Chapter 3: Heaven’s arrangement.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Since then, the atmosphere of the Bae residence had been different, especially after Taeyeon’s misunderstandings were cleared up. Perhaps it was from the glory brought back by the former lord or the welcoming of a new lord. The Bae residence greeted the arrival of cherry blossoms as the fragrant spring breeze swept through the estate. Even the servants and maids had a bounce of freshness in their steps. To them, as long as their masters were happy, so were they.

 

Miyoung became bolder in conveying her feelings. But after making the first move, she felt that it should be Taeyeon who confesses. She wanted to be assured that Taeyeon reciprocated how she felt, despite the way Taeyeon deepened their first kiss after recovering from the sudden tackle. 

 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, had become busier due to her new responsibilities as Head of the clan. Every Head of a military family was required to be enlisted in the military. From there, slowly over time and with merit, they climb the military ranks.

 

Taeyeon had become a general within a span of six years, owing much to her adopted father who knew when and where to showcase her skills. The soldiers admired her and officials of high ranks respected her.

 

Since winning the war, Taeyeon’s presence was not needed back at the border camps. But she was taught and trained with the principles of the Bae clan, she was a natural leader and had the skills to manage and motivate soldiers. Because of this, Taeyeon was usually away from home for a month or two each season.

 

Miyoung had taken over domestic issues and any concerns regarding the clan name in Taeyeon’s place. However, problems began to arise when marriage proposals made their way into the residence.

 

The first time Taeyeon encountered such problems, she had returned home after a month and a half at the military camps. Miyoung was in her study chambers and had just exploded from the ridiculous abundance of marriage requests piled on her desk. When Taeyeon confronted her about it, her mood worsened.

 

Taeyeon was a person of few words but her actions speak for themselves: she truly cared for Miyoung. However, the traditional thought of Miyoung marrying some man had been holding her back. She calmly suggested Miyoung pick one of these suitable candidates and try seeing him. This game of hot and cold caused Miyoung’s internal dam to collapse.

 

“What will it take for you to get it through that erted mind of yours!” Miyoung had cornered Taeyeon against her desk. “Joohyun had shown you who my special person was with that portrait. I’ve already shown you who I belonged to with our first kiss! What more do you need to understand that you’re the person I hold dear in my heart?”

 

“…”

 

“We grew up together. I know you feel the same way. Heck, even the whole clan knows!” Miyoung gripped onto the lapels of Taeyeon’s dark rose-colored robes. “It’s fine if you aren’t as expressive about it as I am but at least admit it to me. Let me know with your own mouth, not those of others.”

 

Miyoung loosened her grip and fell back into her chair. She was exhausted, mentally from Taeyeon’s lack of faith in their relationship and physically from rejecting these marriage proposals. “Let me know so that I can confidently show the world you belong to me and so I can dismiss these worthless proposals asking for your hand in marriage!” She gestured towards the stack of letters addressed to Taeyeon. 

 

What unexpected turn of events!

 

Although Miyoung had received a handful of proposals asking for her hand, the estate has been receiving far more proposals, through the front and back doors, asking for Taeyeons’. Their intention: to reap the Bae Clan’s honor and fame. 

 

To Taeyeon, everything Miyoung said after her confession had fallen through one ear and out the other. Taeyeon heard from

Please log in to read the full chapter