Jealousy

ABCs of ElVin

Kevin was fuming as he watched Eli from across the room. When their management said they would be interacting with girls for the 'Stop Girl' dance, Kevin didn't think anything of it. If he would have known Eli would be all over them, he would have protested.

 

Or locked Eli up in the dressing room.

 

Kevin pushed back from the wall and went back over to their stylist, his eyeliner would need touched up for the next part of their shoot. They were on their twelfth hour of shooting and not only was Kevin angrier than a hive of hornets, he was exhausted. Not only that, he was also a tad bit hurt that Eli was ignoring him for the women.

 

Eli could be bi all he wanted, but Kevin didn't like that, even though Eli was dating him, their relationship seemed like nothing to him. Not out in public, anyway.

 

When they loaded into the van after shooting, Eli wrapped an arm around Kevin. Shrugging it off, Kevin glared out the window. “Kevin? What's wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” Kevin replied, his voice curt. “I'm just tired.”

 

Eli didn't believe it, of course. But, since they were in the van with all the other members, he could pressure Kevin to talk. They were all tired beyond belief, and starting an argument in close quarters probably wasn't the best idea. So, instead he let Kevin be and stared at the seat in front of him where Kiseop was leaning against AJ, head bobbing sleepily.

 

Getting into bed, Eli was refused entry into Kevin's for some cuddling before sleep. Eli rubbed his eyes, “Come on, Kevin, what's wrong?”

 

“You can't be that clueless, Eli.” Kevin glared at him. Seeing Eli's lost look, Kevin sighed loudly, “The back up dancers? You put your filthy paws all over them!”

 

Eli looked down at his hands in confusion and then back at Kevin, “I was just calming their nerves, this was their first time outside of practice performing the dance.”

 

“Yeah, calming their nerves! You could have just taken them to bed.” Kevin plopped himself back against the pillows with his back away from Eli.

 

Eli pressed the heel of his hands to his eyes, rubbing the sleep from them, “It wasn't like that, Kevin. And you know it.”

 

“I do, do I?” Kevin scoffed, folding his arms, “Obviously not since I'm so mad at you.”

 

“You're being ridiculous!” Eli's voice rose, and fueled Kevin's anger.

 

Kevin sat up in a flash, facing Eli, “I'm being ridiculous? No. Ridiculous is ignoring your boyfriend whenever a hot girl is around. Ridiculous is making your boyfriend doubt his importance to you. Ridiculous is not even seeming to think about your boyfriend's feelings as you flirt senselessly with women. If you like them more, just tell me. Don't lead me on like this, Eli.”

 

“But I don't like them, Kevin! I've only ever liked you.” Eli burst, his volume rising to match Kevin's.

 

“Like I'll believe that! It's not just the back up dancers, you flirt with any woman you can. Do you think I'm comfortable with that? I get that we can't go public with our relationship, but you don't have to go so far out of your way to appear straight! It makes me feel unaccepted. It makes my feelings for you seem completely unrequited.” Kevin explained.

 

“It's not like that, Kevin!”

 

“Then what is it like, Eli? Please tell me, because I'm obviously not getting something here.”

 

“I love you, Kevin.” Eli stated, “I love you so much more than I've ever loved anyone else, okay? But, I know that I can never ever completely have you, not really. And certainly not while we're idols. If we came out as a gay couple, do you have any idea what would happen to us? The ridicule and judgment. I'm so scared of that. I'm scared of it, not for myself, but because how you'll be hurt by it. And, if our relationship ever caused you pain...I...I just would never be able to live with myself, okay?”

 

Kevin stayed silent now, his anger melting away with Eli's speech.

 

“I want nothing more than to tell everyone in the entire world that you're mine, and I'm yours. But we can't, we can never do that. I live for the moments in private where we can snuggle up in warm blankets. The moments when I can whisper cheesy lines into your ear and make you smile. I want them more often, and I cherish them more than life itself. I love stealing kisses when no one is looking, and I just want to protect those moments. I want to protect you. Forever.”

 

Kevin nodded, “I'm sorry, Eli...”

 

Eli crawled onto the bed next to Kevin and his petite lover's hair, “It's okay, Kevin. I get really jealous when you have to dance with them, too.” Eli chuckled and kissed Kevin's temple. “I forgive you.”

 

With a small sniffle, Kevin wrapped his arms around Eli and buried his face in the muscular chest, “I won't ever get mad at you over this again, okay? I promise.”

 

Eli smiled wide, “Okay, babe. I'll try not to make you jealous. I'll tone back the flirting.” Eli promised.

 

“No, because it's who you are, and I love you just as you are. Even if you flirt too much.” Kevin shook his head, “just keep being yourself and I'll get over all my insecurities.”

 

“I'll help you with those, too.” Eli once again placed a kiss against Kevin's temple.

 

Even though it's only two pages, I hope this makes up for how much I haven't updated. OTL

Sorry, I've been going through some super mega bad writer's block and I'm trying to get back into the habit of writing.

But, since this is only a drabble series, it doesn't have to be a huge update...right?

Aish. In any case, I'm sorry. OTL OTL OTL