Chapter 24 - Decision

The In Between

Your mind kept playing Woohyun’s sentence till now.

 

“Maybe you should get another job like… make up artist?”

 

“You looked happier back then”

 

You sighed as you stepped into your house, still with no one at home. It was 5 pm, probably Hoya was still on his office working on his paper or having a meeting. A long talk with Woohyun hadn’t cured your disappointment. You then plopped into the couch, letting yourself drowned on its puffiness.

 

‘Should I take Sungyeol’s offer? Well, if I got busier a bit, maybe I wouldn’t feel lonely anymore. And maybe Hoya would understand my feeling when he left me for his work’, you thought.

 

You shook your head in disagreement. ‘No, it will just like risking our relationship. No, I won’t do that’

 

But then another voice in your head heard. ‘But if I took that offer, at least I wouldn’t have to suffer of being alone. Maybe I could match Hoya’s schedule and find a time when both of us not busy. Besides, make-up artist’s schedule is flexible, although it’s tiring like hell’

 

‘But I don’t wanna lose my job on the salon’, you thought. You scratched your head in frustration.

 

Then the phone rang. You lazily took your phone and looked at the screen. ‘Sungyeol. What a great timing’

 

“Hello?”, you said.

 

“___-sshi? Taking a day off? I didn’t see you around the salon today”, Sungyeol said, with a voice of concern mixed with curiosity.

 

“Yes, I am taking a day off. Why do you call? Do you have something to talk to me?”

 

“You can say that. But actually I’m just worried haha”, Sungyeol said with an awkward laughter. You just smiled. ‘I can’t imagine myself working with him’

 

“Thank you for worrying Sungyeol-sshi, but I’m fine”, you said with a sweet tone, trying not to get the situation awkward.

 

“Good then! Uhm, I’m just wondering… are you still not accepting my offer ___-sshi?”, he said carefully. You sighed as soon as you heard that.

 

“I don’t know Sungyeol-sshi”

 

“Really? Last time I asked you, you just answered ‘No’ and this time you said ‘I don’t know’? Can I be happy for that?”, Sungyeol said with a teasing tone. You just giggled on his childish reaction. You could tell he was wiggling his eyebrows, a habit of him when he teased you.

 

“Haha whatever Sungyeol-sshi. Actually I was thinking to accept it though, but somehow your reaction just made me change my mind”, you teased back.

 

“No! I was just kidding! Don’t change your mind please”, he said. ‘Does he really want me that much to be his make-up artist?’

 

“Haha, I need time to rethink about it. I need permission from my boyfriend and the salon’s manager too”, you said.

 

“I’ll help with the manager! Please please, be our make-up artist please. The last one my manager chose for us was… pathetic. You know what? She kept squealing over Myungsoo and telling how good looking he is, with her annoying voice, and her failed cute act. Eish, I don’t like her”, he said, blurting out all of sudden.

 

“Ahaha, and you think I won’t be like her?”, you said again.

 

“Of course not! You’re naturally cute ___-sshi”. You froze for a while. ‘Did he just say I’m cute? Weird I never act cute in front of him’

 

Sungyeol then cleared his throat in awkward manner. ‘Damn, I shouldn’t have said that’ “Uhm, ___-sshi, I think I gotta go now. Please think carefully about it. We will be happy to accept you as our make-up artist. Okay? Bye!”, he hung up.

 

You stared your phone screen quizzically. Sungyeol’s words were dancing in your brain, making you blushed like a tomato. You felt your heartbeat raced, even you could hear it echoed in the living room. Instead of being worried about it, you just smiled as the warmth took over your body. You suddenly felt comfortable, like someone was hugging you tight. Somehow, you didn’t feel lonely again.

 

‘Maybe I should just take his offer’

 


Yeay she's taking his offer! *celebrating by myself* Finally the drama's gonna start :D

Comment and subscribe are still loved!