Chapter 22 - Random Night Thought

The In Between

Weeks passed and everything went normal. You were still persistent with your decision not to accept Sungyeol’s offer, although Sungyeol kept coming and asked you to just accept it since he didn’t want any other girl to be his make-up coordinator. Hoya, as usual, was busy with his work, that he would always come home late and only managed to meet you in the morning, which you tried not to overthink about it and just accept the fact that he was busy.

 

But still, you must admit that you were really disappointed in Hoya for not trying to spare his time for you. You had already gave up on your career a long time ago for your relationship and you hoped that Hoya at least could just… appreciate it, not taking it as a way to be busier like there’s nothing to do but work. Well, partly it was your fault too. You didn’t tell Hoya the real reason why you gave up your career. You just told him you were tired because of the tight schedule and decided to resign. ‘Maybe Hoya didn’t get what I mean’, you kept saying to your mind everytime you felt your anger about to explode.

 

You sighed heavily as soon as you stepped into the house, finding no single evidence of Hoya at home. ‘It’s been weeks like this. How long it will stay like this? Argh, so frustrating’

 

You literally frowned the whole time you were waiting for Hoya coming home today. You decided to talk to Hoya about how you felt towards him for the last several weeks. You didn’t want this situation stay for a longer time, since it slowly killed you inside. That’s why you wanted to talk about this face to face with Hoya.

 

It was 11 PM already, and Hoya hadn’t shown up. You felt your eyes got heavier each time you blinked, indicating that you were sleepy already. But you gathered yourself not to fall asleep before Hoya came home. ‘If I couldn’t talk about this tonight, at least I could welcome him by the time he came home. C’mon ___-ah, don’t fall asleep’

 

You mentally slapped yourself everytime you were about to fall asleep. You kept pinching your own cheeks, hoping it would help you to stay awake. Finally, the door creaked open, showing the person you had been waiting for like hours.

 

“___-ah? Still awake? I thought you were asleep already”, he said as he took off his shoes, realizing it was already midnight yet you weren’t asleep.

 

“I’m waiting for you Oppa. I’ve… got something to talk to you”, you said, playing with your fingers in fidgety. You hestitated to talk about this tonight or not, knowing the fact that Hoya must be tired for hours of work. You even noticed his tiredness radiated from his eyes.

 

“Is it important? Can we just talk about it later?”, he asked as he walked into the living room, followed by you.

 

“Uhm…”, you muttered. You felt a pang hit your heart hard as soon as you heard what he said. You kinda felt offended.

 

“Don’t be mad, I’m just…. afraid that I would wrongly respond and end up making you mad. I mean… I’m tired and… not in the right state to talk to you. I’m afraid I would end up yelling or…”

 

“Okay Oppa, I understand”, you cut him off, not letting him finishing his sentence. ‘I knew it would end up like this’

 

“I’m sorry ___-ah, I just…”

 

“It’s okay. Go sleep already Oppa, you look tired”, you said sweetly, with a smile that… actually wasn’t from your heart. You forced yourself to smile since you didn’t want Hoya to be worried.

 

“You too, I’m sorry ___-ah let’s just talk about it tomorrow, okay?”. You nodded, and then Hoya went to his room, leaving you stood there with a great feeling of disappointment. You then walked into your room with lazy steps.

 

‘Another night like this and I don’t know what will happen to our relationship. Can’t you just see Hoya? I hate how busy you get lately’, you frowned at your own thought. You then just decided to sleep and let your anger blown away by the night breeze.

 

You lied on the bed, still with your eyes wide awake. Your gaze flew on today’s bouquet on the nightstand. It was white roses, which you found really calming everytime you stared at it. Your hands then reached out the flowers, holding it in your embrace. The sweet scent of it tingled your nose, making you felt a little bit relaxed than before. ‘I wonder why is this guy still sending me flowers. Seriously, this is sweet but I don’t want to give him fake hopes. I hope he would show up himself soon. I’ll thank him… a lot… and tell him not to send this again’, then you put it back to where it placed before. You smiled once again to the flower but your expression down to see the picture stood next to it. The picture of you and Hoya. You then forcefully turned your back on that picture, not wanting to see it.

 

‘Thank goodness I’m not those kind of girls who would cheat on their boyfriends. I could just flirt on this stranger and go out with him… if I want’

 


Updated! And sorry if the story got a bit jumpy hehe. Comments and subscribes <3