Chapter 5

My Realistic Fantasy

     I woke up on the floor and was really confused when last nights events flooded back in to my head I actually came home at a decent time, I got back at eleven after a walk with Henry. I groaned as I remembered coming home to a passed out Eunmi and a trashed up dorm which I had feared. I remembered picking things up and was sweeping the floor when I just got too tired and resorted to laying on the floor rather than my bed. I winced as the soreness flooded through my body. I went to wake up a snoring Eunmi while stretching my back.

 

Eunmi-ah, time to wake up.” I told her as I looked at the time. Nine-thirty.

 

Go away, I'm ditching.” She mumbled into the carpet. I chuckled.

 

You're gonna fail if you keep ditching. But you might be off the hook this time because there are no classes to ditch.” I told her with a smug smile. She looked up and glared at me.

 

I hate you. Why can't I sleep more?” She asked me as she rolled onto her back placing her arms across her eyes.

 

Because you'll end up sleeping late and then waking up late and then you'll probably ditch on Monday.” I told her as I opened up the curtains, allowing the sunlight to pour in.

 

Speaking of being staying up late, when did you get home?” She asked me as she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

 

Eleven. I'm surprised you were asleep when I got in.” I told her as I started to make the beds. I don't know why they were so messy seeing neither of us slept on them.

 

No cafe is open till eleven, what were you doing?” She asked me as she just sat there.

 

I was walking.” I told her. “Go clean yourself up, you've got drool marks on your chin.” I told her, which was a lie. I just didn't want to deal with her prying. It worked though, she ran into the bathroom and the faucet was running. I smiled to myself and shook my head as I fixed up the rest of the room. It looked clean again and I plopped down onto the floor, leaning against my bed. I was looking down at my hands but I couldn't shrug the feeling that someone was watching me. I looked up and found myself looking into a pair of eyes. They weren't eyeballs, they were eyes that belonged to a face. Only problem was, I couldn't see the rest of the face. I could only see the eyes, I could see eyelids, eyelashes, and eyebrows. It's as if someone had put a veil on to hide everything else .I wanted to look away but I was in. They were dark amber around the pupils but as you go to the most outer rim of the iris, the color changed from dark brown to black. I felt like I was suffocating just by looking into those eyes.

 

Hi Minji.” I heard a voice say. It was sweet, too sweet. Her voice was disgustingly sweet and it made me feel nauseous. I tried shaking my head to clear it out but when I opened my eyes, her's were still there.

 

Minji? Where'd you put my brush?” I heard Eunmi ask.

 

On-on the top of your dresser.” I forced out. It was getting to hard to breathe. When Eunmi walked into the room I was able to break away from the stare. When I looked back, the eyes that had appeared, vanished. I started gasping as air finally flowed through my nostrils and into my lungs. Eunmi cocked her head to the side as she looked at me.

 

Are you ok?” She asked, worry painted all over her face.

 

Yeah, I'm fine.” I told her as I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head. When my head cleared, I looked back at her and smiled.

 

Whatever you say.” She said, not believing me at all. “So what were you doing yesterday?” She asked. I gave an exasperated sigh. I did not want to deal with this right now.

 

I went to a cafe and then I went on a walk.” I told her simply, avoiding all eye contact.

 

No Minji. What were you really doing?” She asked.

 

I met up with Henry at the cafe and we went on a walk.” I told her.

 

That changes things.” She told me. I rolled my eyes at her as she sat across from me.

 

Who's this Henry kid?” She asked me.

 

Henry Lau? He's a Freshman at Pusan Nation University.” I told her. She just shrugged her shoulders.

 

Don't know him.” She told me. I raised an eyebrow at her.

 

Obviously not.”

 

Is he your boyfriend?”

 

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped which formed into a smile. “No, he's not. We're just friends and we just met.” I told her.

 

Whatever.” She said. I rolled my eyes again.

 

So what are you doing today?” She asked me as she lay on her bed.

 

I am going to do my homework and then I'm going to waste time on the internet.” I told her as I started to pull my books out.

 

Didn't you do homework yesterday.” I only blushed at her question.

 

I was a little...distracted.” I told her as I pulled out the first book and looked at the assignment before filling out the worksheet. I could hear her giggle but other than that, she left me alone. Finally, some quiet time and I might actually be able to finish everything today.

 

†††

 

Lee Minji! You better open this door right now!!” I heard Kyuhyun yell and I started cracking up. Eunmi went to go open the door but I slammed myself against it, holding it there.

 

God, Minji! Why are you so heavy?” Eunmi asked as she tried to open the door. I plastered a fake look of hurt.

 

That was very offensive.” I told her and crossed my arms.

 

MINJI! OPEN THE DOOR!” Kyuhyun yelled. Uh-oh. Someone's angry. I quickly ran to the bathroom but wasn't quick enough. Kyuhyun caught my elbow and spun me around.

 

I'm sorry...” I mumbled but I didn't mean it and he knew it. I looked at his soaking appearance and burst into fits of giggles.

 

You find this funny?” He asked, anger seeping through his words but his eyes were playful. I shrunk back and shook my head.

 

You're a liar.” He told me as he revealed a water bottle behind him, his eyes gleaming evilly. I started squealing. I struggled against his arms, trying to get out of his grasp. I somehow got out only to find that his hands were replaced by Eunmi's. He opened the bottle as Eunmi helped him pin me down and he dumped the whole thing on me.

 

Pay back.” He said with a smirk. I just glared at Eunmi and Kyu.

 

Why are you helping him?!” I shouted at Eunmi and pouted. She was suppose to be on my side, not his.

 

Because whatever makes you mad makes me happy.” She said with a smile. I just glared at her. I heard my phone vibrate against the desk and opened the message.

 

To: Minji

From: Henry

 

Hey u free? If so, wanna get some ice cream?

 

I smiled at the text.

 

To: Henry

From: Minji

 

Sounds good! When and where should I meet you?

 

I started pushing Kyuhyun out of the room once when Henry told me to meet him in ten minutes at the ice cream store two blocks from the school.

 

Why are you kicking me out?” He whined.

 

Because I have to wipe up the mess you made in here plus I need to change.” I told him while pushing him. It wasn't working, he wasn't moving at all.

 

I don't want to leave.” He pouted. Eunmi started helping me and he was finally moving.

 

Too bad.” I told him as I shoved him out and closed the door.

 

I clapped my hands together and went to my dresser. I pulled out a pair of faded, skinny jeans and a loose, floral tank-top. I quickly slipped on my flip-flops and brushed my wet hair up into a messy bun before grabbing my bag.

 

Where are you going?” Eunmi asked as she watched me change.

 

Out.” I told her. She blocked the door.

 

With Henry?” She asked. She was not going to let me leave if I didn't give her an answer.

 

Yes, with Henry. Can I go now?” I asked her, growing impatient. She just stared me down and I crossed my arms while tapping my foot. She just chuckled before moving out of the way.

"Thank you." I yelled as I ran down the hall and to the ice cream shop.

 

Henry was waiting there with a red-and-white stripped shirt, jeans, and a cap slanted to the side. I gasped as I took him in. I couldn't believe how good the kid looked before I bounded up to him.

 

Took you long enough.” He said teasingly.

 

Hey, I'm on time, ok?” I snapped. He just smiled at me.

 

     Time always passes by too quickly with Henry. Before I knew it, the manager was kicking us out of the shop because it was closing time. We went to a nearby park and he made me feel so out of shape. He stole my flip-flop while I was swinging and then he threw it as far as he possibly could. When I finally came back with it, I realized that he had took off with my bag. He was “hiding” behind a tree and I had to chase him down to get him back. That was not a pleasant experience. I hate running with a burning passion and he kept sprinting everywhere. I finally caught him from the back when he tripped on something, causing us to fall down. I got up quickly, embarrased and dusted myself off. I helped him up and he returned my bag. When I finally had all my belongings, I was panting while he was just laughing at me. I glared at him and he immediately stopped but he was obviously trying to hold it in.

 

You. Are. A. Very. Mean. Person.” I told him in between pants. He just smiled his cute smile so that his eyes were closed and his dimples were showing. It was dark out but a nearby street lamp gave the air a light glow.

 

I should head back home.” I told him as I broke eye-contact, blood creeping into my cheeks.

 

I'll walk you to the gates.” He told me before grabbing my wrist. We started walking and I noticed that he hadn't let go of me yet, this just made me blush even harder.

 

     I walked into the dorm and found a somewhat annoyed Eunmi glaring at me. Her eyes obviously demanded to know what happened throughout the day but I was not really in the mood to tell her. I was still glowing from the events moments before. I dismissed her prying eyes by pretending not to see them. I crawled into bed after changing into shorts and was about to fall asleep when I heard Eunmi start talking to me.

 

Are you still mad at me?” She asked me. I rolled on to my side so I could see her.

 

No, why would I be mad?” I asked her, completely confused.

 

I thought you would be mad because I sided with Kyuhyun.” She said, talking about the water incident.

 

No, I was only joking.” I told her before rolling back onto my back.

 

Do you want to know why I did though?” She asked, the embarrassment thick in her voice.

 

Why?” I asked her although I'm pretty sure I knew.

 

I kindda like him.” She said and I could almost hear her blush. I just chuckled.

 

I know.” I told her before snuggling deeper into my covers. “Good night.” I told her before closing my eyes.

 

     The same path again. How many times will I have to walk down this way? How many times do I have to see that pit? I started walking again. The pit came into view a lot faster. In fact, it was almost doubled in size. I had a feeling that someone was watching me and found myself gazing into those same amber eyes. For once, I could actually speak.

 

Who are you?” I asked. I could hear her cackle and I shrank back.

 

Me? Oh, we'll be real close real soon Minji.” She said and just through her eyes, I could tell she was smiling evilly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Violet_Agma705: Thank you so much! Your comment just motivated me a lot. I'm glad you like the story and I really hope you stay with it.

      <3 ss_strawberry56