Cherries

ABCs of ElVin

“Eli hyung~!” Kevin burst into the dorm room they both shared, carrying a plate with some kind of dessert on it. “I brought you a treat that I made~!” Kevin sang, a happy bounce in his step. Eli sat up from his weight set and looked at Kevin. The bubbly blonde boy was in a pink apron with a strawberry on the front and several frills here and there, Eli briefly wondered if the ridiculous apron was left over from the Chef's Kiss days.

 

Eli's eyes then strayed to the cake Kevin held out to him, strawberry shortcake. Eli his lips, his stomach growling in anticipation. Kevin always knew the exact way to ruin his workout, but Eli figured it didn't matter. One small piece of cake wouldn't hurt him. Plus, there was fruit on top. There. Nutritional.

 

Kevin handed him the plate graciously and happily, “It looks so yummy, huh?” Kevin was obviously proud of his work, “this is the only one I've made so far, and I wanted you to try it.” Eli thanked Kevin and picked up the fork on the plate, spearing a strawberry and an edge of the cake, soaking it in some of the red sauce that was drizzle artistically over the cake. Kevin waited anxiously, almost doing a little potty dance while Eli brought the cake to his lips purposefully slow, watching Kevin dance in excitement with a smirk.

 

“Oh, come on!” Kevin groaned, frustrated and shoved the fork the remaining way into Eli's mouth. Eli wanted to protest, but didn't have the chance. Since it was already too late, he chewed and swallowed. It was delicious, but he could already feel his tongue swelling.

 

“Did you put cherries in that?” Eli asked, looking at Kevin.

 

“Yeah, the red sauce stuff on top, did you like it?” Kevin bounced, his face bright.

 

“It was delicious, but you're lucky I'm not deathly allergic to them.” Eli pointed out and then it was too hard for him to talk.

 

Kevin slapped his hand over his mouth, eyes wide, “I'm so sorry, Eli!” Kevin squealed at his mistake, switching to English momentarily, which was something he did when he was upset. “I totally forgot that you were allergic! I just wanted to do something nice and I saw all the ingredients for it and-” Kevin panicked, rushing around Eli, looking for something. Eli wasn't even sure Kevin knew what he was looking for. “You're not going to die, are you? Because I know CPR, I was certified a couple years ago. Do those things expire? I got it in America will it still work here?”

 

Eli was amused at the younger boy's freak out, but figured he should stop if before Kevin hurt himself. “No, Kevin, I just said that I wasn't deathly allergic.” Eli tried to say, but his swollen tongue kind of made that hard for him, which only made Kevin panic more.

 

“I've killed Eli!” Kevin shouted dramatically, throwing his arms around Eli with a sob, “I'm so sorry, Eli!” Kevin apologized for the millionth time. Eli tried to pry the small boy off of him, but surprisingly, Kevin held fast with all the strength he possessed in his noodle thin arms.

 

“Kebin.” Eli pronounce as clearly as he could. “Kebin, I'm awhl wight.”

 

Kevin pulled back, pouting, “are you sure, hyung?” Kevin asked with a sniffle. “I'm going to make it up to you!” He suddenly exclaimed, pulling Eli out of his room and towards the kitchen.

 

“Hey Kevin, El-oh my god what happened to your face?!” Soohyun asked as they passed him on the couch and he got up to follow them.

 

“He's allergic to cherries...” Kevin replied to Soohyun quickly.

 

Soohyun's worry wasn't pacified, because, like a good leader, he cared for all of s. “Do you need me to call a doctor or something?” he asked, looking at Eli who shook his head.

 

“When dissshh habbensss, meh tuhng only swelwuls a wittle bitthh.” Eli explained, leaving Soohyun a little more confused.

 

“He's okay, hyung, just let me take care of him.” Kevin pushed the leader from the kitchen in a rush and then turned to the medicine cabinet above the microwave, reaching high, “where is it?” He muttered and then gave a triumphant shout, turning back to Eli. “AH!” He screamed.

 

“What?” Eli exclaimed, worried over Kevin's reaction.

 

“Hiiiiiiiives.” Kevin let out, taking the epi-pen from its container. “don't worry, I found your epipen.” He nodded. Eli winced as the younger boy gently injected him with the allergy medication, and within moments, he could feel his tongue start to shrink. “Now, I'm going to make you some nice, warm, cookies. But you have to help, okay?” Kevin nodded.

 

Eli rolled his eyes as Kevin put an equally frilly blue apron over his head and shuffled around to tie it behind Eli's back. Eli stood at the counter while Kevin bustled around the kitchen, grabbing this and that and placing the cookie ingredients in front of Eli, getting the bowls and measuring cups last.

 

“Ta-da!” Kevin waved his hands, “The ElVin team together again to make delightful desserts!” He announced, punching out a fist. At this, Eli laughed, ruffling the hair on the boy's head. “They'll be really tasty, promise!”

 

“They better be after all you put me through...” Eli teased.

 

“DON'T PUT ANY NUTS IN THEM!” Kiseop burst through the door, having heard the two discussing cookies. Eli and Kevin shared a look before laughing.

 

These aren't turning out to be very long... -_-;

I really am trying! It's just...they way they end...it just makes sense.

:D

I wonder if the boys in U-KISS really have food allergies...huh.