Chapter 13

My Realistic Fantasy

I'm sorry! I'm a stupid author. I didn't really think about how incoherent Minji's thoughts would get as the story progressed. I'm really sorry for changing the point of view to third person. I promise it's to make it clearer for all my fantabulous readers. I'm really sorry for the sudden switch. Please still enjoy the story though!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Minji, this is the fifth time I asked you to focus. If you're not going to learn here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Minji heard fuzzily. Minji looked up and made eye contact with the professor, surprised. He's asking her to leave? Her psych professor? Her favorite professor for her favorite class is asking her to leave. She looked down and nodded as she gathered all my things and put them in her bag. Just as she was heading out the door, she started talking again.

"You can't just let him push you around like that." She told Minji. Oh yes he can, he's my professor.

"You let everyone do this to you, that's what makes you weak." She hissed through her teeth. I'm going to leave, I'm going to leave, sleep well, and be ready for class tomorrow. But there was something that was compelling Minji to stay in the class. She could not move, she was stuck in the doorway. Part of her wanted to turn around and sit right back down, the other part told her she needed to get back to my room-but that part was struggling to hold it's ground. Without even realizing it, Minji found herself back at her desk.

"Minji, I prefer that you didn't disturb our precious time. I asked you to leave." She shook her head. By now she was getting many glares from her fellow classmates and whispers were running through the room. Minji, what the hell do you think you're doing? Get up and get out.

"This why there's something wrong with you Minji. Because every time someone tells you to do something, you do it. You could be so much better than them but you just listen to them like a slave. Now I'm telling you. You're going to stay here and you're going ignore the class and you're going to prove to me that you're stronger than that." She whispered. Minji wanted to hurl. Her scent was sickeningly sweet and it only got worse when she whipped her head around and hit Minji's face with her hair. Minji looked at her too perfect face and watched as her eyes grew, horror evident in them. Minji followed her line of sight and saw the professor coming up to my seat. He grabbed her hand. A scream ripped out of Minji as the professor grabbed her wrist. Minji started to choke, she couldn't breathe. Something, something isn't right. She whipped her head quickly and saw the evil. It's coming for me. Everything was chaotic. The professor was telling her to calm down, Minji was still screaming, and she started pulling at Minji's hair, sending pain all the way down to Minji's toes. The sudden jingling of a bracelet hitting the ground stopped Minji's terror for a second. She watched as the little metal tag on the metal chain drop to the ground. Minji slid down and started rocking back and forth while clutching her knees.

They're out to get me. The higher beings will not like this, oh they will not like this. They'll take me out, they'll gut me, skin me alive, eat me. Ohh, this is not good, this is not good at all.

"Minji, please calm down." The professor said as he helped her up by the elbow and walked her out of class. He glanced at the metal tag that he was looking for and read it.

Patient's Name: Park, Minji

Patient Number: 093152D

Patient's Emergency Contact Info.: Cho, Kyuhyun .....

     He told one of his students to go to the Arts wing and grab the performing arts major before things got even worse. He looked at Minji and was devastated. Minji was gasping and clutching her head. She was also pulling at her hair. The professor did not want to touch her in case of startling her again. The few minutes felt like hours as he watched the twenty-year old groan and mumble.

"Evil goop, pouring, out to get me." Minji mumbled. The psychology professor could only stare at her in despair, wishing he could do something. Finally, the sound of running and panting reached his ears and he looked up. Next to his student was the male that always wanted for Minji after class. Completely ignoring everyone around him, Kyuhyun quickly bent down and started talking to his friend.

"Minji, listen to me. No one's going to hurt you, you're going to be just fine. Okay? Calm down, look at me please." He said worriedly as he looked into her eyes. Minji felt the cloudiness of her thoughts immediately leave her mind and she stared back into Kyuhyun's brown eyes. Her eyes started to brim with tears. She had never been so scared in her life before. She let out a huge gasp, as if she just came out water for air.  She felt the pressure that was building in her chest finally lift and she could finally breathe properly.

"Kyuhyun, please, save me." She croaked as he bent down and picked her up. She clutched his shirt and was crying into his chest, soaking his shirt with her tears. Kyuhyun didn't even look back professor or the student as he made his way to Minji's room.

 

 

 

 

 

     Kyuhyun looked down at his friend and felt tears coming into his eyes. Where did his optimistic, enthusiastic best friend go? He carefully put Minji on her bed and brushed the hair out of her face before sighing. Her psychosis had exhausted her to the point where she fell asleep in Kyuhyun's arms before they even reached the common room. As Kyuhyun pushed himself off the bed, Minji stirred in her sleep. She blinked her eyes, surprised by her surroundings before her eyes widened in terror. She watched Kyuhyun's back reached the door.

"Kyu, don't leave me. I'm scared." Minji whimpered. Her eyes were darting around the room, as if she was waiting for something to burst into the room. Kyuhyun forced his lips into a smile but it didn't reach his eyes. He was so frustrated and angry. Out of everyone in the world, why did it have to be Park Minji? His best friend, the one who had such a shining future that was now gone? He sat himself back on her bed and brushed the hair out of her eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere." Kyuhyun told her.

She grabbed his hand.  Just in case he decides to leaveShe thought before drifting into a dreamless sleep for the first time in weeks.

     Kyuhyun watched Minji's chest rise and fall steadily. His arm was starting to fall asleep and his back hurt from leaning over, so he let go of her hand and walked over to the desk. As he started dragging the chair over, he heard Minji whimpering. Her eyebrows knitted together and she started panting and gasping for air.

"No, no. Please, don't." She mumbled. Kyuhyun quickly placed the chair next to her and sat on it, grabbing her hand again.

"Shh. It's okay. I'm right here. Nothing's going to hurt you." Kyuhyun said soothingly, like he was trying to calm down an injured child. Minji's face relaxed and her breathing was normal again. Kyuhyun only hung his head as he held Minji's hand. Soon, his eyelids started drooping and the world went black.

 

 

     Minji woke up feeling refreshed, the first time in weeks. She tried sitting up but some force was resisting her. Minji started breathing faster, the panic and fear making her shake. They found me. She was ready to scream when she heard something next to her breathe in.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Kyuhyun said groggily. Minji immediately relaxed. She was fine, she was safe. Minji nodded, a genuine smile formed on her face. It felt good to smile, but it's been so long it felt foreign.

"Are your thoughts," Kyuhyun stopped himself. But it was too late. Minji knew what he was asking. She looked away from him at the wall, eyes b with tears. Right, I'm a freak.

"I'm here. Everything's fine. Thoughts are clear." She told him as she looked back at him, blinking back tears and forcing a smile. Kyuhyun didn't say anything.

"I'm need to go to the bathroom, will you be okay if I leave for a little bit?" He asked her cheek, not meeting her eyes. Minji nodded slowly. Kyuhyun smiled at her before getting up and going to the bathroom. Minji closed her eyes and tried to slow down her breathing and her heart rate, counting to ten. When Kyuhyun came out, he did not look happy.

"Minji, where's your medicine?" He asked slowly. Minji curled up into a ball on the bed. He's going to yell at me, he's going to hurt me. She started shaking and the tears came to her eyes. At this rate she was surprised she even had tears left. Kyuhyun noticed his mistake.

"Minji, I'm just curious. I was just wondering." He said before sitting back down, rubbing her back which was now facing him.

"I don't need medicine." She mumbled into the sheets.

Kyuhyun held back a sigh. He rolled his eyes and he was lucky Minji's face was stuck inside a  pillow.

"Minji, you need to take the pills. They'll make you feel better, they really will." Kyuhyun coaxed. Minji sat up and looked at him, eyes wide with surprise.

"Do you think I'm weak? Is that why you're making me take the medicine? Is it because you don't think I'm strong enough to fight this by myself?! Is that what you think?! I don't need help! I don't need anyone's help! Especially not YOURS!!" She yelled. Kyuhyun felt the pain wash over him. This is what the illness did to Minji? His best friend? The optimistic, bubbly, sweet girl? Rage immediately replaced the sadness. He was angry again. Why her? Why now? Out of everyone, why? Kyuhyun didn't say anything to Minji, he just lowered his hands and he stared at his feet.

"No, no, I didn't mean it. Kyu, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. Please, please forgive me. I didn't mean it, I really didn't." Minji begged as she blinked back tears. Kyuhyun looked back up at her and forced a smile. It didn't convince Minji. 

"I'll take the medicine! I really will! I'm sorry for not listening, I'm sorry for being bad." Minji cried desperately as she clung onto Kyuhyun's shirt like her life depended on it.

"It's fine, just go to sleep." Kyuhyun mumbled, not wanting to argue with her. Minji immediately dropped her arms, tucked her knees to her chest, and hugged them.

"I can't. If I fall alseep, they'll be here. They'll catch me." She mumbledShe was surprised to find herself perfectly calm when she said this. Normally she would have been shaking at the mere thought of getting caught, but with Kyuhyun near her, she wasn't so scared anymore. Kyuhyun stood up from his chair.

"Where are you going?" Minji asked, worried he would leave her.

"I'm just gonna go get something that'll keep them from getting to you. It'll keep you safe." Kyuhyun assured her with a gentle smile. Making sure Minji could always see him, Kyuhyun got up and walked into the bathroom, leaving the door open so she could see him. He found the allergy medicine he was looking for in the medicine cabinet and grabbed Minji's water bottle and filled it up. He handed her two pills.

"Here, take this. It'll help you sleep." He said. Minji looked at him before she accepted the pills with shaking hands and swallowed them with a gulp of water. She lay back on the bed, her back facing the wall. She watched as Kyuhyun sat down on the chair and took her hand in his, He drew soothing circles on her palm with his thumb and without even hearing a whisper from her, Minji fell asleep. Kyuhyun left 20 minutes later. His destination was the doctor's office. He was determined to help Minji reach a better condition.

"Just stay asleep long enough for me to get you the pills. You'll get better Minji, I promise." Kyuhyun whispered as he left the room. 

 

Minji wasn't sure how long she had been sleeping but when she woke up, she was terrified. Kyuhyun wasn't next to her, no note, no text, no message, nothing. She was all alone. Worse of all, she had come back. Minji's eyes filled with horror as she watched the slender woman in the white dress materialize on top of her desk.

"Minji, Minji, Minji. Here we are again. How many times do I have to tell you? know what's best for you. I am what's best for you. Why don't you ever listen?"

"No. You're not what's best for me. You want me, I know you do. You want take over my mind and out my soul. You want to take out my heart and feed it to the lions. I won't let you, I can beat you. I'm stronger than you." Minji said shakily as she pressed her back to the wall, trying to get as far away from the suffocating beauty of the other woman. 

"That's where you are wrong. You are weak. I am strong. I will always be stronger than you and you must obey me."  She said before approaching Minji.

 

"One minute!" Eunmi said as she finished typing the last couple words to her paper. She hurried to the door and opened it. Eunmi gasped, surprised to find Minji standing in front of her.

"Minji, hi. Um, come in!" Eunmi said as she invited her in. She did notice something odd about Minji though, the way her eyes were glazed, how she barely responded to Eunmi's voice, the way Minji's face held no expression. Eunmi had to admit, she was really worried. She watched as Minji sat on her desk, her legs swinging to the side. Eunmi sat on the bed facing her.

"So um, how have you been?" Eunmi asked, trying her best not to be awkward in this situation.

"You know you really are pathetic. In fact, I think you're even worse than her." Minji said, smirking. Her voice menacing and sweet and cold. Eunmi shivered.

"Excuse me?" Eunmi said, raising her eyebrows.

"I mean, I thought Minji was pathetic, hanging around that Kyuhyun all the time acting like he's some kind of life savior. It's so annoying. I can never show up with him around and it's oh so frustrating. But here you are, you need Kyuhyun in a different way from Minji. She needs him for her survival but you, you just need him because you want him." Minji said as she picked up the snow globe, turning it and examining it as she spoke. 

Eunmi stared at her. Minji use to be a warm, caring, compassionate person. She would have never said these things and she definiteley would not have spoke in third person. " I don't understand what you're saying." She said, her lips barely moving.

"You sure are stupid. Honestly if you don't understand the sugarcoated words I'll just tell you. You are a terrible person. You see, I hated Minji. I hated her more than I hated anything else and I didn't think I could hate anything else more than i hate her. Do you know why? It's because she's weak. She's weak and she's a failure. She's nothing but a bundle of disappointment. Can't get good grades, can't pay attention in class, can't even go through a day normally if she doesn't take medicine. She can't even think straight if Kyuhyun's not around. But then I met you and I realized I could hate something more than I hated Minji. Minji needs Kyuhyun, but you just want him for your own selfish desires. You don't need him. You want him. You take him away from Minji, you make her worse, you make her weaker. And then, I find myself actually pitying the useless girl which is why I hate you. You make me pity the one thing I hated so therefore-"

"STOP IT! PLEASE, STOP!" Eunmi screamed, putting her hands to her ears. She couldn't stand hearing these hurtful words anymore, couldn't stand being told it was her fault. "Please, please, just stop." Eunmi sobbed as she held her head in her hands. Just then Kyuhyun walked into the room and his eyes widened at what he saw. Eunmi on his left, sobbing her heart out on the bed and Minji laughing as she sat on the desk, leaning back on her hands. 

"Minji, what are you doing here?" Kyuhyun asked carefully. Minji's eyes widned at the sight of him.

"You! You-" but she didn't finish. She didn't finish because Minji blinked a couple times before the glazed look was gone she stared at Kyuhyun with confused eyes. She heard Eunmi's sobs and her eyes widened before her gaze locked with Kyuhyun's.

"Kyu, why am I here?" She asked, fear thick in her voice.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello strangers! Did you miss me? :P 

Hehe, just kidding. Anyways...I kindda lost the motivation to write (obviously)

and I had huge writer's block (also obvious)....but I'm proud to say:

My Realistic Fantasy  is charging full speed ahead

.....except not really....

cuz I have exams in about 3 weeks.

So I really just wanted to update this for you guys

before you guys decided to form some type of

anti-ss_strawberry56 club and decide to go on a rampage

and murder me.....cuz I've been getting requests to update...

and I haven't. But here it is! I've found new ideas and new inspiration 

and you won't be hearing from me for the next month....cuz I'll be cramming and then

being lazy....haha. But anyway, thank you for staying with me for the past half year

with no update and I really just wanted to say:

Thank you so much for still enjoying the story no matter what because without your comments

I wouldn't have updated at all. So here's the update you all were waiting for,

Still a slow build up. But I hope you liked it and I hope I didn't disappoint you.

Once again, thanks to all of you who stayed subscribed!

<3 ss_strawberry56