.

“You should have totally made the teacher faint with your vocals! You can’t deceive me, I’ve heard you sing so many times and besides it’s your camera at stake! Why didn’t you sing?”

“Sohyun...”

“I don’t understand you, oppa! I―”

“Didn’t the almighty Jung Daehyun pass the auditions because of his heavenly vocals?” A sarcastic voice injects into the heated one-sided conversation.

“Even Youngjae is on my side!” Sohyun gesticulates wildly. “Yoo Youngjae, who never takes sides!”

“I’m never on anyone’s side,” Youngjae says spitefully before walking off. Daehyun watches him go with a resentful look in his eyes.

“What’s with him again? Seriously oppa, I... Hey don’t leave me alone!” Jung Sohyun quickly gathers up all her stuff with one hand and makes to follow Daehyun when she knocks into someone. The two fall onto the heated concrete pavement, items sprawling out on the floor. Daehyun goes back, with an intention of going to help his sister no matter how annoying she may be...

“You again?”

Soyeon blinks, confusion filling her face, when she hears the amount of frustration in that short phrase that is hurled at her with an overly familiar voice. “I’m sorry, I’m so dumb, I wasn’t― you?!”

Two thoughts flashes in Soyeon’s mind right now; one, why does that Daehyun dude seem so pissed at her and two, the sketchbook.

Right, the sketchbook!

“I need to return you something, I...” Soyeon fumbles around her bag, trying to find that darned light blue sketchbook that is buried under layers and layers of junk paper, one piece is even Himchan’s past year medical records, what the hell is it doing in her bag?

“Nuna? What are you...”

The atmosphere suddenly chills and Soyeon looks up slowly.

“Forget it, return it to me next time,” Daehyun mutters as he pulls away his dumbfounded sister and leaves the scene hurriedly.

It takes one minute for Kim Soyeon to digest what Daehyun just proposes.

“Wait! The... the sketchbook...”

Both of them are nowhere to be seen. Soyeon whips around to find Himchan staring at her, confused.

“Kim Himchan you pabooooo!”