Chapter 49: Some sacrifices are inevitable.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

King Lee Donghae was furious. His heated gaze was directed at his seventh child, kowtowing before him. The two of them were currently in his imperial study after the morning session.

 

“Do you have any idea what you have just done child!” His voice roared through the vast room.

 

“R–royal Fa–”

 

“Quiet! Out of all my children, I never would’ve thought…” Donghae rose from his seat. “… you’d be the one to begin this bloody battle. How could you bring trouble for your eldest brother, he is the Crown Prince!”

 

“Ro–”

 

“How dare you not consult with me about this issue beforehand! Do you think just because you have the Bae Clan as your support now, you can usurp your brother’s position?”

 

“Roy–”

 

“Your Majesty, the Prime Minister is requesting for an audience.” Shindong, the chief eunuch, and the King’s personal attendant entered.

 

“Let him in.” Donghae grabbed his temple. “You, return to Yueliang Palace. You are not to step a foot out of there without my permission.”

 

“This son understands.” Seungwan kowtowed once more. “This son shall take his leave.”

 

The study doors opened as she left and the Prime Minister entered.

 

 “Greetings to Yo–”

 

“Aiya, Eunhyuk get up.” Donghae rushed forward from his desk and helped his younger brother up. “Look, don’t stress over this too much. I’ll have Kyuhyun lead the embroidered uniform guards to deal with this case. Don’t worry, Seungwan’s just getting a taste of adulthood. You don’t have to worry about that child.”

 

“This loyal subject sincerely apologizes fo–”

 

“Aiya, Eunkyuk, it is only the two of us here. Drop the formalities.” Donghae made his way back over to his desk.

 

“Brother…I…I have a favor to ask.” Eunhyuk dropped to his knees once more. “Please pardon the Crown Prince’s wrongdoings this once. I… I am willing to take responsibility. It was all my fault, I failed to teach him. As his teacher, I will bear the consequences.”

 

“Eun…why are yo– do you mean that it’s true?” Donghae approached the Prime Minister again. “Was everything Seungwan said…true?”

 

The Prime Minister, Lee Eunhyuk, was the younger brother of Lee Donghae. He was present during Crown Prince Seungri’s birth and became his godfather. Eunhyuk was also chosen to become the Crown Prince’s personal teacher who would guide him onto the right path as a successful ruler. Eunhyuk was a significant pillar of the Li Kingdom as well as to the Crown Prince.

 

While Donghae was strict with all of his children. Prince Seungri was doted on by the Prime Minister and the Queen since birth. This spoiled the crown prince rotten. He was arrogant, avaricious, and lascivious. He had no he

Please log in to read the full chapter