Chapter 4

Hello! falling star

Chapter 4: Countless night through the wind and rain, there is nothing to lean on…

txt : free falling

 

 

 

First day in the new school –

 

“Choi Soobin, right? here is your keys, last staircase 3rd floor”

 

I arrived at the evening, this is the last school accepting me, all the things been said about me isn’t true, even if I speak the truth, all I will get is denial, been called crazy, so what the point of telling the truth, let them think whatever... because am tired of explaining my self over and over to always find a wall slowly been built between me and others

 

He walked with his bags to his assigned room, room number 198, he opened the locked room, and went to see the new roommate sleeping half on the bed.

 

He will be another victim to my ‘craziness’ for sure, just like all the others who start with trying to be close but goes miles away when seeing the truth, scared they will believe, or scared they will be hurt, or scared to be called like me while freinding me… but at the end they all deny, they all broke the promise of let be friends…”

 

He put his bags near the bed when the curtains start blowing, he walked to close them but find the window is already closed… he breath a cold breath, feeling the chills in the room, he saw a shadow with no body been created under the window wall getting bigger and bigger.

He steps back, and jumps on his bed looking at the shadow getting closer and closer… his body start to tremble knowing that thing wanting no good… he saw the shadow reflection on the ground taking out a hand, that hands went all the way to the bed

...it’s just a dream, nothing there" are the words I kept telling myself…"

 

When the shadow reaches his hand, he felt something touched his arm in real, he immediately backed up scared to the corner of the bed, hugging his knees and closing his eyes and start crying with...

Nothing there, nothing there…”

But he heard that shadow whispering…

 

Give up don’t put up a fight…

 

“What was that?”

Whatever was there suddenly disappeared in a second, hearing the boy next to him waking up saying that, he saw him stretching his arms and standing looking at him, their eyes met when he said waving to him…

“Ow, hi am Yeonjun, let be friends”

 

The same promise again… the promise that won’t last a second knowing something is wrong with him”

 

He ignored him, and hid under his blanket, wanting to sleep and escape from all of this.

 

Second day in class –

What is all this? even I don’t know, monsters, demons, aliens, but I learned that some I can easily hurt, but some I can’t even touch or fight especially those who came out in the night, I start seeing those things in my last birthday 3 months ago, since that day I been living in hell, running, fighting, doing everything to just survive… I loved my life before and am not willing to give up on it because of all this, I want to live more, I want to have a family with someone who will love me… I want to fall in love in the youth time… if I will survive...”

 

He was sitting on the class trying to focus when he starts to hear a little laugh, he looks around but nothing was there, he felt something touching his legs when he looks down a little thing that have no face except a mouth smiling at him grabbed his arm. Out of fear he just took the pen in his other hand and start hitting the hand touching him aggressively, and lucky this one he could easily hurt till it left on it own.

When he looks up, he saw all the class looking at him, he took a new pen and just acted like nothing happened.

The next class was peaceful in away, nothing bothered him, and that rarely to happen, he looks around and saw that roommate looking at him with a smile, he ignored him and look at the teacher, thinking if he didn’t get it when he ignored him first in the room, that he doesn’t want any friends

 

 

Second day late night in the dorm –

 

He entered the room feeling tired, he like it when he is tired, he just falls asleep and nothing else, which make him think if all he sees is hallucination when he is awake? He took a shower and went directly to sleep skipping the homework.

after little while....

He felt a cold breeze waking him up, he frowns wanting to turn to his other side but he glanced something in the room, he opens his eyes widely seeing something in an all-black fog and too tall to be called human standing near the window. He jumped to a sitting position immediately…

 

Give up…

 

“Yes, this kind that I can’t even handle, I keep running away or going to a crowded place to maybe it will leave me alone, sometime it works and sometimes it won’t making the people sees me as a crazy person”

 

That thing spoked going to him in a blink of an eye, he stands from the bed wanting to run away, but it grabbed his hand and somehow, he couldn’t control his own hand, like it was belonging to that thing and starts shocking him carrying him up from the ground…

He starts getting out of breath when even his feet weren’t touching the ground, he starts hitting his own arm with his other free hand, doesn’t care if it actually his own arm or not…

But a sudden key got into the room door hole, making that thing leave everything and disappeared through the window.

He falls with a loud thud on the ground, trying to breathe again, he felt that roommate coming asking him, and getting shocked when he saw his neck, but of course, it is his own hand who did that, feeling so bad of no one ever believed him, when he is going through this every time...

“Did you shock yourself?”

He heard the statement, but he just wanted to defend himself even if it for the last time… he desperately said

“it’s not me…it’s not me…”

But his brain betrayed him, and went in a full blackout.

 

 

 

Next morning –

 

He opened his eyes, looking at the ceiling of his room, pushing himself up, he felt the pain in his arm that he was hitting so hard yesterday, but a cold tissue falls down from his head into his lap

“I had a fever?”

He wonders looking at the empty room, he looks at his arms and it had a bandage on the injured area, he touched his neck and it was also having a patch.

“Did he...”

He takes a look at his clothes and they were not the same as he had, not seeing his face that went full red from the embarrassment of the idea that the roommate he ignored actually took care of him and even change his clothes, he hid his face in the blanket kicking it many times

“Why I fainted why, why, why…” He stopped for a moment thinking of that roommate, for two times whatever he is there the things run away? They never run away, they usually give up, but…

“what are you saying Soobin” He wonder if he is this lonely to think of a fake hope like this…