Chapter 20 - Newspaper

The In Between

“I’m home!”, you said as you stepped into your house after hours of work. The manager got you work for another hour to finish some reports of this month’s revenue. You were tired like hell, but somehow you ignored the tiredness and happily walked into the living room, where Hoya already sat there with newspaper on his lap. As soon as he noticed you were already home, he quickly spreaded out the newspaper and pretended to read it. You chuckled at his action and walked closer to him.

 

“Waiting for me?”, you said as you took the newspaper out from his hand.

 

“No, I’m reading the newspaper”, he said as he tried to get his newspaper back. You pouted as you threw the newspaper away.

 

“Are you going to read newspaper after two weeks not meeting me?”, you said with annoyed tone.

 

“Haha, we met earlier ___-ah”, Hoya said as he stood up to take the newspaper. He then sat next to you again and read the newspaper, earning a glare from you. You pouted again, but Hoya just ignored you as he kept busy reading the newspaper.

 

“What are you reading actually?”, you asked again. You were annoyed to see how Hoya ignored you by reading the newspaper calmly and it annoyed you more since the newspaper kept brushing on your face, blocking your sight on Hoya.

 

“Stuff”, he answered again shortly as he flipped to the next page.

 

“I wanna read it too”, you said as you shuffled closer to him, trying to take a better look on what he was reading. But Hoya turned his back on you, preventing you to see what he was reading. “Yah! What the-“

 

“Get other newspaper to read”, he said and continued his reading, earning another pout from you. Then you tried to read it from afar, but it didn’t work since Hoya blocked your sight with his muscular body.

 

“Yah! I wanna see it too”, you said as you tried to grab the newspaper. Actually, you didn’t want to read it, what you want was his attention. Two weeks not meeting each other gave you great restless night of missing him and now he was busy with his newspaper, not even bothered talking to you. It just gave you great annoyance.

 

“Seriously, get another thing to read”, he said as he prevented you from taking his newspaper. You put a face and tried to grab it again, but failed. Hoya still sat there, reading the newspaper.

 

An idea popped out on your mind. You inhaled deeply, and then started to tickle him with all your might. It worked, as he giggled due to the tingling feeling on his body. He even fell from the couch, still giggling. You quickly grabbed the newspaper right after you saw Hoya didn’t hold it anymore

 

“Yah! My newspaper!”, he exclaimed, trying to stand up and get his newspaper back. You just sticked out your tongue and said, “That’s what you got from ignoring me”

 

You then got your gaze flew on the newspaper you held. You then opened it and tried to find which article Hoya just read. You kept flipping the newspaper, when you suddenly saw something written with thick marker on the page.

 

‘Hey I miss you <3’

 

Your jaw dropped down in shock. It was Hoya’s handwriting. You then looked up to find Hoya stood there, smiling stupidly. You chuckled as you said, “Is it really hard to just say it directly?”

 

“It’s not romantic if I did so”, Hoya said as he sat next to you. You put down the newspaper and turned your face to Hoya. You stared at him for awhile.

 

“Did you really miss me?”, you asked teasingly.

 

“Of course! Don’t you believe me?”, he said. He then put his arm around your shoulder and leaned his head on it.

 

“Prove it”, you said, making Hoya stared back at you.

 

Silent for a while. You then looked away, couldn’t take his intense stare on you. Then you felt a skin brush your temple. He kissed you, on your temple, and whispered sweetly on your ear. “Hey, I miss you”. You smiled shyly at his sentence.

 

“I miss you too Oppa”

 

***

 

You were just finished taking a bath and got yourself clothed, after a long night talk with Hoya. You were drying your wet hair, when suddenly you heard your phone ringing. You walked to the nightstand, where your phone laying down with noisy sound. ‘Sungyeol-sshi?’, you thought as you read the name on your phone screen.

 

“Hello?”, you said, picking it up.

 

“Hi ___-sshi! I just call to inform you that I got something to offer to you. Can we meet tomorrow?”

 

“Of course Sungyeol-sshi, I’ll meet you at the salon right? Like usual”. You were confused since it was the first time Sungyeol asked you to meet him. Well, both of you always met each other since Sungyeol always came to the salon everyday.

 

“Uhm, I kinda prefer to talk about it in private. How about lunch time? Treats on me”, he said on the other line. ‘Lunch? Treat?’ You felt a thump heard from your heart. A loud one. ‘What’s this feeling’

 

“Oh, okay, if it’s okay with you”, you said

 

“Okay, see you tomorrow ___-sshi! I’ll pick you up on lunch time”. Then he hung up. You stared at your phone skeptically. You still felt thump on your heart, and it got louder than before. Unconsciously, you smiled at the thought of going for a lunch with Sungyeol.

 

“What’s with the stupid smile?”, Hoya’s voice echoed in the room, making you turned your head to his direction. He was standing there, staring at you confusedly.

 

“It’s nothing Oppa. What are you doing here? Aren’t you going to sleep?”, you asked, trying to change the topic.

 

“I’m going to”, he said mischievously as he walked into your room, and then sat on your bed. You stared at him quizzically, but then you snapped out of it when you realized what he meant.

 

“Yah! Go sleep in your own room”, you said as you tried to pull him out from your bed, only to make him laid down, not wanting to get up.

 

“I wanna sleep here~”, he said with puppy eyes, earning a mocking face from you.

 

“It’s not working, get up Hoyaaa, go sleep in your room”, you said, trying to pull harder. But without you realize, Hoya pulled you back and with one swift movement, you were now in his embrace. You yelped as you felt a contact with his chest.

 

“Let’s just stay like this”, Hoya said with a low voice. He then your hair lovingly and smiled sweetly. You blushed to his action, but then reached out your hand to hug him back. ‘So warm’. You felt comfortable as Hoya kept your hair and his chin now on your head.

 

You felt so sleepy as you started to close your eyes. The last thing you heard before you drifted off to the dreamland was, “I love you ___-ah”


Updated! Sorry for not updating earlier. And sorry for the lame chapter, this is the best i've got from being one-eyed and having writer's block. Thank you so much for subscribing this. And thank you for being patient. I love you <3