Secrets and Friendships

Never Again
Monday is Running Man filming day. Jaeseok is smiling brightly and candidly greeting everyone on the set. He usually does it like that, but his face looks fresh and different. Everyone noticed it, and so did Song jihyo, who made it earlier than expected. As they were all waiting for the opening, Jaeseok noticed someone hiding in the corner of the building. He looks around, and one person isn't there with them, Jeon Somin. As he wants to thread to call her, he sees Ji Seokjin walking fast to where Somin is. Curious, Jaeseok followed his hyeong secretly and listened to the two talking in the corner.
"What are you thinking sending that basket to our house?" Seokjin asked Somin with a nagging tone.
"You said you like those desserts, so I sent one to you," Somin answered casually, which surprised Jaeseok more. Somin does not speak that way during filming, but she talks to everyone respectfully, but this time it's different. "Don't be mad. I want to surprise you, that's all."
"I know what you mean by it, but Ryu Sujung was at home yesterday, and she was the one who received the delivery. She asked me what's the occasion that you sent out that basket. I have to think of a better excuse."
"Ah, oppa." Somin pouted, "Sorry. I'm sorry. I just remembered that your wife doesn't usually stay at home when you are there; that's why when you said you are at home, I thought of sending you one to make you feel better."
Seokjin sighs in defeat before holding Somin's hands, "Next time, ask me before doing such things. You know very well how good Sujung is regarding things like this. I wouldn't say I liked those infidelity dramas that she was watching. It gives her many ideas. Can you also stop getting such offers? It's making me worried."
Somin chuckles, "Ay, oppa. It's just fine. It's just working. Don't worry too much. Hmm, so, are you still mad?"
"Ani. As if I can stay mad at you."
After their talk, Jaeseok waits for Seokjin to come out after hiding from Somin. Once Seokjin came out, Jaeseok pulled him thru his arm to the back room.
"Oh, Jaeseok-a," Seokjin said, surprised. "What? You surprised me."
"You tell me the truth, hyeong."
"What truth?"
"You and Somin-i-"
Seokjin quickly covers Jaeseok's mouth, "Ya, watch your mouth."
Jaeseok puts Seokjin's hand down, "Hyeong, you and Jeon Somin, is it true-?"
Seokjin sighed in defeat before getting a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it up, "I couldn't resist her. I have tried everything I can, but I still feel. And I think it's already late for me. I'm already into deep."
"You are nagging me about having feelings for Jihyo, but here you are with Jeon Somin. Hyeong, Jeon Somin?"
The older man cannot look Jaeseok in the eyes. He is ashamed but can't deny his feelings, "I don't know when it started, but I really can't stop my feelings."
"How? When?" Jaeseok was confused and curious at the same time.
"It happened last month. She asked me to drive her to the airport, and I also picked her up."
"Ya, weren't you afraid of the media?"
"I told her about that, but she was persistent. She cried when I first said no. I couldn't help it. Sujung was not home that day, so I accepted her request. Little that I know what will happen next."
"Don't tell me-?"
"Ye, we slept together that day. From that day on, I couldn't let her go, and she didn't want to let go of me too. Yesterday she sent a basket of desserts to my address. Sujung was surprised, but I just made some excuses. Somin is a ticking time bomb, but I can't leave her."
"What will happen to us?"
"Ya, you and Song Jihyo still have a chance. Don't start it, Yoo Jaeseok."
"I'm more than 6ft under, hyeong. You know how long I have been in love with her."
"My son is already an adult. Because of this, he can catch up quickly if something happens with his mother and me, but your children are not. Naeun and Jiho are still in their tender years. They shouldn't be distracted by anything at this time."
"What can I do, hyeong? I am already threading my way to Jihyo. I am already going to her every time I can."
Jee Seokjin sighed. The two oldest of the show did their job despite their problems. Although they are pretty troubled, they seem to enjoy their time working with the ones they love- secretly.
"Eonni, when will you invite us for a housewarming?" Somin asked while they were inside the dressing room, preparing to go after the Running Man shoot. "You have been there for almost a month now."
"I can't invite you all without asking for your schedules," Jihyo answered, chuckling.
"Noona, how was it? Living alone?" Sechan asked while fixing his bag.
"Hm, how should I say it? It's just different because there was no one to call on at home. I usually ask my mother for things around the house, but now, when I call her, I suddenly realize I am alone. Little things." Jihyo replied with a smile.
Somin embraces Jihyo from behind, "Aww, eonni..." the two women chuckled, and from the corner of the room, the two oldest males were watching them with a smile.
It didn't went pass past Kim Jongkook. He was attentive enough to see the difference between s' smiles.
"Hyeong," Jongkook called Seokjin as he followed him into the parking lot.
"Oh, Jongkook-a. What is it?" Seokjin replied as he stopped walking to his car.
"What was that?"
"What are you talking about?"
"You and Yoo Jaeseok hyeong, are you two on the same ship now?"
Ji Seokjin finally catches what Jongkook is talking about and pulls his dongsaeng somewhere hidden in the parking lot, "Will you watch what you say in a place like this? Can't you see there are lots of people?"
"What now?" Jongkook let out a wry chuckle, "Are you afraid they will hear what you have to say."
"Kim Jong-kook."
"Hyeong, so who is it? Is it Jeon Somin?" Seokjin didn't answer and averted his eyes. "Jeon Somin? Hyeong!"
"Ya, keep your voice down." Seokjin was looking around, trying to see who was coming. "Can you please lower your damn voice?"
"I thought you were different from Jaeseok hyeong, yet here you are, gawking at Jeon Somin? Of all the women out there, why does it have to be Jeon Somin? Hyeong, she's way too innocent for that kind of relationship. How did you make her accept that kind of relationship?"
"I didn't do anything out of the ordinary nor force her into this. Somin was the one who initiated everything. She asked for this and knew what we were going into."
"What? You probably led her on to be that desperate!"
"I don't know what happened, Jongkook-a. And believe me; I don't plan on taking Somin for myself despite having that kind of feelings for her. But, knowing her having the same feelings for me and wanted to do it, I accepted it. I gave in to temptation, and now I can't hold back. I can't let her go. Just one word from her, just one movement from her, and I am already on my knees. I'm already under her spell, Jongkook-a. I love her. I love Jeon Somin and don't want to hurt her in any way."
"But hyeong..." Jongkook was shaking his head in disbelief, "You could've- you could've told her that you cannot reciprocate her feelings and not accept it like that."
"I'm telling you, Kim Jongkook; it's not easy. You might think that it is, but it's not. I am not justifying my shortcomings or mistakes; I am just telling you what I have been through." Seokjin pat Jongkook's shoulder, "You still have a chance at Jihyo. She and Jaeseok are still not in the same stage as us."
Yoo Jaeseok offered to drive Song Jihyo home when her service car got broken and need to stay at the mechanic for the day. Her manager was sorry, but Jihyo's car was in her apartment's parking lot. Her manager then left by a cab because she was ashamed of joining them. Jihyo sits in the backseat while Jaeseok is in the front seat. He can't let his manager see anything about him and Jihyo that will be suspicious.
"I will help her carry her stuff," Jaeseok told his manager when they arrived at the apartment. "Just wait for me here." his manager suddenly scratched his head, biting his lips and showing awkward behavior. "What is it? You have something to say?"
"Hm, hyeong," he bit his lip again, "I need to go now. My girlfriend is waiting for me at the cafe."
Jaeseok chuckles and is relieved suddenly hearing that "Ya, you are a devoted boyfriend." the manager just chuckled awkwardly. "You can go now. Just let my stuff in the van. As long as I have my money and phone on me, I can go home."
"Thank you, hyeong!"
Jihyo and Jaeseok then go on their way up the building.
"Will you be okay, oppa?" Jihyo asked Jaeseok as they went inside the apartment.
"What do you mean?" Jaeseok asked as they walked to the living room. He put Jihyo's stuff on the small couch and removed his cap.
"Do you want something to drink, oppa?"
"Just a glass of water, Jihyo-ya."
Song Jihyo smiled at Jaeseok before going to the kitchen. As she gets something else in the refrigerator, Jaeseok follows her and hugs her from the back, "Oppa?"
"Mm."
Jihyo chuckles, "Are you suddenly tired?"
Jaeseok sighs, "Ye. So I am recharging now."
Jihyo turns to face Jaeseok, "Do I look like a charging station to you, oppa?"
He chuckles before cupping her face and kissing her, "You are not anything other than my love."
"I'm getting used to you saying you love me; you know that, oppa? Is it a bad thing or a good thing?"
"If you ask me, it is working in my favor." Jaeseok then kissed Jihyo more, which the woman didn't refuse but instead returned with her embracing his waist.