Chapter 69: Bundles of Joy.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Grandfather!” A child about three years of age ran out from the establishment that Joohyun and Seulgi had surrounded Old Jung in front of.

 

“Jimin-ah!” Old Jung gave a wholehearted smile and opened his arms wide as the little girl ran into his arms. 

 

Grandfather? Seulgi looked at Joohyun with the same puzzled face. 

 

Suddenly a fairy tone voice as sweet as honeydew melon rang from the establishment. “Jimin-ah, what have I said about running out and about like that!”

 

Seulgi’s heart did a double take. Joohyun’s head did a double turn. Both experiencing a rush of emotions – joy, relief, nostalgia – as they took in the sight of an old friend, her features etched with the passage of time yet still unmistakably the same. 

 

“Joy!” The pair tackled her as she chased after the little girl. “Oogf!” 

 

“Mother!” The little girl wiggled herself out of her grandfather’s arms with worry.

 

“Mother?” Joohyun pushed Seulgi to the side before helping Joy back on her feet.

 

Joy smiled bashfully before picking up Jimin in her arms. “This is Jimin, my daughter. Jimin greet your aunties. They’re very close friends of mine.” 

 

Jimin crossed her arms and bowed her head. “Greetings aunties.” She gave Joohyun another look before diving into her mother’s shoulders. 

 

“So you finally have a little one running around.” Seulgi chuckled and patted Jimin’s head.

 

“Is this where you’ve disappeared to, all this time?” Joohyun sulked, feeling left out. Although both she and Seungwan were notified that Seulgi had temporarily taken over the Happiness Brothel network, neither were informed of where Joy had gone off to. 

 

“Aiya, give me the child and you children can catch up inside.” Old Jung took Jimin from Joy and proceeded inside the establishment. 

 

“Where…?” Joohyun looked up at the sign of the establishment. It read Happiness Brothel. “Seulgi-ah!”

 

Seulgi, who also read the sign, looked back to Joy. “There’s a branch in Buluo too?”

 

Joohyun narrowed her brows. Then did that mean the old beggar also overheard their conversation on finding an information trading network in Buluo? She faced Joy. “Do you know exactly who Old Jung is?” 

 

Joy scrunched her brows but answered despite the confusion. “Of course, he’s my father.” 

 

“Your-!” Seulgi hopped two steps backwards. “The old beggar we’ve been chasing is your father?”

 

Joy held her sleeve up to her lips and let out a light chuckle. “He does like dressing up as a beggar sometimes. Come in, we should really be discussing this inside.” She beckoned the two into the brothel. 

 

As it turns out Old Jung was Joy’s foster father. His full name was Jung Kyungh

Please log in to read the full chapter