Chapter 17: Making a thousand decisions, even the wise will make a mistake.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Seulgi wasn’t able to carve a key and lock pendant so she opted for something else. Something she thought was meaningful between the two of them. Just like how Joohyun had saved her that day and became a shining star lighting up her dark nights, she also wished to be by the latter’s side through the brightest and darkest of days. 

 

In the end, she engraved a star pendant out of the cherry blossom branch. Then she split it in half. She kept one half and Joohyun was given the other. 

 

Seulgi sighed. She wrapped her fingers around the wooden charm. Trust her. She’s using my own words against me! 

 

Seulgi raised her chest and breathed a sigh as if a huge weight had been lifted off her. Two heads were better than one. 

 

“Let’s discuss more about this at my place.” Seulgi made her way to the door. 

 

“That’s… not a good idea.” Moonbyul quickly blocked her path. “You were a bit drunk on regret this morning.”

 

The broken state of her room flashed before her eyes. “Moonlight Pavilion then. Leave a message for Seungwan and you should return to the princess’s side.”

 

“Understood.”

 

Seulgi led Joy to a single fan shaped structure settled in the middle of a large pond. 

 

“Mas–Seulgi, how are you feeling?” Joy stood behind Seulgi. The latter leaning onto the railing of the pavilion, looking far out into the pond surrounding them. 

 

“I’m fine now. The fresh air is making me feel much better.” Seulgi placed her hands on the railing, shifting her weight forward. “Joy.”

 

Joy looked at Seulgi’s back frame. 

 

“I don’t usually act without constraint.” Seulgi spoke in a calming voice. “As you can already tell, Young Miss Joohyun is a very important person to the Seventh Prince and me.”

 

When suddenly! She turned around and launched at Joy, pushing the latter into one of the pillars behind. Her trained hands gripping firmly around Joy’s neck. 

 

“S–se–seul–g–gi.” Joy was taken aback. In all her years of training, she’s never witnessed something at such an inhumane speed!

 

“If I find out you uttered a single word of nonsense…” She tightened her grip. Joy was turning red as she repeatedly hit against Seulgi’s sturdy arm. “Where is Joohyun?”

 

“… c–can–t” 

 

“Don’t you think this was all too much of a coincidence? I came to you last night looking for her. Then all of a sudden, she turns up at your brothel this morning. Yours, out of all the other ones in this city?” Joy turned purple. Her struggle weakening. 

 

Seulgi released her, throwing her to the side. “I can kill you this very moment. Tell me where Joohyun is.”

 

Joy reached for , gasping for air. Her rhythm of breathing slowly returning to its normal state. She glared back at Seulgi. Eyes full of rage and she thought: how dare this person! No one has ever laid a hand on me like this! 

 

“Kill me and you’ll never see Young Miss Joohyun again.” Joy dusted herself off as she stood up. 

 

“Yo–”Seulgi raised her fist.

 

“Seul!” The Seventh Prince called out as she raced towards the other two. “Seul what is the meaning of this?”

 

“How do you know we can trust someone

Please log in to read the full chapter