EE-YEOWCH!

ABCs of ElVin

Kevin's screaming was heard throughout the dorm, alarming several sleeping members of the group, including Eli, Kevin's room mate. "What is it now, Binny?" Eli groaned, running a sleepy hand over his face, rolling over.


"Eliiiiiii~!" Kevin whined, rushing from the bathroom to their shared room, "Eli!"
 

"What?" Eli groaned once again.
 

"It's terrible, terrible, I say!" Kevin began, latching onto the older's arm, "you have to hid me quickly!"
 

"Why?" Eli asked, still half asleep and getting a headache from Kevin's screaming.
 

"My mom is coming!"
 

"I thought you loved your mom...you text her enough."
 

"I do! I do! I love my mommy, but she...she's coming to take me to the doctor. To get flu shots." Kevin pouted.
 

Eli was torn. On one hand, he knew of his boyfriend's extreme fear of needles, but on the other, he didn't want him to get sick because of this either. And Kevin was susceptible to colds and flus. Eli bit his lip in thought, Kevin huddled against him in fright at the upcoming appointment. "Kevin...you don't want to get sick, do you?" Eli started, thinking he could convince his dongsaeng to go.
 

Kevin only pathetically shook his head, still buried in Eli's arm, "you have to get the shot, then...what if I come with you and hold your hand?" Eli persuaded. Slowly, Kevin shyly came to face Eli with a small nod, a deep set pout on his lips.

....

When they arrived at the doctor's office, Kevin's grip on Eli's hand only tightened, his slender fingers were trembling. Eli gave his hand a squeeze back and inconspicuously looked at Kevin's mom. Eli knew she was aware that her son was gay, but whether or not she knew about their relationship was unknown. Eli gulped nervously, but didn't let go of the frail hand in his.
 

Kevin sat down first, bouncing his leg up and down nervously. Meanwhile, Eli was a whole different kind of nervous as Kevin's mother glanced at their intertwined hands. Eli caught the tiny twitch of her lips and tried to interpret it. Was it good or had? Did she know or not? Kevin, too absorbed in his own dismal path, did not feel Eli's palms begin to sweat as they usually did when he was nervous.
 

Was this what it was normally like meeting the parents of the person you were dating? Would his mom approve of him? All these questions and more ran through Eli's head and Kevin finally looked over towards Eli, noticing his boyfriend's discomfort.
 

Kevin put two and two together and leaned in close to Eli, "don't worry, she knows. And, from what I've told her of you, she seems to like you."
 

"But you probably only mention the good stuff..." Eli trailed off, not confident with Kevin's reassurance.
 

"There's bad stuff?" Kevin asked, sounding honestly surprised, which made Eli smile and release some of his nervousness. Kevin was too sweet, sometimes. Kevin's lips soon pecked Eli's cheek, causing the older to blush slightly and look towards the older adult present, who was trying her best, Eli could tell, to avoid looking over at them. "She loves you, Eli, because she knows you make me so happy." Kevin began to reassure Eli some more, squeezing his hand.
 

Just as Eli started to open his mouth to thank Kevin, his name was called. Kevin's frown returned and he stood up, dragging Eli with him, “Can I take my friend with me? I'm really bad with needles.” Kevin explained, the nurse only nodded.

 

The procedure should have taken only a few minutes, if that, but with Kevin's tensing muscles and squealing, it took almost ten minutes before the nurse could get close enough with the needle to give him the shot. Eli would have found the scene comical, if it weren't for the fact that Kevin almost had tears in his eyes, he was so scared.

 

Eli released Kevin's hand to wrap his arm around his shoulder, taking Kevin's shaking hand in his other free hand, “Shhh, Kevin, you'll be fine.” He comforted, and Kevin turned his face into Eli's neck, the smell he was so familiar with filling his nostrils and instantly calming him.

 

Taking the boy's fallen guard as an opportunity, the nurse stuck Kevin, making him squeak and jerk.

 

“There, it's over!” The nurse exclaimed, obviously relieved she didn't have to deal with such a difficult patient anymore, rolling over to the drawers and getting a band aid.

 

The injured boy rubbed his bandaged arm and pouted, walking with the shorter dark haired man to the waiting room where Kevin's mother was reading a style magazine, “Finally, I thought you would take forever!” she exclaimed, standing up.

 

“Sorry, mom....” Kevin pouted, Eli kissed his forehead, forgetting momentarily about his mother, and smiled himself when he noticed how Kevin smiled.

 

“You guys....” His mother began, bringing both of the boys' attention to her, “you're the cutest thing I have ever seen. It's been nice to meet you, Eli, would you like to come over for lunch?”

 

Eli was surprised, but nodded politely, “yeah, that would be great.”

 

Kevin nudged Eli's shoulder with his own, “I told you my mother loved you already.”

 

“I told you shots weren't that bad.” Eli answered back.

 

Kevin pulled a face and once again rubbed his wound gently, “yeah, they are...”

 

I'M SO SORRY!!!! IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG!!!!

Over a month.....

I'll try harder!

But, this one was hard to write since I couldn't come up with an E word for the longest time.

So, I guess I kind of cheated. Hahahahah

The next one, I guess, could be kind of a sequel...I already have it planned so maybe it won't take so long to get written....?

Thanks for sticking with me....if you really did hahahah