Chapter 7

Hello! falling star

Chapter 7: Spring is here, but warmth is nowhere to be found…

txt: Frost

 

Help…

 

“What was that?”

Yeonjun felt someone is calling for his help, and sure he trains about this before, if they heard it…it means they need to protect it! But no star chooses him at the SkyWorld…

“This isn’t the time!”

He said to himself avoid thinking why he can hear it with no one chooses hm in the first place, leaving the cafeteria and runs as fast as he can, to a direction he felt he should go to…as a protector of a prophecy

Stopping at a corridor inside the school building he look left and right it was empty, but he did hear a knocking and someone yelling “anyone please, open the door” at the last door over there which belongs to the restrooms from the sign. He runs to it, and once he touched the door it got opened from inside before he even turns the knob…

“What...”

Before he could wonder why, he froze seeing the face of the one locked inside coming out fast from there, the other who was scared of something no doubt look at him with a relieved face “Yeonjun, it’s you” And even hugged him hiding his face in his shoulder

Yeonjun was shocked,  wait…he should protect him? HIM? From what? Wait why him? What is going on? Why he just knew about it? This giant Rabbit…oh wait, Somehow, he always needs to protect a rabbit in the voids he failed at! It was that obvious that he did look like one for him…

 

But the fact no one know about it…

 

he always fails in purpose…

 

*Sniff*

 

Yeonjun hear the crying sniff coming from his roommate that why he hid his face immediately, he took his hands and put one on Soobin back, and another at his head patting his hair and hugging him back “it’s okay, am here” he said knowing whatever happen to him it must be related to demons, fact whatever he went through till now it was related to demons… so this time he should succeed at protecting him from whatever going on with him… and not fail because it is not an animal, this time it is a human.

 

But…

 

Should he tell him?

 

Or he should protect him in silence?

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

“You feeling better now?” Yeonjun asked eating his food at the cafeteria, even with demons or prophecy around nothing can stop him from eating the food!

“Yeah! I don’t know how the door didn’t want to be opened till you came, sorry I got panicked”

“It is fine, if I were you, I would do worse” Yeonjun said trying to wait till Soobin open up for him and tell him everything is going on with him, the guy must be going through a lot, and a sudden ‘don’t worry I came from the sky to protect you and stay next to you for your whole life! But I came illegally so I can disappear anytime’ is something need to come along slowly or Soobin would think even the heavens is abandoning him at this point.

“Thank you”

Yeonjun shake his head “no need to thank me, we are friends now!”

He saw Soobin looking at him little happy after saying that

“Come on I asked you that since day one, you ignored me!” Yeonjun pouted with a full mouth

“Sorry…”

“It is fine, I don’t have a close friend either, am talking to everyone and it kind of tiring, but I will be happy if we become close since we are roommates” Yeonjun said throwing he will be around him in another way “so be aware if am near that much”

“I…don’t mind” Soobin said a little embarrassed “I don’t have friends at all, they think am a weirdo is that okay with you?”

“I don’t think you are, and trust me if you stick with me, I will let you have more friends than you can imagine as an introvert”

Soobin flashed a shy smile

“I don’t have any classes after, and I don’t have any club activities can I join your class? You want to sit together?” Yeonjun said with a smile and Soobin shrugs at as an answer of ‘do whatever you like’

 

As he said Yeonjun did go with him in the evening classes, first they got the glare from the student since the most popular and the least one is sitting together? But no one cannot talk back with Yeonjun if he did first so they even sit next to them at the end of the day

 

“Yeonjun goodnight!”

Yeonjun waved goodbye to the guys that were along with them

“You also Soobin, nice to meet you again”

Soobin looks at the guy confused he smiled and reply with a shy “me too”

Going back to the dorms Yeonjun was keeping his smile in silently

“Why are you so silent?” Soobin had to ask since usually he would be so talkative

“Am just happy” He honestly said

“Why?”

“Because it’s just day one of us to be officially friends and you make other friends fast! In no time I will be the extra trust me”

Soobin looks at him with a serious face “you are not an extra”

“Emm… remember when you said you have your own story?”

“Yea…?”

“I think I get what you said now, you are the main character, am the extra” Yeonjun know that is actually the thing written in the prophecy, the protector is someone who should make prophecy life go smoothly,

“Ya! Don’t say that” Soobin said little angry even if he knew he tried to be friend with him because of his selfish need but now he didn’t like that when Yeonjun said it loud

“It’s okay, I like the role, extra are good allies, they provide support, and every main character get developed by interacting with them, today I saw that develop”

“Stop it” Soobin looked down very bothered

“Why? Because they disappear and no one remember them when the story goes on?”

“Stop it” Soobin didn’t like the idea of disappearing at all

“Am joking” Yeonjun take out his tongue jokingly

“I don’t like it” Soobin said moving faster like he want to leave alone

“Why it’s fun to imagine things, come on” Yeonjun walked behind him “wait for meeeeee”

 

 

 

***-***-***-***-***-***

 

 

Days have passed and the two did get along so closely, and rarely to be seen apart, Yeonjun was aware to use all of his senses to stay alert if anything tried to approach his prophecy, but till today nothing went around him, and he didn’t meet anything making him wonder if there are demons in this world or not??

 

In a one night he went to take a shower first, he finished looking at himself in the mirror “Yeonjun what if they corrected the mistake and I went back, will you be a good friend to Soobin?” he wonders if this guy he is possessing is a perfect candidate to stop Soobin from being so depressed, he knows that no one will believe him he is seeing demons but a friend that can match the craziness and stick with him would be a good relieve no?

 

*Knock**Knock*

 

He heard someone knocking in the door room, he went fast to take his clothes to put them on and go out but before he can do anything he heard the door getting open and Soobin speaking…

 

“Dad?”

“Soobin, I came for a fast visit, I heard you acted so weirdly again at the first day of school”

 

Yeonjun just let them have privacy since it is his father, but for sure he listens to the conversation

 

“It was at the first day, it been a week now” Soobin voice was little different

“DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO CONTROL YOURSELF, THIS IS THE LAST SCHOOL ACEEPTING YOU”

“Dad! I was…

“AREN’T YOU COMING BACK TO YOUR SENSE, DO YOU WANT TO END UP IN A MENTAL HEALTH HOSPITAL?”

“I don’t…

“IF I EVER AGAIN HEAR YOU SEE THINGS OR HURT YOURSELF, I SWEAR ON YOUR DEAD MOTHER GRAVE I WILL TAKE YOU THERE, I DON’T WANT OUR FAMILY FUTUR TO BE DESTROYED BY YOUR CRAZINESS, THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING”

 

Feeling the urge to hit who ever is outside Yeonjun take a towel to put it on faster than his clothes and open the bathroom door and look at the father with a glare of ‘get out or I will kill you’ but he calmed himself seeing Soobin sad face “It’s time for you to leave”

“Who are you to tell me so?”

“Am someone who doesn’t give a if you are older, but I will punch you in the face if you said another word to hurt him”

“Yeonjun, he is my father, please respect him!” Soobin said defending his father for sure

“a disrespected kid, don’t you have parents?” that man said in anger

“No, I never had, and seeing how you treat your son am happy I haven’t!”

The father takes out a mocking laugh, looking at his son, “I see you made weird friends like you, congrats keep it low like this week or I will do what I said”

 With that the father left.

Yeonjun slammed the door behind in anger “Oh I met him for a second and I thought of 100 ways to wipe him from this universe and all the other universes” he looks at Soobin who was smiling at him “what?”

“Nothing”

“Sorry he is your father”

“It’s fine I deeply wanted to say the same”

The two kept looking at each other “what again?”

“Yeonjun”

“Yes?”

“Your clothes”

Yeonjun look at himself and saw himself with just a towel “what I saw yours! it is fine!”

“YA, YOU DIDN’T EVEN TAKE MY PERMISION” Soobin turns red immediately

Yeonjun smirk “are you shy? You got embarrassed?”

Soobin turns around heading to his bed with “I go sleep” hiding under the blanket

Yeonjun who didn’t feel embarrassed at all was laughing at how cute he was acting so shy. "humans"

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

That night Yeonjun who was still awake, and didn’t sleep yet, heard Soobin voice calling from his bed

“Yeonjun are you awake?”

Yeonjun acted like he is a sleep because he just wanted to be playful and say a ‘WAA’ and prank him but Soobin hearing no reply he whispered what in his heart

“I really want to show you how grateful I am for you being around, what my father said about me seeing things is true, you can call me crazy all those who I made as friends before did call me that too and left… I don’t want to get attached to you any longer if you will leave eventually like them…”

 He stopped and definitely peaked to see if Yeonjun sleeping or not

“I see things, things want to possess my body, and other things just want to kill me… but since you came around, all of that disappear they were running away whenever you are here, so I followed you around to have a peaceful day, I know I am selfish because I wanted you to be close so I can live peacefully, but I don’t want our relation to be built on that. if you don’t want to be friend with me anymore after this am fine with it, I understand, but just know am thankful to you”

Yeonjun heard a shuffling and the silence came back to the room, he knows Soobin must be so embarrassed to take out what in his heart, but he was waiting it too, to tell him everything and since he opens up to him, he should too…

 

*thump* *thump*

 

Yeonjun felt his heart going to be taken out from him…