Algebra

ABCs of ElVin

Kevin ruffled his hair, his fingers in fist in his hair as he could not get the problem right. He had been stuck for five minutes at least and the answer in the back of the book did not match the one he was getting. Tufts of hair stuck out from the gaps in Kevin's slender fingers as he scribbled furiously on the paper.

 

Kevin heard a shuffle to his left and Eli's face was next to his own all of a sudden, looking down at the paper Kevin was nearly tearing holes in as he tried to write. “Kevin” Eli had to keep a straight face as he found the younger boy's frustration adorable.

 

Kevin turned to Eli, glaring at his hyung for interrupting. “Ne? What is it?” Kevin asked impatiently.

 

“You copied the problem down wrong...” Eli said cautiously. “It's 345 not 543...” Eli pointed out. Recognition spread over Kevin's face and he smacked his forehead lightly, letting out a noise that was a mixture of relief and disbelief as he laughed at his own silly mistake.

 

“Then it all makes sense!” Kevin then started writing with new found determination.

 

“Be careful next time, okay?” Eli chuckled, ruffling Kevin's short blonde hair. Eli felt like he could stoke Kevin's hair all day, it was so silky and smooth. Eli hadn't ever expressed his feelings to Kevin, they were just implied, as were Kevin's for Eli. There had been no dramatic confession of love or anything like that, Eli didn't think there was a need. Eli knew what Kevin felt for him without Kevin saying anything and vice versa through the little things.

 

The gentle touches, shy smiles, and looks they shared. Eli enjoyed the time they spent together, even if it was only to do homework some days. Eli didn't notice he had kept his hand at the back of Kevin's neck, twirling the hair in his fingers, until Kevin suddenly shifted closer. “You're distracting me.” Kevin pointed out to Eli in his soft, feminine voice.

 

“Sorry.” Eli grunted, but really, he wasn't sorry at all and Kevin noticed this, especially since Eli didn't stop, he just kept twisting the blonde hair in his fingers.

 

“Hyung~!” Kevin complained, wiggling in his spot on the floor, elbows leaning on the table their school books were spread across in a haphazard mess. “I need to concentrate. There's a test tomorrow, so you do, too.”

 

“Do you want me to stop?” Eli whispered, though hoping Kevin said no.

 

Kevin shook his head, “I guess we have been working hard...”

 

“It's time for a break.” Eli nodded in agreement to Kevin's justification. Kevin tiredly laid his head against Eli's shoulder, wrapping his arms around Eli's muscular body. Kevin gave a sigh of contentment, closing his eyes as Eli's arms spun around his thin form tightly. They stayed like that for a few moments before Eli noticed Kevin's even breathing. The tired blonde had fallen asleep.

 

Sometimes Eli though Kevin worked too hard, especially when he could fall asleep so easily while sitting up. Eli didn't really know what to do with the other boy since Kevin was in his house and Eli didn't want to wake him up to tell him to go home. Moments of thought later, Eli slipped Kevin's phone from his tight jeans and scrolled through Kevin's contacts until he landed on 'Umma'.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Kevin's mother answered.

 

“Hello, is this Kevin's mom?” Eli asked awkwardly. This seemed like a better idea in his head.

 

“Yes, is Kevin okay?” She asked in a rushed and worried tone.

 

“Yeah, he just fell asleep and I was just calling to ask if he can just stay the night...”

 

A sigh of relief filled Eli's ear, “OMO! It's already after nine!” Kevin's mother exclaimed, “Even though it's a school night, I'm fine with it.” His mother complied. Eli thanked Kevin's mother and he closed the phone, the cute charms tingling as Eli placed it on the table.

 

Eli examined Kevin's sleeping face. It was the first time he had seen it, and Eli couldn't help but thinking how beautifully peaceful it looked. With a sigh, Eli lifted Kevin off of the ground and walked with his curled safely in his arms to his room. Eli laid next to Kevin in his bed, brushing the hair the had fallen over Kevin's eyes behind his ear and kissing his forehead.

 

Kevin's eyes flickered open, his eyes unfocused due to the sleepy haze clouding his mind. “Eli hyung?” Keving asked softly, fingertips trailing over Eli's face lightly. Eli, instead of answering, wrapped his arms once more around Kevin, bringing him up against his chest. Kevin buried his face in Eli's neck. “I like you, hyung...” Kevin spoke so softly Eli almost couldn't hear it even though Kevin was speaking right next to his ear, “you know that, right?” Eli's heart sped up, and heat rushed to his cheeks.

 

It was so different hearing the words out loud, Eli discovered. Hearing them out loud made it all the more real. With Kevin's words, their feelings were set in stone. Eli pulled back to look at Kevin's face, only illuminated by the light spilling in through the window above Eli's bed. The pale moonlight cast Kevin's face in a blueish hue, giving him the image of an ethereal being.

 

Eli swallowed, suddenly nervous. “I-I know...” He stuttered, something he almost never did. “I-...I like you, too, Kevin...” Eli eventually got out. Kevin's arms went around Eli's neck, forcing their faces closer together. Eli felt a shiver go down his spine and his hands shake as Kevin's lips softly brushed his. To stop his hands from shaking, he tightened his grip on Kevin, which only applied more pressure to the kiss.

 

Eli felt dizzy, the sensation of their lips molded together was as overwhelming as it was delightful. It was everything Eli pictured it to be, even if he hadn't realized he had wondered much until this moment. And more. So much more than Eli could have imagined.

 

Kevin's eyes widened when Eli pulled him closer, their lips pushing together more, and ran his fingers through Eli's hair as they slowly slid closed once more. Kevin had been waiting for this moment ever since he had realized his feelings for Eli. Which was close to a year ago.

 

They pulled back after what seemed like hours when in reality had only been a couple seconds. Eli pressed his forehead against Kevin's and they both gazed sleepily into the others' eyes with smiled on their face. “What about our algebra homework?” Kevin asked in a whisper.

 

“We can do it tomorrow morning.” Eli answered simply, pulling the covers over their bodies tightly.

 

 

 


First chapter (Again)

Since it got deleted...what was up with that anyway?