No Chance to Lie

Never Again
After securing his children, Jaeseok immediately ran to Jihyo's apartment. He found her in the kitchen fixing the grocery she had just bought. Jaeseok slowly went over to his lover and embraced her from the back.
"I miss you," Jaeseok said before kissing Jihyo on her neck, "I'm sorry for coming so late."
Jihyo chuckles before touching Jaeseok's face without looking at him, "Welcome back, oppa. Have you had dinner?"
"Mhm. There was a meeting earlier, and they invited me to have dinner, so I went with them. I also made sure that the kids had their fill."
"Are they asleep before you go?"
"Naeun is, but Jiho was still on his laptop. I think he is watching something."
"Isn't he asking you anything?"
"Ani." Jaeseok then turned Jihyo around to face him. He touches her face gently before kissing her softly on the lips. Jihyo returned every kiss. Jaeseok sighs in relief, "I miss you, Song Jihyo. It felt like a decade since I couldn't see and kiss you for a day."
"You are overreacting, oppa."
"Can't I stay here tonight?"
"Andwe. The kids should see you when they wake up. Remember, you are their father and the one to care for them now."
The lovers end up cuddling on the couch. They were taking the chance they could get to be together while everything was still quiet. Jaeseok was playing with Jihyo's fingers.
"What did Kyungeun tell you when you talked to her earlier?"
"I apologize to her for everything I have done. I told her that I could not stay with her anymore."
"What did she say?"
"She said nothing. She was still probably thinking about things she could do to make me stay. But I can't. I really can't stay with her. Now that we have already told her about us, I don't think we need to hide anything anymore."
"Oppa, what should we do now? Na Kyungeun would surely do something. I saw someone following me earlier. But I don't think it was your wife's idea. They have picked up from the first news and wanted more."
Jaeseok sighed, "I made sure that no one would follow me. I hope that I won't get caught before the divorce happens."
"Are you going to divorce her, oppa?"
"Of course. You don't want me to?"
"It's not like that. Have you talked with your children about this? I am worried about Jiho."
"I am worried about him too. He is sensitive to things nowadays. He doesn't talk to me that much."
"You need to be careful about handling Jiho. Don't hurt him more than we already did."
Jaeseok sighs, "It is harder for me now to deal with the kids than with Na Kyungeun. Kyungeun didn't call me or message me today after what happened."
"Are you worried about her?"
"Can't help but be. I already sent my manager to check on her earlier, and he said she was in the living room watching television."
"How does she look?"
"I don't know. I never ask my manager."
"By the way, have you eaten yet?"
"I haven't. I'm famished."
Jihyo chuckles, "Let me prepare something for you. But don't expect too much."
"Anything you do for me, I will cherish every bit."
At their marital house, Kyung Eun sits alone on the sofa with the lights off. She can't cry anymore with the loneliness she is enduring all day. The way she is thinking about how her husband just abandoned her like that, Kyung Eun wants to end everything. Divorce? No. It will be a big mess if she opts to go to court. Yoo Jae Seok is not just any other celebrity. It will also implicate her children. The media is not that forgiving, even for kids. Also, thinking about it, their son, Jiho, is in the delicate year of his life, and they can't just make it hard for him this way.
Kyung Eun had spent the night with her mind constantly deliberating about what to do. All the things she could've done at this moment frequently changed, but one thing never changed: she didn't want to make it to big news and create a mess in her husband's and children's life. That's the last thing that she wants to do, not even to Song Ji Hyo.
The morning had come, and Kyung Eun rose from the couch. She barely had a wink of sleep. She wants her peace, but with the things happening now, she just can't. She must move and act accordingly so the media wouldn't get into their life. Na Kyungeun walks to the kitchen, but her sight is blurry and dimmed. She inhaled deeply before gently stepping one more forward.
"I must be lacking sleep." Kyungeun stopped for a while to stabilize her vision. After a few minutes, she drinks a bottle of water from the refrigerator. She took some pills to cure her headache. Kyungeun proceeds to the bedroom to take proper rest for once.
On the other hand, Song Jihyo is preparing some kimbap for Yoo Jaeseok. She woke up early to make it for her lover, but while she was preparing it, Jaeseok was watching her lovingly.
"Stop looking at me like that. Shouldn't you sleep more? You have no schedule today. The kids don't have school too." Jihyo said while rolling the kimbap.
"Ye." He stood up and walked to Jihyo's back before embracing her from the waist.
"What is it now? I won't be able to finish this kimbap if you are going to cling like this to me."
"I won't be staying here for the day, and I know I will miss you again, so I have to take all the scent I get from you wherever I go."
Jihyo chuckles, "Have you told the kids you are going out today?"
"I did last night before coming here."
"Did they tell you where they want to go?"
"Naeun wants to go to waterparks while Jiho wants to go shopping. I don't know what to do first. Should I take them shopping first before going to the pool?"
"You should. Jiho must have lots of things he wants to buy."
"I wish you could come with us."
"You know that can't be, right?"
"I know. I wish we could do it much faster than this. I can't wait to live with you and the kids."
Jihyo stops what she's doing before turning around to face Jaeseok without freeing herself from the embrace, "You know very well that even after you and Kyungeun break up, the media will still dig about the reason for it. What will we do about it?"
Jaeseok inhales and looks Jihyo in the eyes, "I can do many things just to have you by my side, no matter what. Believe me when I say that I can give up everything for you. I have earned enough. I have more than enough in my bank account, and I can elope with you and the kids wherever we can." He touches Jihyo's face, "Don't think about such things too much. Have faith in me and believe my promise. I have waited for you all my life, and I can't just give you up like that. I will fight for this life with you." Slowly and gently, Jaeseok kisses Song Jihyo.
The lovers kept in touch while Jaeseok was with his children. Jihyo told Jaeseok what he should do or say when things didn't go his way.
"Appa," Naeun called her father while having her parfait, "Why is eomma not coming with us? She didn't even call us yesterday and the day before."
"Ahh," Jaeseok was flustered, "Your mother is busy and has to do something. She asked me to bring you to places you guys wanted, even without her. She wanted you and your brother to have fun." He then looked at Jiho, who was glancing at him.
In the evening, the tired Naeun was carried by Yoo Jaeseok to their hotel room. Jiho, on the other hand, sat on the couch. Jaeseok called Jihyo first to say they had arrived at the hotel safely.
"Did you have dinner before going back?" Jihyo asked.
"We did. Naeun ate a lot of samgyupsal. It was the first time I saw her eat heartily. Jiho seemed to enjoy his beef too, but he ate more rice than I am." Jaeseok answered, satisfied, "How about you? Have you had your dinner?"
"Ne. Eomma brought some kimchi and doenjang this afternoon. She cooked me some dishes before going, so I ate early."
After talking and updating each other about their day, Jaeseok left the bedroom and found Jiho sitting on the couch with his phone. Yoo Jaeseok had a test of courage as he sat down beside his son.
"Did you enjoy our bonding today?" Jaeseok asked respectfully.
"I did. Thank you." Jiho replied with respect and smiled timidly.
"I'm glad. Hmm, what do you want to do next time? I will make sure to put you guys on my schedule."
"You don't need to try too hard, appa. I understand how your job is."
"Ani. I know this is sudden, but I want to be involved with you and Naeun as you grow up."
"Appa, can I ask you an honest question?"
"Oh, of course. Just ask away."
"Are you and eomma going to divorce?"
It caught Jaeseok off guard.
"I know I am still young to understand things, but can you at least explain why you are divorcing?"
"Jiho-a, I know this is going to be hard for you and Naeun, but can you guys stay with me until you can understand me or what I am doing?"
"You want us to stay with you and leave eomma?"
"You are not leaving your mother. But I want you guys to live with me. I won't take away from you if you want to go and spend time with Na Kyungeun, but I want you guys to stay with me, that's all."
"Appa, is eomma okay with this?"
"I can't tell you she is okay with anything right now, but believe me and believe in your mother's strength. She will get by this with flying colors. She is a smart woman, and she won't do anything that will harm you or Naeun."
"Why are you divorcing our mother, appa?"