Chapter 50 - Unwanted Customer

The In Between

You woke up in shock as you heard the phone in the manager's room rang. You quickly stood up and picked up the phone, not forgetting to clear your throat first. 

 

"Hello?"


"I'm sorry, this is from the producer of the salon products this salon has ordered. Is this the manager I'm talking to?", said someone over the line. 

 

"No, the manager had already gone home, this is her staff you're talking to. May I know when the products will come? I'm afraid I don't have all night to wait for the products to come", you said full with professionalism.


"Oh I'm sorry miss. That's what I'm going to talk about. I think it's too late to have the products delivered tonight. Is it okay if I get them delivered tomorrow? I'm really sorry"

 

You sighed as you glanced on the clock. It was half past 11. He was right, it was too late to deliver things. "Okay that's fine. I'll tell the manager about it, what time?"


"10 in the morning"

 

"No, please get them here at 8, we need to check them first and I don't think the manager wants them here at 10", you sternly stated. 


"Okay, 8 in the morning. I'm really sorry for the inconvenient. Thank you for your understanding. Good evening". You mocked silently at what he said. 

 

'Good evening your face, it's midnight for god sake'


Then you hung up the phone. You plopped back into the couch and stared at your phone. There were only messages from Sungyeol and Woohyun. 

 

From : Sungyeol
Is he there yet?


From : Sungyeol 
Yah why not replying?

 

From : Sungyeol 
Another 30 minutes and I'll be on my way there


From : Sungyeol 
Yah where the hell are you?

 

 

From : Woohyun
Text me as soon as you got home okay?

 

From : Woohyun
You're not texting me back, are you still at the salon?

 

You just sighed again. Sungyeol and Woohyun were worrying about you while your own boyfriend wasn't. 'Is he that busy?'


Then your phone rang, and as expected, it was from Sungyeol. 

 

"Yes Sungyeol?"


"I'm on my way theeeeeere"

 

"It's still 30 minutes before midnight ends", you protested as you pouted like Sungyeol could see your pouting face. 

 

"I know, that's why I'm walking there, well it takes 30 minutes of walking from my apartment to the salon. Don't worry I'll try my best to make my steps as slow as I can"

 

"Hahaha fine, I'll call you if Hoya happens to pop out before you come"


'He won't ___-ah', Sungyeol thought. "Okay, happy waiting ___-ah", he said with his happy-little-kid's voice. 

 

You giggled at his high-pitch voice that sounded just like a kindergarten schooler, before hanging up the phone call. You then stuffed your phone in your dress' pocket and went back to the couch. As your body made contact with the soft couch, you heard a sound of a door swung closed. You sat up straight and tried to concentrate on that sound. 'Is that Hoya?', you thought as your face brightened. 


You quickly stood up and went out from the room to find where the sound came from. You quickened your steps towards the front door, but stopped as you remembered that you had locked the front door earlier. 

 

'There is no way Hoya could swing the door opened, it's locked. Hm maybe I misheard'. 


With that, you lazily made your way back to the manager's room. As you made your way there, you heard something that sounded like someone's rummaging through something. 'Is it Hoya? Or manager?'

 

You slowly peeked from the manager's room's door and found two strangers were there, rummaging through the manager's desk in a hasty manner. You gasped, but quickly covered your mouth as you hide behind the wall. 


"Where the hell did that old woman keep the key?"

 

"Aish I don't know just look for it"


You let out a silent gasp as you heard the conversation. 'Robbers? But... I had locked the door before... How could they?'. You were not able to think straight as you held your necklace hard, like it could protect you from your situation now. You took several steps back, and stupidly stumbled on your own heels to fall down on your back. It produced a loud sound of course. You closed your eyes and prayed hard that they didn't hear it, and thank goodness they didn't. They were still looking for the key in the manager's room. 

 

Trembling, you trailed the wall for a help to stand up on your own feet. With a trembling hand too, you reached out for your phone to call for a help. You were about to punch the number, when you heard one of them said. 


"I found the key!"

 

"Good. Wait a minute, whose bag is this"


"Damn. Is there still anybody here?"

 

And like fortune wasn't there with you, your phone suddenly rang its ringtone. It was a call from Sungyeol. And you glanced at the clock, it was fifteen minutes before the midnight ended. You didn't realize you were frozen for a long time when you first found there were robbers in the salon. And you didn't realize that the robbers' attention was now at you. 


"Look hyung, cute girl"

 

"And hot", the other smirked. 


You stared at them in horror, before finally you decided to just run and hide somewhere. You ignored Sungyeol's call and just ran from them, looking for a place hide. 

 

 

"I'll get her or you get her?"


"I'll get her, you get the money"

 

You ran your breath out, trying to be as fast as cheetah as you reached the front door. You banged them like there's no tomorrow but sure it was useless, no one passed the salon at the midnight. You rummaged through your pocket to find the key, but again, luck really hated you now, you realized you left the key at the coffee table in manager's room. 


'What should I do?', you panicked as you heard stomps coming nearer. You quickly shoved yourself behind one of the biggest mirror in the room. You curled yourself and tried to be as small as you could that none of them could see you. You buried your head into your knees as you mumbled some prayers. 

 

You were in danger... 


"Anyone... Hoya... Help me please", you mumbled as you shivered in fear. 

 

 

 

Next chapter will be rated for cursing :)