Chapter 14

My Realistic Fantasy

 

"We're going to keep you here for a couple days just so we can monitor you." The nurse said with a kind smile.

 

Right, because I'm a freak.

 

"Lies, all lies. The never want you to leave. You should've listened to me." She whispered into Minji's ears.

 

Please leave me alone. Please.

 

Minji just gave the nurse a weak nod.

 

"Your parents will be here shortly too." The nurse told her. Minji felt the little color drain from her face.

 

"Look at what you did, you idiot! You are such a disappointment! How can you even face your parents in this state?" She accused.

 

Minji tried to ignore her, but how can you ignore someone who was force feeding you the painful truth?

 

"Stop, please stop." Minji whispered.

 

"Excuse me?" The nurse asked, confused.

 

"What? Did I hurt your feelings? Come on Minji. Why can't you even take care of yourself? You are such a worthless piece of . You can't stay in school, you have to take medicine, you can't even listen to directions properly. Why can't you just accept the fact that you're not cut out for living?"

 

"Stop it! Leave me  alone! Stop!" Minji screamed as she thrashed her arms around, trying to hit the woman.  She just smirked as she stood just out of reach from her grasp. Minji howled in frustration.

 

"Why? Why am I always just a little bit shy from meeting my goals? Why can't she stop taunting me? Why can't she find someone else to terrorize? Why me?" Minji saw movement out of the corner of her eye and immediately grabbed onto the arm.

 

"No, she's trying to hurt me. They know, I'm in so much trouble now, they know. Destroy all evidence, destroy all evidence." Minji grabbed the glass cup from her bedside and raised it above her head. Just then, the nurse injected something into her arm.

 

"No, no, no. It's all over. They found out and now they're going to kill me. Somebody help me! Anybody!" Minji screamed. But it was no use. She could feel herself beginning to lose energy and her eyelids beginning to droop. "Please, save me." She whimpered before she lost all vision.

 

Minji woke up walking down a dark path.

 

Not this again.

 

She didn't fight it this time. She walked down, already knowing what to expect at the end.

 

"So, here we are again Minji." She said as she stepped into view. "Why are you always fighting me? Don't you understand? I am what's best for you. I know what's best for you. I don't understand why you can't just listen to me."

 

"If you are what's best for me, why do I always end up at the hospital because of you?"

"It's because you are a little piece of who doesn't know how to handle anything. You want to know why you're the one who ends up in the hospital? It's because you are weak. Everyone else has just as many sick thoughts as you do except they can keep it in their heads. You feel the need to shout at me. Everyone else knows how to control themselves. You are too weak to. Which is why you end up in the hospital." She snarled.

 

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Minji shouted back.

 

"Oh come on, you know it's true. You keep thinking denying the truth is going to change your situation. Are you blind? Look at yourself, you are hopeless and worthless. You can't do anything right. You might as well just stop existing. No one wants you. You are a disgrace and a disappointment to your family, you are nothing but a burden to Kyuhyun, and you are a failure to yourself because you can't even act normal without help. Think about it Minji. You don't belong here." She echoed as Minji felt herself beginning to leave the wretched place. Only, she knew that there was no difference because reality was just as bad as her nightmares.

 

Minji stirred when she felt something poking her cheek. What the heck? Stop! Except felt like it was sewed shut and her eyelids were to heavy to open. After what felt like an hour, Minji finally blinked open her eyes and was able to glare at who ever decided to make her cheeks their new play thing.

 

"Minkyung?" Minji asked, bewildered. What was her five year old brother doing here?

"Noona! You're finally awake! You know, I thought you were never going to wake up because we have been here for HOURS and nurse said you were just tired but I didn't believe her because you normally don't sleep that long and you're a light sleeper so I was surprised when you didn't wake up when you heard us but now you're awake!" Her brother rumbled.

 

"Oh my gosh this twit is so annoying, shut him up!" She complained from the corner. Minji tried to disregard the hurtful comment.

 

"How are you? What have you been up to?" She asked her brother.

 

"Well I started school and to be honest, it isn't as fun as I thought it would be. And then I started to miss you and I don't know why you never called because I really really wanted to talk to you about my first day but you weren't home!" Minji grimaced at this statement, guilt washing over her. "But then we just got a call that said you were at the hospital and that we needed to come over which I am perfectly fine with because I want to see you. When are you gonna be better? When you do get better, can you play with me again? I miss you." Her brother begged with his big brown eyes.

 

"Dear Lord, if you don't shut him up, I will." She whined from behind.

 

"Don't you dare touch him!" Minji roared at her. Minji heard Minkyung whimper from behind her.

 

"Noona, who are you talking to? There's no one there." He stated from behind. Minji's eyes opened in horror as a grin found its way onto her face.

 

"See? I told you. You don't belong here. You don't belong anywhere."

 

"No one, Minkyung. Noona wasn't talking to anyone. Are mom and dad here? There's no way you came here by yourself.' Minji said.

 

"Oh, they're here! They just went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. They told me to watch over you and protect you. I'm doing such a good job aren't I?" Minkyung beamed at his older sister.

 

"Minkyung, what time is it? What day is it?" She questioned as she patted his head.

 

"It's almost 11:30. Today is Tuesday. When did you get here?" He asked as he tilted his head to the side.

 

I don't know. When did I get here?

 

Minji ignored his question and just kissed him on the head. "Thanks." Just then her parents walked into the room.

Oh no.

 

Somehow she had ended up behind Minji on the bed and began whispering in her ears. "Do you see how disappointed they are? I told you you were worthless. You don't believe anything I say and I don't know why. I always tell you the truth, even if it hurts. I'm always the one who tells you the truth. You can't trust anyone else." Minji lowered her head as her parents walked up to her bed. Her mom pulled over a chair so that she was facing Minji.

 

"Minji, sweetie, why didn't you tell us anything." She asked carefully. Minji couldn't look into her eyes, couldn't muster the courage to face the disappointment that filled her mother's eyes.

 

"I can take care of myself." She mumbled to herself, not loud enough for anyone to hear except for her. She scoffed, Minji could hear her roll her eyes.

 

"Answer me honey, why didn't you tell us?" Her mother tried again. Minji just raised her head and looked at the clock on the other wall.

 

"Answer your mother, she's talking to you." Her father's deep voice commanded. Minji winced at the loud noise, it wasn't helping with her developing headache at all.

 

"I can take care of myself." She said again, louder so that everyone could hear. Her mother's lips pressed into a hard line, her father's face became red.

 

What did I say wrong?


 

"I told you Hwayoung! You shouldn't have told her that she was on her own! Of course she would take you seriously! Look at how sick she's become and she can't even go to her own parents for guidance because you got mad at her right before she left and told her that she wasn't allowed back." He yelled. Her mother didn't say anything. She just looked down at her hands which were resting on Minji's bed.

 

"Please, please let us know next time. We were so worried about you. Kyuhyun called and said that you were in the hospital and that your condition was getting really bad. He said that you haven't been showing up to class and that you even attacked your roommate. Please let us know if you need anything ok?" Her mother urged, but all

 

Minji could think about was how Kyuhyun was the one who told them.

He betrayed me. He wasn't suppose to say anything and he knew that! He betrayed me1

 

"I'm really tired, can you please leave? I really just want to sleep right now." She told her parents before laying down on her side and facing the only window to the outside in her room.

 

"Honey, you just woke up though." Her mother frowned. How could she be tired already?

 

"Let's go and let her rest. She's been through a lot." Her father said before wrapping his arm around his wife's shoulders and helping her up.

 

"Been through a lot my , she's just weak." She spat at her parents. Minji just glared at her, not finding the energy to argue.. She knew she would lose anyways.

 

"Bye Noona! Feel better soon that way we can play again!" Minkyung chirped. She gave him a venomous glare at the little boy as he bounded out of the room. When the door clicked, she faced Minji.

 

Oh no, why did I send them away?

 

She sat down in the chair that her mother brought, crossing her perfect legs and her perfect arms and examined Minji with a critical gleam in her eyes.

 

"So, Kyuhyun was the one who spilled the beans." She said it like it was question.

 

"You leave him out of this." Minji demanded as she sat up.

 

"Minji, what's going to make you open your eyes? Can't you see he was done with your ? You're nothing but a burden to him and he couldn't even say that to you because of how bad he felt for you. You trusted him and look at what he did." She leaned over Minji, forcing Minji to lay on her back.

 

"You can only trust me." She said with a menacing grin and lunged forward.

 

Minji felt an excruciating pain in her skull.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, as promised, here's the next chapter! This has been...literally forever. I hope you enjoyed it! I actually wasn't going to update this yet but I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow and I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks and since I promised that I would update, here it is! Once agian, thanks to all my subscribers and commenters because without you guys, I probably wouldn't have updated at all. I do plan on finishing this story and I just want to thank all of you who have stuck with me so far. Thank you so much!

-ss_strawberry56