Chapter 9

My Realistic Fantasy

     The summer sun shone on my face and I tried to mask my terror. I didn't have to look back to know she was behind me. I tried, I really did, to pretend everything was OK and I was having fun at the night Eunmi so painstakingly planned for us. The truth was, everything was anything but OK. I was terrified. Evil was lurking everywhere and they wanted to hurt me. Shadows without people were everywhere in the restaurant, slime was slowly making its way towards us, she was cackling and mocking me. Nothing was OK.

"You are such a terrible person Minji, you are very evil." She said calmly and mockingly.

"Please leave me alone." I moaned. Henry, who had his arm around my shoulder, looked over at me. I just shook my head at him. I quickly learned that no one else could see her or this evil that lurked everywhere. No one was safe and I couldn't tell anyone because they did not believe me. Henry moved his arm down to my waist and pulled me closer to his side. It was reassuring, just a little.

"You must get away from him Minji, you don't want to contaminate him with your evil." She said to me like a teacher would to a kindergarten child. I immediately flinched away from him. He looked at me and his eyes told me he was in pain but he loosened his grip on me. I felt guilty, I wanted to be near him, it made me feel better. I smiled at the jokes Eunmi made and I laughed when Hyunki teased Jihae but all was not well. We were all in danger.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." I heard from my left and looked over. Kyuhyun had arrived and my terror heightened. This was just one more person in danger, why was he here? Why were any of us here? We were going to die. However, I did notice that the slime was slowly retreating and she had nothing to say for once. When I looked back, she was gone. I breathed a sigh of relief and realized the entire atmosphere of the group relaxed. Was I that obvious even though I desperately tried to hide it? I watched as Kyuhyun pecked Eunmi's cheek and I giggled. They were so cute.

“It's so hot outside, why are you wearing long pants?” Kyuhyun asked as he wrapped his arm around Eunmi. This stupid kid just had to point things out didn't he?

“I think it's cold.” I sniffed as I crossed my arm. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while Henry just chuckled. Henry started playing with the bracelets on my arm and my whole body tingled whenever his hand touched my skin. He pulled back one bracelet and he saw the scar on my wrist and gasped, pulling his hand away. This slight gesture made everyone look at the two of us. I quickly pulled my hand away and scooted a little further away. Kyuhyun glared at Henry while everyone else just looked at him with curious eyes.

“I”m gonna go to the bathroom.” I told everyone and got up. I heard Kyuhyun excuse himself too but didn't pay a lot of attention. I had to make sure I wasn't standing in the spotlight. We got into the hall before Kyuhyun grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him.

“What do you want?” I asked, annoyed. I hate it when people just push me around like this.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Is everything fine?” Kyuhyun started asking and I just rolled my eyes. He was the only one that knew about my little...self-abuse habit.

“Kyu, Henry would never hurt me. I'm fine, everything is fine.” I tried reassuring him.

“I don't like this. Minji, he's not good enough for you.” He said, seriousness heavy in his voice.

“Wh-what do you mean?” I asked, frustration eating at my insides.

“He can't take care of you, he can't handle things, he won't be able to take care of you Minji.” Kyuhyun hissed through clenched teeth. I felt my blood boil. At this point, I didn't care if I knew the man in front of me since childhood. Who was he to tell me what my boyfriend could and could not do?

“Kyuhyun, I know you're worried but everything is just fine. I don't need you to worry about me, I don't need, nor do I want, you to tell me what Henry is capable and what he is incapable of. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to use the restroom and I believe the group is waiting for you.” I said a little harshly. Pain flashed through Kyuhyun's eyes and he shook his head as he made it back to the table. As soon as he left, the fear came crawling back into me. Just ignore it Minji, just ignore it. I covered my eyes with my hands. If you can't see her, she can't see you. I stood in the hall and waited for five minutes before walking back out. I told the group I wasn't feeling to well and they should just go have fun without me. Eunmi decided she wanted to spend some quality time with me so Kyuhyun and Henry walked us back and then they left to do who-knows-what.


 


 

     Everything was quiet except for the shower which was currently running because of Eunmi. I was rocking back and forth. There are bad people out there and they want to hurt me. They are standing at the window and waiting for me to fall asleep. They are out to get me. I must kill people to protect myself.

Minji, are you okay?” I could barely hear Eunmi but when I did, it snapped me out of these thoughts.

Yeah, fine. What do you want to do?” I asked her.

Girl stuff. We haven't done anything for ages.” She said as she flopped onto her bed.

That's 'cuz you're too occupied with Kyuhyun.” I teased, she just glared at me.

Minji?” She asked while staring at the ceiling, I just stared at her.

Yeah?”

How much do you like Henry?” Her question surprised me.

What kind of a question is that?” I asked while letting out a nervous laugh.

A question I want answered.” She flipped over to her side and propped her head up with her hand. Her eyes were demanding.

I like him a lot.” I told her simply.

What if he left you?” She asked and I felt worried. Was he going to leave me?

What do you mean 'what if he left you?'” I asked.

I mean what would you do if he left you?”

I don't know what I would do. Cry my heart out? Become depressed? I don't know.” I told her and didn't want to think about the day Henry and I walked down separate paths.

How much do you like Kyuhyun?” I asked her, pulling her into the spotlight.

Not as much as you like Henry.” She stated quickly.

What makes you say that?” I asked as I lay down onto my bed.

I don't know, I just don't feel like I like him as much as you like Henry.” She said quietly.

Mm.” was the only thing I said in response. I heard her yawn.

Good night Minji.” She said before rolling over.

Good night.” I said before going into a fetal position and shaking with fear. I was afraid of closing my eyes. If I closed them, I might see things I don't want to see. If don't close them, I will see things I don't want to see. But exhaustion won the battle and I felt myself loosing conscientiousness.


 

     I looked to my right and there she was, full body and everything. Her long hair moved with the direction of the breeze, her angular face flawless, her smoldering eyes suffocating me. She was wearing a white dress that went down to the ground but I could see she was barefoot. Fear overcame me and I looked desperately for a way out.

You can't run from me Minji. You can never run away from me.” She whispered as she moved closer to me. My whole body froze. Why did she want to hurt me? Why was I her target? Why was she doing this to me?

I want you to watch as I tear him apart.” She said and pointed at a body tied to one of the dead trees. I walked up closer and choked down a scream. It was Henry. She slowly went over and grabbed his neck, forcing him to look at me.

N-no. Please, don't.” I choked on my words and barely got them out. Henry looked at me with fear in his eyes. She twisted his arm and a horrendous pop rang in the air. Henry cried out in pain as she broke his arm. Tears flowed endlessly from my eyes and I suppressed a scream. Why was she doing this? My tears only made her laugh as she continued to break every bone in his body.

No, no, no, no, no! Stop!” I yelled as she gripped his head.

I can't hear you, what did you say?” She asked in her overly sweet voice.

I said-” but I never got to finish. She twisted his head and the most horrible sound I've ever heard in my life rang in my ears. A lifeless Henry fell to the ground as the ropes around him loosened.

Too late.” She said with a smirk of satisfaction. I ran to Henry and pulled his body into my lap and cried.

WHY DID YOU DO THIS?” I yelled at her. She grabbed my hair and forced me to look into her eyes.

Because you are very evil and you don't deserve happiness.” She said quietly before cackling and walking away. I screamed at the gray sky.

Minji! Minji wake up!” I jolted awake and was panting. I looked and found myself facing Eunmi. I was sweating and my ears were ringing.

Minji, are you okay? What happened?” She asked me, concern growing in her eyes.

I just had a very bad dream.” I said, still gasping for air.

I could see that. What was it about?” She asked but the thought of it made me shudder.

I, I don't want to talk about it.” I told her before laying down and turning to face the wall. I heard Eunmi crawl back into her bed. Only when her breathing got heavier did I turn to face her.

I'm sorry Eunmi, but I just don't trust you and I can't tell you. I'm so sorry.” I whispered before falling back into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Finally updated!

So I was going to last week...but then I got sick. Here it is! I hope I don't dissapoint.

@lilcandycane, ewitsmaryy and, music4life92 I'm glad you find this interesting, thanks! Please, let me know what you like and dislike. I love feedback.I hope you will support this story till the end!