Fever

ABCs of ElVin

Eli could hear Kevin’s cough even in the kitchen and felt bad for his sick boyfriend, the flu shot had actually given him the flu, which the nurse had warned them of beforehand. Eli then proceeded to get the proper things to take care of the sick visual maknae.

 

Things like the thermometer, a cold towel, water, and cough drops, he would have to ask Soo Hyun or someone to go to the store for fever and cold pills. After putting a pot on the stove for soup, Eli made his way into their shared bedroom to comfort Kevin.

 

“Eli, I kept telling you that flu shots were useless.” Kevin sniffled, looking more pathetic than a soaking wet puppy on the side of a cold street.

 

“Ah,” Eli held back a little chuckle at Kevin’s cuteness, “don’t be like that, the nurse said you will experience cold-like symptoms for a few days.”

 

“This is more like a full-blown flu sickness!” Kevin protested as Eli sat next to him on the bed and placed the towel on Kevin’s hot head. Eli kissed Kevin’s pout and smiled.

 

“You’ll get better soon, Kevinny.” Eli reassured with another kiss.

 

“You’ll get sick too, if you’re not careful.” Kevin warned, but was secretly hoping for more kisses, because they were helping to lift his mood.

 

“I have a great immune system, I haven’t gotten sick in ages.” Eli said confidently, standing up again to go make some lunch, “I’ll be back with soup, wait patiently.” But Kevin had already cuddled into his stuffed pillow from Kibum and had fallen asleep, Eli shook his head at his drama queen boyfriend and prepared their lunch.

 

As he was bringing the tray with their soup, grilled cheese, and orange juice, he gave a little cough, followed by a sniffle, “Kevin~!” Eli sung, smiling and acting cute, to Kevin, whose eyes were still closed and cuddled with the doll in his arms, “I brought lunch~” Was all Eli needed to say before Kevin woke up, moving to sitting position to be fed.

 

“Feed me.” He demanded childishly, opening his mouth wide for Eli to feed him. Eli chuckled before breaking off a piece of the sandwich and placing it in Kevin’s mouth. “If I’m going to be treated like this, I’m going to get sick more often!” Kevin stated while chewing with a large smile on his face.

 

“Okay, princess” Eli teased, earning a pout from Kevin, who didn’t like being referred to as a princess, apparently, but it was what he was acting like. “I’m kidding, Binny,” Eli corrected himself, as Kevin began to feed himself with a sour look on his face, but Eli had to hold back a smile, “I’ll feed you, so stop it.” Eli took the spoon from Kevin and dipped it back into the broth.

 

“I’ll feed you, then!” Kevin said cheerfully, taking the other grilled cheese sandwich and plucking off a piece for Eli, who chewed the food happily. The lovey-dovey couple ate in happiness, after they were finished, Eli took Kevin’s temperature once more and frowned when it was still a little high

 

“Eli-hyung, I’m sleepy, will you watch a movie with me until I fall asleep?” Kevin asked, looking up at Eli with large eyes that were so hard to resist, but it wasn’t like Eli wanted to, anyway.

 

“Yeah, Soohyun should have gone out to get you some medicine, so I’ll go out and get that, and I’ll get a movie.” Eli nodded, gathering the lunch dishes from the bed and carrying them back out.

 

“How’s Binny?” Kiseop asked.

 

“He’s really milking this whole sick thing, but I don’t mind as much.” Eli shrugged.

 

“So, in other words, he’s being a baby?” Kiseop asked, a smile on his face.

 

“He put me through a ten minute rant about how the flu shots didn’t work when I went in to check on him while you were making his lunch.” Soohyun sighed, collecting the bag with the medicine from the kitchen counter.

 

“That’s Kevin for you.” Eli chuckled and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge to give to Kevin to take his medicine and then picked Kevin’s favorite movie from the dorm’s collection of movies.

 

“Just don’t get sick yourself, hyung.” Dongho warned before Eli made his way back to his sick boyfriend. Eli just waved Dongho off, before covering his mouth with his free hand as he coughed, pulling his eyebrows together.

 

Kevin was still comfortable in his bed and moved over a little for Eli to lay with him after putting the movie into the television in the room and wrapped his thin arms around Eli to get comfortable. Not even twenty minutes into the movie, Kevin was asleep.

 

Eli chuckled as he heard the younger snore lightly, Eli looked down to examine Kevin’s sleeping face and grimaced. As much as he loved Kevin and wanted to take care of him, he didn’t like the drool spot spreading on his shirt, but he also didn’t want to disturb the sleeping angel. Eli sighed, figuring that once Kevin got better, he would make Kevin pay for slobbering all over his shirt, but for the meantime, Eli settled down for a nap.

 

….

 

When Eli woke up, he felt groggy and stuffy, his head pounded in the light of the remaining sunlight, even though there wasn’t all that much left, “Eli! You’re up!” Kevin cheered, “Guess what? You took such good care of me, I’m all better now!”

 

Eli could only groan and roll over, causing the cheerful boy to frown and feel Eli’s forehead, “You’re burning up, hyung!”

 

“I think I’m sick.” Eli sniffled pathetically.

 

“You told me you never got sick, Eli!”

 

“Well, apparently your sick germs have super strength, because you got me sick!”

 

“I’m so sorry, Eli! I’ll get the medicine and some soup and a blanket and-“ Kevin’s voice faded from Eli’s ears as he went throughout the house to collect everything he was listing off. Eli just pressed his face into the pillows and waited for Kevin to get back.

 

“I’ll take good care of you like you took care of me~!” Kevin smiled, holding out a stuffed bear for Eli to cuddle with. Eli took the bear pathetically, pouting up at Kevin, who also had a bottle of water and a couple pills. After taking the pills, Kevin asked Eli if he was hungry, “Ani, I just want to sleep.” Eli requested with a sigh.

 

Kevin crawled into the bed and started running his fingers soothingly through Eli’s hair, humming one of their songs softly, Eli didn’t even have time to identify the song before he once again fell asleep, hoping to sleep away the fever in Kevin’s arms.

 

Eli figured it was okay to be a baby every once in a while.

 

 

A somewhat sequel to the last one~!

What do you think?

This story is really really really REALLY fluffy..but that's okay, I guess.

Because it's good to read something cavity enducing sometimes. ^.^

~!~

In other news, Big Bang's music video for Monster inspired this really cool idea for a novel in my head, and I've been working on quite a bit....I still have only two pages, but whatever. I need to get an outline done for it before I work on any more, I believe, because so far I don't have much planned. I'm really excited to get started on it.

Maybe you'll have the pleasure of seeing it in your local book stores in a couple years....?

Hahaha, kidding, it probably won't turn out that good. ^.^ I have no plans on becoming an author. Hahah