Chapter 1. Transfer

Hot & Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just one of the usual days when I woke up and got to school for a long day there. Luckily I had my friends in the same classes so it made the day a whole lot easier.

Daeyeon: Chaehyun unnie! Wait for us!

I turned around to see the devils- I mean my lovely friends running over to me. Daeyeon and Youngeun wrapped their arms around my shoulders, trapping me in between them. Daeyeon poked me in the side and giggled. I just shook my head at her. She was lucky that I love her. We all made our way to the school as usual and into our classes. I was sitting and chatting with Youngeun, Yujin unnie, and Hikaru when the teacher came inside and we were all told to sit in our seats.

Teacher: Quiet down everyone! Today we are all going to welcome a new girl into our class.

Daeyeon: I hope that she is a cute one.

Daeyeon leaned closer to me from her seat behind me and whispered into my ear. I slapped her shoulder and just shook my head at her. A few seconds later, a girl walked into the classroom. She stood beside the teacher but just stared blankly out into the classroom like she didn't want to be there at all. I could hear people whispering what was wrong with her and began acting like she was weird or something. I kind of felt sorry for her but it didn't seem like it was fazing her at all.

Teacher: Please introduce yourself to the rest of the class.

New kid: Hello. My name is Park Jahoon.

She bowed with a blank expression. Even her introduction was in a monotone. Our teacher looked a little flustered, like she didn't really know what to do next but she just smiled and kept continuing like nothing had happened at all.

Teacher: Alright then...welcome to the class! Why don't we get you seated? Hmmm~ You can sit over there with Chaehyun! She is free. Chaehyun! Please raise your hand!

I raised my hand and looked at her with a smile as she began walking over to me. She bowed and sat down at the seat beside the window without sparing a glance at me. I tapped her shoulder, making her turn to face me. I smiled and waved at her.

Chaehyun: Hello. My name is Chaehyun. Nice to meet you! I hope that we can become good friends.

I put my hand out for her to shake it but she just looked at me blankly and turned her head back to look out of the window. I blinked a few times, a bit flustered at what happened. I heard someone snickering from behind, I turned to look to see Daeyeon trying to cover up her laugh. I huffed at her and turned my attention back to the teacher in front of me. I glanced at Jahoon one more time but she hasn't really moved at all since. Normally, I would just ignore the person who is ignoring me back but with Jahoon...I'm determined to make her my friend and like me no matter what.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a long half-day of school, it was time for lunch. Everyone quickly got up from their seats and packed their stuff before running to the canteen. I did the same and was about to head out with my friends when I thought of something and stopped in my tracks.

Bahiyyih: Why did you stop unnie?

I turned to look at Jahoon who was still sitting at her desk. She was ignoring everyone around her with earphones in. I kind of feel sad for her. Maybe she i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter