Bumblebees

ABCs of ElVin

Kevin squealed, running around in circles in the yard, his arms flailing. Eli happened to be stepping out of the building their dorm was located and spotted this strange sight. Eli's eyebrows rose in amusement and curiosity. Although Eli could tell that Kevin was clearly distress, he didn't come to the younger boy's aid. Instead, he leaned against the building and watched a moment. That is, until Kevin spotted him.

 

“Eli hyung~!” Kevin cried, cowering behind Eli's muscular frame as if it would save him from an enemy Eli had yet been able to spot. “The bumblebees are out to get me.” He peeked around and then stuffed his face back into the sleeve of Eli's polo.

 

“I don't see any bees...” Eli narrowed his eye in an attempt to help him see Kevin's tormentors better. It didn't work.

 

“They're there.” Kevin whispered urgently, not exactly being quiet. Eli smiled at Kevin's fear of bees. “I accidentally kicked their hive that had fallen from the tree and they all swarmed me. It was so scary.” Kevin whimpered helplessly into Eli's shoulder. “I think they stung me...”

 

Eli turned to examine Kevin, looking for any signs of a swollen bee sting, and found a red puffy patch on his left cheek. Eli touched in gently. “Did they get me?” Kevin's eyes welled dramatically, as if he was going to die from the harmless bee sting. “I saw on the nature channel once that bee stings are poisonous, am I going to die, Eli?” Kevin asked frantically.

 

“Geez! You'd think you haven't ever been stung by a bee before, Kevin.” Eli laughed at his reactoin.

 

“I haven't!” Kevin pointed out, holding his cheek. “It hurts really bad.” He pouted.

 

Eli immediately felt sympathy for his dongsaeng and anger at the stupid bee who had done it. “You'll be fine, Kevin. It doesn't look like the bee left the stinger in there, so you just have to wait for it to heal. It should stop being red in a couple hours.”

 

“Are you sure, Eli?” Kevin cradled his cheek gingerly in his hand, bottom lip sticking out farther than it ever had. Eli pulled his hand away.

 

“Not if you keep touching it. Come inside and we'll watch a movie or something to take your mind from it.” Eli offered.

 

“What were you doing out here, hyung?” Kevin asked as Eli took his hand and walked him into the building. Eli didn't want to say it was because of Kevin, since that was just silly. Kevin had only been gone about half an hour on his run, which Eli did in the morning, so it didn't make sense that he had been anxious about Kevin being away for so long. So, instead of stating the embarrassing turth, Eli just shrugged and said he couldn't remember.

 

Even after the two hour movie had ended, Kevin's cheek hadn't returned to a normal size, in fact, Eli could clearly see that it had gotten bigger. “How does it look?” Kevin asked, trying to look down at his cheek and failing. “Is it better now?”

 

“Are you allergic to bees?” Eli asked, having noticed Kevin scratching it a couple times during the movie.

 

“I don't know, I've never been stung...” Kevin said absentmindedly and then his eyes grew twice their size in shock as he realized what Eli was implying. Kevin rushed to the bathroom for the mirror and let out a disdainful whine, “It's so big!” Kevin yelled, and then yelped. “And it hurts. Eli, I really am going to die, aren't I?!” Kevin cried and Eli rolled his eyes at Kevin's dramatics.

 

“No...I bet there is a piece of the stinger in there, or the whole thing...we just need to draw it out.” Eli said expertly, since he had an unlucky past with bees and wasps. And anything with stingers. “I'll go get a hot rag and a needle.” Eli his heel to get started.

 

“Needle?” Kevin squeaked, worried. He followed closely behind Eli with big eyes. Eli just shrugged, worrying the small boy even more.

 

….......

 

Kevin squirmed in his seat, trying not to move his head. His surprised note grew an octave as he could feel the needle Eli had poking his skin. “I've almost got it.” Eli said, pressing the hot rag to Kevin's face.

 

“You said that five minutes ago...” Kevin pointed out, his voice strained with pain. “I'm not going to bleed, am I? I can't have any scars for my schedule tomorrow.” He asked, worried.

 

“No, you shouldn't. And the swelling should go down right away, too.” Eli explained monotonously, concentrating on his work. A couple moments later, Eli retrieved the tiny black stinger from Kevin's cheek with a triumphant shout.

 

Kevin looked at the foreign invader and glared, that tiny little stinger was what caused him so much pain. “That was in there deep.” Eli said, leaning in close to the side of Kevin's face to look at the hole the stinger had come from. “It was a very angry bee.”

 

“Thank you, Eli~!” Kevin sung, wrapping his arms gratefully around Eli. “It feels ten times better now.” Eli returned the hug, once again chuckling at the picture he still had in his mind of Kevin running around the yard, frantically swatting away bees.

 

Eli thought for a second that maybe he should teach Kevin the proper way to take care of bees when they fly around him. Naw, Eli decided with an evil smirk, he'll learn eventually.

 

Well....there is the second one..

Again.

And it's short...

again.

:DDD