Chapter 66: Our secret weapon.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

General Taeyeon was revising a new formation strategy draft when all of a sudden, her daughter stumbled in, panting heavily out of breath.

 

“Father, code pink! Code pink!”

 

Without any further words, the war god general ran to her bed and hastily removed the books of military tactics sprawled all over. Then she lifted her blanket for three bodies to take cover in. Wait, three? One, two, thr-

 

“Seulgi!” Taeyeon sat on the edge and pulled the latter to sit up. She looked at her up and down, checking if there was any harm done. “You’re alright.” Taeyeon stated rather than ask.

 

Seulgi’s heart was filled with warmth from the parent figure she missed. She gave Taeyeon a smile and nodded her head. “I am.” She assured the general.

 

“Taeyeon–ah” A deep and mellow voice left Taeyon frozen in place. The different side effects the same voice could have on the general…

 

Joohyun sighed in defeat when she saw her father stuck in place. She sat up from the bed and cleared . “M-mother.” She bit back her tongue. She had already failed. “What are you doing here at this time? Father was just about to put us to sleep.” She smiled at Miyoung standing near the entrance.

 

“Just who do you think I am?” Miyoung walked over to the bed, glaring at the four of them. “How old are you all to still have your father put you to sleep?” She rolled her eyes and pulled Taeyeon up from the edge of the bed.

 

“But-”

 

“No.” Miyoung pointed at Joohyun.

 

“It’s-”

 

“Hush.” Miyoung placed a finger on her lips and directed her look to Seulgi.

 

“Actu-”

 

“Not a word.” Miyoung pulled in fingers across her lips in a silencing motion at Seungwan.

 

Then Lady Bae turned to Taeyeon. She crossed her arms and glared at the general. “So you’re letting them visit brothels in the middle of the night now?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widen and she looked back to the trio in her bed.

 

Joohyun sighed in defeat. She knew it was pointless to cover it up. Her mother had her father wrapped around her finger. Then she climbed off the bed. “It wasn’t father.”

 

“So you admit, you were just at the brothel.” Miyoung stated rather than ask.

 

“Yes, but it’s not what you all think.” Seungwan also crawled off.

 

Miyoung crossed her arms and raised her left brow. “Really now?”

 

“It’s true.” Seulgi swung her legs off to the side of the bed. “We were all meeting up there because I had fled from the capital.”

 

Taeyeon returned to her desk. “For what reason?”

 

Joohyun moved to her father’s desk and unrolled Seulgi’s painting she had pocketed away before the sudden flee.

 

“A painting of Buluo’s symbol of power…?” Taeyeon raised her brow again.

 

“Seulgi drew it.” Seungwan tried to clarify.

 

Miyoung also moved over to the desk to examine the painting. “Of course she did. Neither you nor Joohyun can draw…” She stated the obvious.

 

“But this…” Seulgi finally spoke up as she also made her way over. Then she reported the coincidence of the totems and the Queen’s involvement.

 

Miyoung placed her hand under her chin. “But what could the Queen possibly want from working with foreign enemies?”

 

Taeyeon was in deep thought. The others could tell from the narrowing of her brows and distant look. Then she rolled the painting up and stood up. “Miyoung-ah, rest here for the night. It’ll be dawn by the time you return to the estate. Joohyunnie, return to your tent

Please log in to read the full chapter