o2

Perfection in Pictures

 

“I’m sorry!” Junhong gapes as he takes in the damage he almost makes.

“Are you trying to kill her or what? God, seriously...” the guy with the white Beats headphones which Junhong doesn't get to know his name, suddenly bursts out at him as he grabs his sister off the street. “I swear if Daehyun ever gets to know of this I’ll be killed in a picture and stuck in his film forever.”

“I’m sorry! Sohyun, I’m sorry, I... Bang Yongguk!” Junhong suddenly exclaims as the driver of the car came out, slamming his door.

“Were you trying to kill her and me? Just because I didn’t want to bring you to school?” Yongguk scowls as he walks over to the younger boy and smacks him hard on the back of his head. Junhong cries out in pain like a little boy will as he rubs his head, glaring at the older guy. “I already said I’m sorry!”

“There you are!”

Shin Hyorin struts down the road as though her grandfather owns the entire street, not giving a care to the traffic light that is turning green. Actually, with Bang Yongguk’s car stopping right in the middle of the road, it is causing most of the cars behind to stop in one crooked line.

Sohyun turns, blinking erratically as Hyorin grabs her arm and makes off with the smaller girl before she stopped, turning around to take in the rest of the group.

Her eyes rests on a certain red-haired guy.

“B-bang Yongguk...” Shin Hyorin mutters, letting her jaw drop a fraction before regaining her usual queenka confidence.

“Well that’s great! Let’s all go in together then!” Hyorin fakes a high-pitched voice before randomly grabbing the arm of the unfortunate guy standing beside her, which happens to be Junhong. Junhong cringes slightly as Hyorin’s long nails digs into his delicate skin as she pulls the two younger kids toward the gate.

Bang Yongguk starts following them before remembering something, with a small ‘ah’ as he turns back to the car, finding it empty with the door open.

Brat didn’t even bother to close the door.

 

__________________

 

 

Daehyun curses, his thick black scarf muffling the obscenities flooding out of his mouth as he tries to balance his school bag, camera bag, books, and school map within his two, rather small, hands.

As he expects, something falls off.

And that one book slipping off his stack leads to a massive chain reaction — the rest of the books subsequently avalanching to the ground, following by his bag which slips down his arm.

Daehyun tries hard not to pull out his hair in agony.

As he bends down to pick up his stuff, a relatively small-sized girl knocks into him, dropping her stuff into his mess. Daehyun looks up just as the girl stumbles backwards, her curtain of hair revealing a seemingly perfect face with flawless skin and the the roundest eyes he has ever seen.

It is taking all of Daehyun’s energy to not grab his camera right now and snap pictures of the girl.

The girl gasps softly as she takes in the mountain of books in front of her. “I’m sorry! Erm...” she stutters, before realizing that Daehyun is still staring at her. The girl stares back, a weird look forming on her face as she picks up some random books and quickly walks away.

What did I just do? Stare at her like an idiot?

Daehyun picks up the remaining books on the ground and literally runs off, his face going red. On the cover of the textbook placed right on top of his stack, was a few words written in blue permanent marker.

This book is the property of Kim Soyeon ^^’

 

__________________

 

Himchan sits in his chair, fiddling with his pencil as he looks at the students running to class from his window seat. There is a boy sitting next to him, his hands burying his head and the sharp end of a pencil sticking out of his mouth, who has introduced himself as Moon Jongup, with a blinding smile when Himchan first decides to sit here.

After all, you can see almost anything from a window seat from the topmost level.

The usually smart Kim Himchan has to retake a year of musical studies for who-knows-what reason. His grades has been slipping drastically in the past year and his scholarship was revoked. Himchan’s fingers tightens into a fist as his cold eyes scans the scenes outside the window again as they fixes themselves on a couple sitting near the fountain, occasionally tossing coins into it.

 

 

__________________

 

“Kim Himchan!”

Himchan didn’t dare to look up, rubbing away some of the tears from his swollen eyes with his hand — which his classmates would have called the ‘fattest hand they’d ever seen in their entire life’.

The girl who called his name sat next to him in the fountain in their middle school as she poked his arm — what his classmates would have called ‘full of fats’.

Kim Himchan then was not the pretty boy ulzzang. Kim Himchan turn was the bullied Himchan, the fat Himchan, the ugly Himchan — you name it, his moron classmates would have called him that before.

Himchan then dared to lift his head by a fraction as he looked at his heroine, the girl who always protected him from all these. All these bullying.

Jung Sohyun.

“A-are you crying?” Sohyun stuttered as she puts an arm around Himhan, giving him temporary warmth.

“No, I’m washing the insides of my eyes,” Himchan replied sarcastically, an art of speech he had mastered in the past few years. He let himself be cuddled. Just like the fat teddy bear.

“Yeah,” Sohyun replied, rolling her eyes before digging out a handkerchief, offering it to Himchan. “This is the cloth of happiness. Daehyun oppa always says that when someone was sad, they would always become happier after wiping their tears away with this! Use it! It works, I promise you,” Sohyun nudges him.

Himchan really wanted to believe her then.

The day she started standing up for him, Jung Sohyun had turned into Kim Himchan’s heroine, his guardian angel.

And it was also the day he started falling for her.

 


 

 

 

author's note c:

hai everyone c: how have you been? X'D there's another half chapter done but i'm tired so i might try get it on by 4pm XD lemme go eat firsteu~ thankies to all me subbers and commenters. COMMENT. COMMENT.