21

Perfection in Pictures

 

What have I done what have I done what have I done what have I done!

Soyeon almost screams out in frustration before banging the pillow against her head, and fresh memories of whatever just happened in the afternoon surfaces to the shore of her thought bank again.


 

__________________



“S-Seonsaengnim?”

“I heard you were looking for me, Soyeon haksaeng. Is there a problem?”

“Um,” Soyeon stares at her feet, almost wishing that her shoes can tell her what to say. “I wanted to ask about Jung Daehyun-ssi’s camera...”

“Ah, that.”

“I believe seonsaengnim knows it’s against the school rules to confiscate something for such a long period of time?”

“I believe too, that Daehyun haksaeng has made a deal with me about the returning of his camera.”

“But he said he won’t perform...”

“Then he won’t get his possessions back.” The teacher says simply.

“It means a lot to him, that camera...”

“Why are you doing this, Soyeon haksaeng?”

“I... um...”

“I will return Daehyun haksaeng’s camera to him when the time is right.”

“But...”

“Soyeon haksaeng, do you really want the camera back that much?”

The teacher sighs when she sees Soyeon’s semi-hopeful expression.

“There is something we can do...”


 

__________________



“What have I done?” Soyeon murmurs, giving the innocently lying camera a cursory glance.

She knows it’s a DSLR, and probably very expensive, which is probably the reason why all her extra pillows are used to house the camera.

Curiosity killing her, she reaches out towards the camera. After turning it around in a few circles, she learns how to turn on the device.

The screen remains black, and she frowns.

How are you supposed to use this thing? Isn’t the screen supposed to show something?

She presses on the shutter button to check if it is working, and almost screams out when the flash of the DSLR blinds her.

A few moments later, she still can’t figure out how to work the camera. Hearing the front door’s lock click and sighing in defeat, she troops downstairs with the camera in hand.

Himchan’s jaw drops when he spots the camera.

“Noona, where did you get that?”

“It’s not mine...”

“You stole it?!”

“So what if I did?”

Soyeon studies Himchan’s expression, expecting him to say something along the lines of ‘what?’ or ‘Noona, that’s illegal!’

But instead— “Let’s go eBay it!”

“No!” Soyeon hugs the camera protectively. “I just collected it back for a classmate.”

“Let me see.”

“No.”

“Noona, the chances of you dropping the camera is much higher than the chances of me dropping it.”

Soyeon scowls, knowing that what Himchan just said is probably is true.

“No. You’re going to look at the pictures.”

Himchan frowns. “You know me too well, noona.”

“Eaten your pills yet?”

“Yes,” Himchan replies, his flat tone showing his boredom. /i And I even feed it to my goldfish.

“Are you still puking?”

“Of course not. Noona, you make me sound like I have a diet problem.”

“Wasn’t that what you almost died of?”

“Noona!” Himchan glares at her, eyes hardening. “You want me to die again? I don’t mind, really.”

“You know I’m only joking.”

“I really don’t mind dying.”

“Channie, you’re being weird.”

Himchan laughs. “Since when was I not like this?”


 

________________________________________________

 


0206.

The number glares at her, and Kyumi sighs before raising her hand, about to paste a post-it on the locker before something colourful in the rubbish bins catch her attention.

She slowly bends down, ignoring the rubbish and pulls out the colourful pink squared paper.

I’m sorry.

She crumples up that paper, before ditching the one that she is about to paste on Jongup’s locker. She pauses for a moment before pulling out the entire stack of post-its with the same message written on every piece and dumps it all.

Kyumi turns, planning to just walk off when she bumps into someone. Looking up, she freezes.

“Kyumi?”

It has been two days since Kyumi has yelled at Sohyun, yet the expression on the latter’s face is as though everything is her fault. Sohyun pulls an apologetic face.

“I’m sorry. Really.”

Kyumi feels a stab of guilt. “Why are you being sorry?”

“For everything.”

“You know,” Kyumi starts off slowly, “it’s not your fault. It’s mine. I’m sorry, too.”

The friendly smile on Sohyun’s face returns. “It’s not your fault! And besides, I’ve already forgiven you long ago. So I’ll see you at lunch today?”

Kyumi nods.

Then she remembers.

1/3.

“Sohyun?”


 

__________________



“It’s for you.”

The girl he recognises as Kyumi’s friend s a thin, clear file at him. Jongup looks up at her determined expression, before back down on the file again.

“What’s this?”

The girl’s eyebrows furrow in frustration. “Just take it, will you? And you find me if you want to reply or something.”

The girl leaves without another word, and Jongup reaches out for the file. As he did so, the contents fall out of their binder, and he stares at them for quite a moment, confused.

“AEON Entertainment...?”

What’s this?

He pulls out the other papers, reading it carefully.

... the CEO, Kim Taekyung, has three sons with two of them renowned idols under the label, Kim Jongin and Kim Jongdae.

“What? She can’t possibly think I’m the third son—”

... In an interview, Kim Taekyung reveals that his youngest son went missing seven years ago.


 

__________________


 

Yongguk silently puts a very, very small mouthful of ice cream into his tongue, feeling the ice burn his teeth, and subsequently his tongue.

“Why aren’t you eating it?” Hyorin has already finished her second bowl of ice cream, and is staring at Yongguk’s melting ice cream.

“Do you really like ice cream that much?” He can’t help smiling though, even if he doesn’t like the dessert. Hyorin nods, her smile bright.

“My future boyfriend has to bring me here everyday!” She declares, resting the spoon on her bottom lip.

Yongguk catches her gaze. “Do you want this?” He pushes his own bowl at her, and immediately Hyorin’s eyes light up.

“Really? You don’t mind?”


 


“Of course you don’t mind, hyung, and I thought you don’t like ice cream?”

“I still don’t,” Yongguk admits, spinning his phone around on the table while talking to the younger on loudspeaker.

“Do you like Hyorin noona?”

He continues spinning the phone, lost in his own thoughts.

“Hyung?”

“... maybe,” Yongguk admits silently, but the boy on the other side hears it loud and clear.

“Hyung, why don’t we do a deal.”

“What deal?”

“If I manage to confess to Sohyun and she accepts, you must go confess to Hyorin noona. Deal?”

Yongguk pauses, thinking for a moment.

This will never work out, since Junhong’s a coward.

“Deal.”


 

__________________



And when Junhong hangs up, he feels two emotions at the same time; a certain sadness and a certain happiness.

That’s it. The end of your endless crushing on your hyung.

The sadistic part of him truimphs over all, though.

Yongguk hyung has no idea what he just agreed to.

 



( a/n )
the ent name... was random. >A> wanted to put sm but everyone knows sment's ceo is lee soo man. then im like thinking of a ceo whose name starts with kim and then i got kim kwangsoo and i'm like NVM /flips and i grabbed the nearest paper to me and used the first word i saw. ack.

is it a good thing if i'm addicted to this story & it's characters?
okay so yeah you guys remember how jongup is supposedly himchan's deskmate, but kyumi and himchan is in one class while jongup and sohyun is in another? >< it's confusing but 1/3 is jongup's homeroom class. (this is what happens due to a lack of planning, seriously)