Chapter 1

My Realistic Fantasy

     I stood in front of the school gates, excitement shaking me. “Are you going to in or just stare at it all day?” the security guard asked. I blushed and bowed my head before shuffling in. Kyunghee University, 6th best in Korea. My goal was Beijing University but when your entrance score is a couple points off, getting in was unquestionable. I didn't really mind though, Kyunghee is really pretty. One main reason why I wanted to go to Beijing University, the Ancient Chinese buildings used as classrooms are pretty cool. I quickly checked the time and my eyes almost popped out of my head. Class was starting in three minutes and I had no idea where mine was! I started running to find my class. I ended up being seven minutes late and received a glare from the teacher. Well, homeroom would be fun for the rest of the year. First day and I already made a bad impression by being late. I apologized for my tardiness and quickly shuffled to the seat the teacher pointed at.

 

     I was majoring in Biology so I looked around me. Although the teacher seemed strict, this may be fun. Tanks filled with aquatic creatures and charts of genetics surrounded the room. He immediately passed out a pre-test to see how much we knew, or remembered, from the past years. I've been reviewing all summer so this should be pretty easy. I felt good about the test and thought I did ok until we passed back the graded work. A big 87% was handed back at me. I checked the paper multiple times to make sure it was actually my paper, which it was. I frowned inwardly. Minji, you can do better than this especially since you studied all of summer.

 

Face it Minji, you just aren't up to this.” A voice chimed. I looked around me but didn't find anything. Gosh, my subconscious is getting the best of me. I need to stop worrying so much. This is just a pre-test, not for a final grade. I'll just study even harder. I looked at what I did and did a mental facepalm. Honestly, why all the brain farts? I had completely messed up the DNA graph because I read the letters wrong. Over that, I screwed up the names of the bones. Why was I so careless?

 

I already said you can't do this, why don't you listen to me?.” That voice chimed again. Yeah, I was a little stupid. I could feel the shame crawl around me. Maybe I should get to bed before 5:00AM tonight. Maybe I would be able to focus if I did that. The teacher collected all the papers back, looked them over and nodded, before he started taking the notes. The whispers didn't come and I wasn't distracted. I popped my neck and made my way to math. I sat there looking at the equations and taking down notes. Psychology was easily my favorite class. Just about every subject that the professor said we would cover fascinated me. We started with dreams and were told to write down a recent dream or a dream remember the most. He then told us that our dreams were what our subconscious was thinking about. I guess I was REALLY excited to go to university then. When the bell rung, I was reluctant to go. I wanted to stay, to hear more, to learn more, but I had to get to my next class. Quickly jotting down the assignment due the next day I went over to Chemistry. It was a boring class and I almost fell asleep. I quickly rushed out of the classroom when the bell rang, glad it was lunch.

 

Are you sure you want to get that? You're gonna get fat.” I heard in my head. My guilty conscious needed to shut up. Ignoring it, I bought my lunch and looked around the cafeteria, hoping to find someone that I recognized. Three of our high school students, including me, decided to attend this University. I smiled as I saw the back of a very familiar head. I made my way over and pushed him off of his chair and sat on it. He looked up with eyes of anger and shock until he realized who it was.

 

“What the heck was that for?” the boy hissed at me.

 

“Thought it would be a good laugh. Missed me Kyuhyun?” I replied, looking right back at his eyes.

 

“Why would I miss you?” He asked as he rolled his eyes, dusting himself off. I slid my tray to the seat across from his and walked to my seat. I smiled at him and looked at a disgruntled Kyuhyun look right back at me. I just smiled cheekily back at him.

 

“Am I interrupting something or can I sit here?” I heard a feminine voice ask. I looked up and met the eyes of a girl who was about my height and long straight hair.

 

“You're in my bio class.” I said, not thinking or realizing what I said until it came out.

 

“Yeah.” She said with a tone that made the fact sound like the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Sure, you can sit here.” Kyuhyun told her. I fidgeted a little when she sat down next to me, I'm a little claustrophobic.

 

“I'm Jihae by the way.” She told us as she started to dig into her food.

 

“I'm Minji and that's Kyuhyun.” I told her. She just nodded in acknowledgment and kept eating her food.

 

“What major are you?” Kyuhun asked as he took another spoonful of his soup.

 

“Chem.” She replied with a mouthful of rice, almost like she didn't eat for days. When she swallowed and took a drink of water, she looked up at us. “What are you guys majoring in?” She asked. I looked at her empty tray. It had twice the amount of food mine did and now it was just gone.

 

“Modern music.” Kyuhyun said, also staring at the tray. He got beat by a girl!

 

“Bio.” I said and laughed at Kyuhun's expression. His eyes were still wide at the girl who was now downing water.

 

“I hate Biology.” Jihae muttered.

 

“I hate Chem.” I replied with a chuckle. She just looked at me and we laughed. Maybe she could tutor me or something.

 

“What's your next class?” She asked me. I quickly took out my schedule and looked.

 

“Molecular Genetics.” I said as I looked up. She thought for a moment.

 

“Which room is that in?” She asked with a thinking face still on. I looked back down.

 

“C-305.” I told her.

 

“I have Organic Chem next. It's room C-306, we should walk together!” She chirped. I smiled.

 

“That would be nice.” I replied. It was nice to make at least one friend on the first day of school.

 

“I don't know about you but I'm gonna go to class, bells about to ring soon.” I heard Kyuhyun say.

 

“ 'Kay, bye!” I said. Jihae and I walked towards our class and I was happy to have a friend to walk to classes with.

 

Don't get too hopeful Minji.” I heard. I really needed to get more sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter up! I hope you like it.

It's kindda short, I'm sorry. =(

I hope you'll enjoy it either way though!